Do political bumper stickers change anyones mind or

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,985 Senior Member
Just display a persons choice. I mean they probably are nothing but a waste of time except to let anyone know who is behind you in traffic who you support/voted for.

As I get older I find less and less use for them and probably won't put any more on my vehicle.

I gotta admit when I see an Obammy one on a Hybrid Obamamobile I say to myself "You Idiot"..........
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«1

Replies

  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member
    I agree Big Chief, I have never put them on one of my vehicles.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    I never used them
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,267 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - - -I remember a huge flap about a bumper sticker we put on a training sergeant's car back in USAF electronics school in 1968. Of course, it was for George Wallace- - - - -and he was a big "African-American"!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Hmmmm- - - - -I remember a huge flap about a bumper sticker we put on a training sergeant's car back in USAF electronics school in 1968. Of course, it was for George Wallace- - - - -and he was a big "African-American"!
    :devil:
    Jerry

    Or a Rainbow sticker to pull a gag on a soldier who wouldn't notice it until after the weekend and came to work mad as a hornet! :devil:

    Or honk if you are horny written on the back of a female LTs car that needed a wash.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,727 Senior Member
    In my youth I put a "skateboarding is not a crime" bumpers sticker on a police car.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    I used to have a Darwin fish alongside "Clinton doesn't inhale...HE SUCKS!" The combo probably kept a few guessing.

    I don't have anything currently in the interest of camouflage, but I figure the more clever ones will at least get out the fact that "some people" think differently than "you" do, and that, strangely is a reality that a lot of folks don't have a grasp of.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,545 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Hmmmm- - - - -I remember a huge flap about a bumper sticker we put on a training sergeant's car back in USAF electronics school in 1968. Of course, it was for George Wallace- - - - -and he was a big "African-American"!
    :devil:
    Jerry



    When I went home for Christmas a couple of years ago I was helping my folks with some paperwork and I found a genuine Wallace bumper sticker in a desk drawer. They lived in Milwaukee at the time and my mom said they were afraid to put it on the car as they didn't want it damaged.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,545 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I gotta admit when I see an Obammy one on a Hybrid Obamamobile I say to myself "You Idiot"..........



    Of course profiling is inappropriate but I frequently see Toyota priuses with obama stickers and "coexist" stickers driving slowly in the left lane.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    For the informed voter, no. It's a waste of time. But there's a segment of our society we now called the low info voter that a bumber sticker or a sign might get their attention, somebody whose mind is not made up. Someone that thinks they know the issues, such as "By God my daddy voted for Roosevelt all three times and woulda voted for him 4 but he died before he could run again".... probably not also, because if I have a Rand Paul sticker and he's a Dummycrap no way my sticker would bring him out of his blinding haze. He's got his mind made up.
    However with low info voters also with no party loyalties, a sticker or sign might sway them. These low info voters never paid attention to history and thought it boring so they never took it seriously and know not whence they came usually don't have a clue and will fall for about anything that sounds good. So make your case well and you can win some over. Of course for everyone you win over, the other side may win two. So it's better that we should better educate the masses, something the libtards just don't want to do because then they don't appeal to most educated voters.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,810 Senior Member
    Never was in to bumper stickers, except for the free ones with Holley glass pack mufflers. :tooth:
    For the entire time I worked in nuclear power it was forbidden to put political bumper stickers on your vehicle. I worked for TVA and they followed government rules, as long as it was to their advantage. :roll2:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,061 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    ........I gotta admit when I see an Obammy one on a Hybrid Obamamobile I say to myself "You Idiot"..........

    When I see one of those, my internal reaction is a bit more hostile.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    How about the ones that say stupid stuff like:

    Keep Honking While I reload
    Back Off My Bumper Before I Flip Buggers On Your Windshield
    My Kid Just Kicked Your Sissy Student Of The Month Kids Ass
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,010 Senior Member
    Whenever I see a O/B bumper sticker I get an extreme urge to rear end said vehicle with vigor!! At least the clunker buy back program got most of those bumper stickers off the road!!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,553 Senior Member
    The only bumper sticker I ever had read, "Support Mental Health or I'll Kill you!"
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,061 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Whenever I see a O/B bumper sticker I get an extreme urge to rear end said vehicle with vigor!! At least the clunker buy back program got most of those bumper stickers off the road!!
    I recently saw a 2012 Oblowhole sticker on some piece of er.... crap little crapbox, and was thinking you dumbbutt piece of, er.... crap.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    Friend of mine who's quite a character had one in small letters (So the curious driver would have to be very close to be able to read it) that plain read "Que bruta eres" or "How dumb you are" but in female person, just for the laughs. No one I know here has put one with a particular agenda ever.

    Not a fan of bumper stickers; being discrete is a virtue in the 3rld. world, specially regarding political issues. Wife did bought a pink Buck deer Browning logo sticker (She likes a lot my SA-22) at the BPS, and put it in his truck's pilot-side fender; looks cool enough to make me think about doing the same to mine with a yellow one she bought me. Fortunately almost no one here guess what it means, and for those who ask, well....gun ownership IS a political statement after all.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Bumper stickers are a no-no. They can keep you from being empaneled on a jury.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,727 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Bumper stickers are a no-no. They can keep you from being empaneled on a jury.

    So will being an intelligent individual that think for themselves, be able to fit the facts of the case into a decision of guilty or not guilty without being manipulated by a lawyer.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Bumper stickers are a no-no. They can keep you from being empaneled on a jury.

    You say this like that's a bad thing.

    Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    So will being an intelligent individual that think for themselves, be able to fit the facts of the case into a decision of guilty or not guilty without being manipulated by a lawyer.

    I don't know if you've ever been on a jury, but all the jurors I've served with have been smart, perceptive, and extremely hard working. The theatrics portrayed in movies and on television don't happen in real courtrooms. Attorneys are careful, considerate professionals who take great pains to patiently present their case. No dramatics, voices are never raised - it's all matter-of-fact.

    I've never met a juror who was in any way moved or impressed by anything but the evidence. In deliberations, every juror's notes on the testimony of each witness are all diligently reviewed and considered, and the evidentiary exhibits are examined in minute detail. Here in Arizona, after the opposing counsels complete their examination and cross-examination, the witness may then be interrogated by jurors who feel either side missed something they consider important or deserving of further clarification. It's a wonderful thing, not found nearly anywhere else. Very often, juror's questions are more probing and incisive than either counsel thought to ask.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    You say this like that's a bad thing.

    Mike

    For me, it is a bad thing. I love jury duty. If there was such a thing as a professional juror, I'd apply for the job.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,115 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    In my youth I put a "skateboarding is not a crime" bumpers sticker on a police car.
    I see so many of these around home, that I want to get "but it should be!" printed up so I could add to the original!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,115 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    How about the ones that say stupid stuff like:

    Keep Honking While I reload
    Back Off My Bumper Before I Flip Buggers On Your Windshield
    My Kid Just Kicked Your Sissy Student Of The Month Kids Ass

    Or the one on the back of the motorhome that reads: Get any closer and I'll flush it!

    I had a "Who is John Galt?" on the back of my old MBZ before it was repainted. Still have that one on my bicycle.

    One of the best I ever saw said "Don't blame me, I voted Libertarian."

    How about: "Support the Arts, Hire a Male Bellydancer!"
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,068 Senior Member
    Bumper stickers are alive and doing well because of liberals. One bumper sticker, a moderate. Two stickers, a liberal. Three stickers, a left winger. More than that, a raging left wing nut who shouldn't be driving and certainly not voting.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,052 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Bumper stickers are alive and doing well because of liberals. One bumper sticker, a moderate. Two stickers, a liberal. Three stickers, a left winger. More than that, a raging left wing nut who shouldn't be driving and certainly not voting.
    Disagree. I see several folks with multiple bumper stickers that include Romney Ryan 2012, McCain/Palin, and anti-Obama bumper stickers. And that's just the political stickers.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,052 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    If a bumper sticker changes your mind on who to vote for, we don't need you voting. For either side.
    True. Also, if a problem can be distilled down to a bumper sticker solution, it's really not much of a problem....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,553 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    For me, it is a bad thing. I love jury duty. If there was such a thing as a professional juror, I'd apply for the job.

    I don't love jury duty, but I recognize it as the best way a free person may participate in 'government' in a meaningful way. I've served on three county juries and one federal jury, and while I have generally approved of the way that both jurors and attorneys have behaved during an actual trial, I have also, more often than not, seen jurors picked for their ignorance rather than their competence. I never got picked for a jury until I passed fifty, despite being subpoenaed to serve once or twice a year for over forty years. An attorney with a guilty client (who can pay) will always try to pick the people he believes he can manipulate, either emotionally or with circular logic.

    Serving on a jury (for me) is just one of those chores that I'm willing to do, just so I can feel like it is being done right.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Have not placed a sticker of any kind on a car since 1982. And that was the logo of the local rock radio station.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,056 Senior Member
    I think my "Grass Gas or Ass: Nobody Rides for Free" bumper sticker is classy and sophisticated. But seriously, political bumper stickers? No thanks. I see enough of those "Idiot on Board" bumper stickers (Obama/Biden) as it is.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,810 Senior Member
    I think these two are rather tastefully done.

    texasbumperstickers_zpse45e2b4c.png

    Nobody-Cares-about-your-Stick-Figure-Family-Tank-font-b-car-b-font-font-b-window_zpsac24e17f.jpg

    I also have a strange sense of humor.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.