Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bored with Hollywood make believe?... Get a Border Patrol job!

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
Looks like Steven Seagal is tired of make believe and blanks on a Hollywood movie set. He is going to face real bullets, with real criminals, with real drug cartels, who are using real bullets, with real guns, and have a blantant disregard for human life... Now all we need is for Mel Gibson, and Bruce Willis to join the Boarder Patrol in Texas, and our problems with illeagal drugs, and guns and immigrants will be solved.

http://news.yahoo.com/steven-seagal-hollywood-border-law-enforcement-001832630.html

All I got to say is this: "If John Wayne was here he would know what to do."
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "Bruce Willis to join the Boarder Patrol in Texas,"

Yep, those borderline ramshackle hotels can let boarders get too rambunctious at times.

Maybe they will work for room and board ? above board too ? will they be bored to tears ?
    Stay tuned !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,890 Senior Member
    How does one get "Boarder Patrol" out of that link? Boarder Patrol is federal.
    How does one confuse Border with Boarder ???? that's what I want to know.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Continue making movies to avoid joining the Border Patrol?

Ha! You took the words out of my mouth, cpj. Spot on! Ol' Marion couldn't be bothered to lift a finger in real life.

We can laugh at Steven Seagal for his over-the-top acting but he's been a genuine LEO for years, as we've seen in the TV show. Sure, it was "reality" TV but for a long time prior, he did the job and never sought publicity for it. And he earned the respect of his colleagues too.

I say go Steve!
    Best I can make out from reading about him, Bruce Willis is a real guy. Has his own ranch, is a genuine (but quiet) conservative, and doesn't get mixed up in the Hollywood BS. Being married to the yummy Calista Flockhart is okay, too.

Mel Gibson? Maybe he can stay clean and salvage himself.

Okay, okay, it's Harrison Ford who's married to Calista. My bad.
    I think that there are a lot of people that would be surprised to learn that The Duke was nothing more than an actor.

To his credit, he was a genuine pro on set, treated everyone nicely, knew his lines, didn't throw his weight around. Extras, stuntmen, and small role actors always spoke well of him.

He just wasn't at all the patriot or hero he played. Never got into the Hollywood USO WW2 war support scene, either. Let alone genuine front-line soldiers like Tyrone Power, Jimmy Stewart, Ward Bond, etc.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I enjoy his movies.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    How does one confuse Border with Boarder ???? that's what I want to know.

Thanks DoctorWho Check this out: "It borders on the absurd" It ain't unusual for ole Robert to confuse homonyms .... after all I is from the South:iwo:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Its how the OP spelled it. If DocWho would ever figure out the quote function, it would make it easier for old dudes like you to figure out what he is saying.

:that::rotflmao::agree: It's quite an Art to learn: How to reed, rite, and talk southern ain't it...:rotflmao::roll2::that:
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,855 Senior Member
    Good for Steve.

I vote either Steve Seagal or Bruce Willis as ultimate action hero. Bruce Willis was supposedly going to enlist during the Iraq War, but was dissuaded due to his age (this is according to his Wikipedia page). It's nice to see some people in Hollywood who are at least willing to attempt to walk the walk.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    I got to meet Steven Seagal, he is an ok guy.
    Good for Steve.

I vote either Steve Seagal or Bruce Willis as ultimate action hero. Bruce Willis was supposedly going to enlist during the Iraq War, but was dissuaded due to his age (this is according to his Wikipedia page). It's nice to see some people in Hollywood who are at least willing to attempt to walk the walk.

Like with Clark Gable. After the love of his life Lombard was killed in the USO War Bond plane crash, he decided to hell with it, joined the Army Air Corp, to fly in bombers. Gable insisted on living in the barracks with the other soldiers, equal training, no special favors.

He qualified as a gunner and flew several missions before the War Dept finally persuaded him to give up his active combat and go to the USO. Apparently the Germans has a $million bounty on whomever shot down his bomber, and it was too great a risk to his crew.
    "Apparently the Germans has a $million bounty on whomever shot down his bomber, and it was too great a risk to his crew."

How would they (Germans) know what plane he was on ??? :uhm:
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    "Apparently the Germans has a $million bounty on whomever shot down his bomber, and it was too great a risk to his crew."

How would they (Germans) know what plane he was on ??? :uhm:

The never knew for sure but it was know what group he was with, and the Germans thought that eventually a photo or something similar would leak out. If not, at least they were concentrating on the correct segment. (had) :angry::angel:
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    We all know the truth about Hollywood and actors, I mean the internet and The National Enquirer are not going ot make stuff up and there is where we get all of out information regarding that...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    "We all know the truth about Hollywood and actors,"

I do not know anything about all that junk, I did however get to speak to Steven Seagal and he was pleasant enough to speak to and seemed pretty humble and down to earth.
    I was picking up a S&W 645 under warrantee at Alpine Arms and he walked in.