Isis is flying fighters

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 23,904 Senior Member
I bet every fighter pilot flying strikes on ISIS is hoping they come up to challenge them.

Seriously, all we need to do is get a drone over the airfield they are using and when they taxi
onto the runway for take off blow it up.

Too bad they only have 3 fighters or a drone operator could become an Ace. HOORAW
A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.

Replies

• Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Robin Olds made his rep for a plan he figured out to lure the NV pilots into battle. Hope someone comes up with an equal plan.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    So can we all agree, that no matter how we are the rest of the world views ISIS, ISIS views themselves as a Country with a Government, Economy, and Army. If we can't face that, we will never defeat them.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    Yep, actually the higher up the technological ladder they move, ironically, the easier it will be for us to kill them. We can deal with tanks, fighters, artillery, etc. Much harder to find and kill individual soldiers with rifles.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    So can we all agree, that no matter how we are the rest of the world views ISIS, ISIS views themselves as a Country with a Government, Economy, and Army. If we can't face that, we will never defeat them.

Agreed and IMHO this is a good thing. We are pretty good at defeating armies and countries. We're much worse at defeating amorphous terrorist and insurgent groups.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Yep, actually the higher up the technological ladder they move, ironically, the easier it will be for us to kill them. We can deal with tanks, fighters, artillery, etc. Much harder to find and kill individual soldiers with rifles.

Who is this WE you mention. I was pretty sure you were on the other side of this discussion not to long ago. Or, by WE do you mean us merry band of Mercs you and Mohican feel so free to speak to about with out any real intelligence on the subject.

What I really think you meant is YOU.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Them old MIGs fly so slow and maneuver so cumbersome they will have to call Ned and his buds back on duty to understand how to shoot them down with aircraft mounted Cannon and MGs................:jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    Trick that MIG 21 pilot into flying fast and just above the ground
    he will crash it himself.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,010 Senior Member
    They probably wouldn't get the gear up before being shot down!!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I bet every fighter pilot flying strikes on ISIS is hoping they come up to challenge them.

That is the dilemma. It's fine to take out an enemy aircraft while it's still on the ground - it deprives the enemy of a valuable resource that they cannot easily replace.

Better still to take it out with the trained pilot aboard, as he's someone with a transferable skill set- like transferable to crashing airliners into buildings. Only problem with them being airborne is they have the potential to do damage.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Who is this WE you mention. I was pretty sure you were on the other side of this discussion not to long ago. Or, by WE do you mean us merry band of Mercs you and Mohican feel so free to speak to about with out any real intelligence on the subject.

What I really think you meant is YOU.

This is why I rarely to never comment on sending troops into harms way. Because I know you and others like you are always lurking. And I also know I usually don't know my ass from elbow about such things.
    But I will say this, If I were POTUS and was going to send you guys into harms way then I would tell the Joint Chiefs that we are going all total war on them, like WWII, Arclight or 1000 bombers missions

And damn the PC crap. Then I'd call a joint session of congress and make my case to the American people and take the heat. I am sick to death of you guys fighting under PC rules of engagement that cost precious American lives.

End of rant.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    But ya know Razor, there is difference between making comments about send troops to war and pontificating from a high horse on what you think about troops and the wars they have fought. There is a difference between talking out of your butt on something you know nothing about to some one that has lived the life and making a comment here or there. There is difference in being on one side of a discussion because it is your party line and then switching your story as the media tells you too and saying things you genuinely believe
    I'm in it/was in it fer the teats and beer :jester:

As CM knows , when they have a meeting of senior NCOs/Officers or the Cdr takes over the unit formation and says come closer men, gather around me and says "We are about to make history men......" duck because it's coming at you fast! :fan::fan:

Go home (if they let you) and kiss the wife/kids/dog/cats goodbye cause you ain't gonna see them fer awhile.

Other than that, I support our Warfighters 100% :usa::usa::usa::usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    NNs early days in the backseat as a Weapons Officer/Gunner or I should say Front Gunner, being a good shot, he moved up or back later on :jester:

[IMG][/img]NNMG_zps13107211.jpg
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ........ We are pretty good at defeating armies and countries.

This may queer your pitch some but this has been happening where? :uhm:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    NNs early days in the backseat as a Weapons Officer/Gunner or I should say Front Gunner, being a good shot, he moved up or back later on :jester:

[11.jpg[/IMG]

Well, I did move from the back to the right front; then, later had my choice of the 2 back seats or the right front again.
    I preferred the right front for carrier ops.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Agreed and IMHO this is a good thing. We are pretty good at defeating armies and countries. We're much worse at defeating amorphous terrorist and insurgent groups.
    Yeah, because we advertise our every move. We've gotten so predictable they know our every move literally before we come up with a plan.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    This may queer your pitch some but this has been happening where? :uhm:

It's a delusion. Delusions don't make sense.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 37 Member
    It only takes one ISIS fighter with Ebola to vomit all over the place in a white house tourist tour ..... on some $5,00 worth of tropical punch .....

how many congressmen are needed to charge a light bulb ?, one supervisor , one holding the bulb , one holding the ladder,
    one managing the lazy Susan in order to rotate the ladder & the other 2 men in it , and one screw expert to supervise witch way to to twist in on or off the socket . ! , that is why a bulb cost $20,000 to change .... and if its broken , the decontamination team needs to be called in , another $500,000 added to the bill .... do you think they can manage a contagion 5 level event ? (don't count on it) as there are only 19 beds for contagion 4 event ,NONE for level 5 !!!!!
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Isis flying fighters? Sounds like live practice for our pilots. We can see how Allah does with a sidewinder! A pilot with a Go-Pro on U-tube and we can all share. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    MIG 21 vs F-104. Even at my advanced age I could give it a go. No missiles, just
    20MM vs 30MM, the old fashion way.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I thought that Whitehouse tours were suspended unless you jump the fence. :fiddle: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.