When guns are outlawed, then outlaws will make guns

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 25,736 Senior Member
This article from Australia is pretty interesting. Australian biker gangs are producing some pretty professionally built firearms. Food for thought, at any rate.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/04/04/australian-motorcycle-gang-diy-firearms-surface/

And here's another that is showing up 'down under'. Points for recognizing what is made from; it's .22 LR.

penhg_zpsfadc75bc.jpg
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,736 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Automatic center punch.
    How many points I get?

Get enough points, and you can be the first person(besides me) to shoot whatever new frankenfirearm I come up with for the shoot. :tooth:

Edit to add: I just saw a picture of one that was made from a semiauto nail driver gun. Stupid site wouldn't let me copy the picture. It had been converted to 9mm.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member
    You got kin down under?
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    You got kin down under?

It's possible. Lots of my family moved West after the Late Unpleasantness, and some got to California and kept going. And it's more than a little possible that some of my ancestors from Scotland and Ireland ended up as 'original settlers' in Australia.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member
    Got handy with "iron" did they? ;-)
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,255 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Lots of my family moved West after the Late Unpleasantness, and some got to California

I heard the Tennessee horse thieves stopped in Texas, and those "other" folks made it all the way to the west coast and beyond!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Got sheet metal and a welder? Got a tube .355" in diameter. You got a gun.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Obummer's Mau Mau ancestors did it with 1/2" water pipe and Brit .303 ammo!

standard.jpg

Jerry
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Some of em look pretty good........and the Vid of the home built subgun......... great.........more reliable than the 'ol gansta Tec 9 ..............
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
    Teach wrote: »
    I heard the Tennessee horse thieves stopped in Texas, and those "other" folks made it all the way to the west coast and beyond!
    Jerry

My folks were/are from the NC, TN, GA border area, and below Chattanooga. None went to Texas; they headed straight West. Some are in Oklahoma, some still in California, and I've heard that some went to Australia but don't know for sure; just know that that they left the U.S. from California. But I'd say the odds are pretty good that there are some Cockburns in Australia.

KENFU1911 wrote: »
    Some of em look pretty good........and the Vid of the home built subgun......... great.........more reliable than the 'ol gansta Tec 9 ..............

I have the dimensioned drawing sets for a few of those, and some others. And full drawing sets for Remington Hepburn actions, and Ballard actions, and AR15 and some welded lower variants, and a few other action types. Those full drawing sets are getting hard to find.

Those home built firearms prove the point that nature abhors a vacuum, and that vacuum will be filled one way or another. Which proves another adage; power is like a handful of sand; the tighter you close your fist, the more of the sand that slips through your fingers.

My Parker-Hale receiver casting collection is growing every chance I get to acquire a few more. $29.95 for a brand new, un-serialized Mauser "non-gun" is just too good to pass up!
    Jerry
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 696 Senior Member
    My folks were/are from the NC, TN, GA border area, and below Chattanooga. None went to Texas; they headed straight West. Some are in Oklahoma, some still in California, and I've heard that some went to Australia but don't know for sure; just know that that they left the U.S. from California. But I'd say the odds are pretty good that there are some Cockburns in Australia.

Funny you mention that, I have ancestors from Pendleton, South Carolina that fought for the Confederacy and who went on to Australia, where they stirred up more trouble on the goldfields.
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    Back in Scotland, My lot used to hang your lot as cattle thieves
    from The Man From Snowy River
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

My great grandfather arrived in Honey Grove, Texas from Tennessee on a horse stolen from his own family - does that count? He eventually drifted north a few miles to OK, sometime around the time of the land rush, but didn't end up with any free land, or else the bankers skinned him out of it...dang it.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    I for one am proud of them. In the Peoples Republic of Maryland last year there were multiple build parties for AK's and AR's before the ban. The AK party I hosted created over 100 rifles and hundreds of recievers. We printed pics and had them notarized so everyone would be able to prove they were pre ban. Guns are freedoms teeth and it is the duty of every Free Man to be armed. (My Wife and Daughters are handy with guns as well)
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct