School Shooting in Marysville, WA

bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior MemberPosts: 2,465 Senior Member
This is still breaking as I'm posting this, so facts are thin. I do know that there were 4 kids taken to local hospitals, 2 girls, 2 boys. 3 are critical with wounds to the head, the fourth was transported to another local hospital, apparently with a wound to the jaw. A fifth victim apparently died at the scene.
Perpetrator opened fire in the cafeteria during first lunch, about 10:40 am, and killed himself after.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2014/10/24/marysville-pilchuck-high-school/17839189/

I'm praying that the casualty count stays at two. :angel2:
Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
«1

Replies

  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Diamonds to donuts the shooter is another looney lefty
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,058 Senior Member
    Shooter was a 14 year old Native American.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Shooter was a 14 year old Native American.

    Also, the media won't be able to claim victim status for him. He was apparently pretty popular at school, wasn't bullied, was on homecoming court and played football. Of course, being native they still might be able to pull it out...:roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Shooter was a 14 year old Native American.

    If born in America, are you not all ' Native American '? :uhm:

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,058 Senior Member
    And I think the girl he killed was a Native, and just about everyone else at the table. I believe she broke up with him lately.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,058 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    If born in America, are you not all ' Native American '? :uhm:

    Not necessarily. Code word for American Indian. African American: code word for Negro. Mexican-American, and so forth and so on.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,571 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    And I think the girl he killed was a Native, and just about everyone else at the table. I believe she broke up with him lately.

    Two of the victims were his cousins.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,571 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Also, the media won't be able to claim victim status for him. He was apparently pretty popular at school, wasn't bullied, was on homecoming court and played football. Of course, being native they still might be able to pull it out...:roll:

    It only took a few hours!
    Some reports said he had been suspended from the football team, possibly because of a fight with a fellow player, and had been bullied, possibly over his Native American heritage. Marysville-Pilchuck has a number of students from the Tulalip tribe.



    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/washington-shooting-police-investigate-love-triangle-claims/ar-BBb6vjA
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    Well, there you go. I underestimated their ability to hold up the 'misunderstood, bullied outcast' murderer as a victim. I stand corrected.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Why do these kids do this stuff? Killing teachers and other students never crossed my mind back in school. We used to pick up one JHS teacher's little sports car because the wheels would turn in, MG?. Then put it back right for her. Toilet paper a few yards fer Halloween, about it.

    Crazy world these days.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    There are lots of 'whys'. The problem we have these days is that, back when, we used to find reasons to not do these things. Did folks think about things like that? I suppose...but mostly it was just thinking. A little mind movie, a little imaginary revenge, whatever. Then it was time to move on. Folks don't seem to understand how to move on these days. Everybody has to be a victim. Everybody has to be aggrieved.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    I think electronic media like the Internet-violent games/Tweets-twitter/Facebook/I-Phones/Pads all play a big role in a lot of it recently. That and the traditional family units/nuclear family values are not there as much as they were.

    Their brains can't separate fiction/fantasy from reality and an ugly post is out there for the whole world to see, not just scribbled on the school bathroom stall. Drives them crazy and in their teenage minds it could mean the end of their world.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Code word for American Indian. African American: code word for Negro. Mexican-American, and so forth and so on.

    Is European American the code word for Ordinary American?


    Big Chief wrote: »
    Why do these kids do this stuff?.......

    I thought it was all down to your rampant gun culture? :confused:

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    I thought it was all down to your rampant gun culture? :confused:

    I had access to guns as many of my generation did....thought never crossed my mind to use one to hurt somebody.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    I disagree. Those things might be a factor, tipping the scale further, but I don't think they are the cause anymore than having a gun in the house is a cause for violence. Folks (not just kids, remember the last few of these were adults) who do this are not right, plain and simple. I'm not convinced that it's happening more often, at least not on a per capita basis. Most of the studies I've seen quoted were done from a anti-gun standpoint, trying to give reasons to ban guns or back another anti-gun law. As such, they are worthless to me. I don't believe for one second that these folks can't separate reality from fantasy. The way they set up their attacks tells me different. In their mind, they are righting wrongs or getting even, which is basically the same thing.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Mass school or any school shooing just weren't prevalent when I was growing up.

    Going postal/Mickey Ds shooting were not either. Sure there was the infamous Texas tower shooting, but nothing like we have seen these days.

    No I don't blame a gun in the house because we (my generation) had them too, in almost all my friends houses, at that too. So what is it? Lack of Christian upbringings, simply being taught right from wrong, no father figure around, hours on the computer instead of family time, parents not paying any or enough attention to their kids?

    I would say books, but kids don't read like they used to, maybe in small instances they read something, but probably on the computer that would make them go nutty.

    Drugs? Hollywood? Our country's....moral fabric coming apart?

    Me or X Generation, music or drugs????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I had access to guns as many of my generation did....thought never crossed my mind to use one to hurt somebody.


    I was being just a tad ironic there mate, sorry about that.


    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I disagree. Those things might be a factor, tipping the scale further, but I don't think they are the cause anymore than having a gun in the house is a cause for violence. Folks (not just kids, remember the last few of these were adults) who do this are not right, plain and simple. I'm not convinced that it's happening more often, at least not on a per capita basis. Most of the studies I've seen quoted were done from a anti-gun standpoint, trying to give reasons to ban guns or back another anti-gun law. As such, they are worthless to me. I don't believe for one second that these folks can't separate reality from fantasy. The way they set up their attacks tells me different. In their mind, they are righting wrongs or getting even, which is basically the same thing.


    It seems to me it is all part of the ‘done wrong to Me' culture.

    It is always somebody’s fault but not mine and I will not be seen to be slighted on twitter or…….. you name it.

    It reminds me of duelling to uphold your honour but only one person is armed and is aware of the contest.

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    They are even punishing kids for scoring too many points in a football game here in the states in some places. It seems it is mean to win by too much!

    Every kid is a winner/star according to them. Competition is a bad thing. How crazy is that. Talk about being unprepared to face the real world. The Big Bad Wolf is waiting, you just gotta learn how to face him and deal with it in life.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    I was being just a tad ironic there mate, sorry about that.

    Yes, I know. Many do say that and actually believe there wouldn't be bad things in the world if all guns were outlawed.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,786 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Mass school or any school shooing just weren't prevalent when I was growing up.

    Going postal/Mickey Ds shooting were not either. Sure there was the infamous Texas tower shooting, but nothing like we have seen these days.

    BC, our generation was too busy playing cowboys and Indians, and later on, messin' with old cars and having a good time working to make money to buy parts for them old death traps. We kept busy, played sports, and generally had a bunch of real friends that we did things with, and not on a computer/smart phone screen. We actually interacted with real breathing human beings.

    No I don't blame a gun in the house because we (my generation) had them too, in almost all my friends houses, at that too. So what is it? Lack of Christian upbringings, simply being taught right from wrong, no father figure around, hours on the computer instead of family time, parents not paying any or enough attention to their kids?

    Firearms in homes was no big deal back then. And kids were taught to keep their paws off them, and got their britches dusted if they didn't listen. Getting tuned up with a switch or belt once kind of had a way of sticking in your mind. And, for the majority, there were two parents in the home. And you had chores to do, and when school was in session, they made sure you were keeping up and doing your homework. There was real punishment for slacking off and letting grades slide. And being taught right from wrong was taught at home and at school.

    There would be an occasional fist fight at school or away from school, but it never crossed our minds to kill the other person. The contestants in the fight settled their differences, and in some cases became friends. Imagine that! :tooth:


    I would say books, but kids don't read like they used to, maybe in small instances they read something, but probably on the computer that would make them go nutty.

    I asked a high school junior today at the barber shop (I was way past due getting a head skinnin') what their reading list was for this year and senior year. THEY DON'T HAVE ONE! When I was in HS we had a reading list every year, and book reports to do on them. Times sure have changed.

    Drugs? Hollywood? Our country's....moral fabric coming apart?

    Me or X Generation, music or drugs????

    And one more thing about our generation. From the time we were in maybe 4th or 5th grade until the end of high school the Viet Nam war was going on full blast, and we were seeing that stuff on the news every night. And by junior year in HS we were seriously looking at the prospect of getting drafted. And going to way too many funerals of older friends that came back in a box from over there. We had stuff WAY more serious to think about than some stupid teenage girl giving us the air. And, anyway, there were plenty of girls, so you just didn't give a rat's nasty annulus if one dropped you. Just like a bus, the next one would be along shortly.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,057 Senior Member
    Shooting people because someone "dissed" you is all too common these days. The internet and texting converts people into distant objects you can rant at anytime you feel like it, rather than respecting them as people. No more face-to-face human interaction on a daily basis. I think this goes to lack of maturity, lack of empathy, lack of morality, lack of understanding the consequences of your actions, and the self-absorbed, narcissistic generation.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,571 Senior Member
    I think Mike hit the hail on the head. Kids (in general) are not busy. I'm not blaming the media, but they watch TV, the web, phones, and play video games. Parents are so concerned with the little snowflake getting his feelings or body hurt, kids just stay home with idle minds and grow fat asses. Nearly every soccer season, I'll see a kid get hurt and the mother runs onto the field. Half the time, we never see that kid again.

    Today's parents do not encourage hobbies or other creative outlets. Both parents work and the kids have a lot of down time. Parents are no longer "in tune" with their kids. They get home from work, snarf down some dinner, and flip on the TV. The kids are holed up in their rooms staring at at least one screen.

    Most of the G&A members are outdoors-types and we encourage our kids to be the same. This is not the case with the vast majority of Americans. I have a 20 year old that still calls if he is going to be late for dinner. Most of his tardiness since he was 16 (depending on time of year) is "I'm still fishing, still hunting, or still trapping." He comes home sober and filthy. Do kids even get dirty anymore?
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Code word for American Indian. African American: code word for Negro. Mexican-American, and so forth and so on.
    Anyone born in North, Central, and, South America is a Native American. The "Code Word Native Americans" I know prefer "Code Word" Indian or American Indian. One in particular was an Army brat and was born in Okinawa. He states that he is an American citizen but definitely not a Native American!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Why do these kids do this stuff? Killing teachers and other students never crossed my mind back in school. We used to pick up one JHS teacher's little sports car because the wheels would turn in, MG?. Then put it back right for her. Toilet paper a few yards fer Halloween, about it.

    Crazy world these days.
    Not an MG. Probably a Triumph Spitfire with swing axels.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I had access to guns as many of my generation did....thought never crossed my mind to use one to hurt somebody.
    Never crossed mine or apparently anyone else. Town of about 7,000 population. When I left at age 18 there had not been a single murder by any means.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    OMG!! LOOK AT HOW BIG AND BAD THE WORLD HAS GOTTEN!! Blame the video games! Blame the parents! They didn't have enough Jesus! They had too much Jesus! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

    Yeah. . .whatever.:roll:

    We're wired by nature to compete with each other for access to food, shelter, status, and sex, just like any other critter much more complex than a cockroach. That's been the game for millions of years, and will likely be the game for millions more. Sometimes the game gets rough.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    OMG!! LOOK AT HOW BIG AND BAD THE WORLD HAS GOTTEN!! Blame the video games! Blame the parents! They didn't have enough Jesus! They had too much Jesus! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

    Yeah. . .whatever.:roll:

    We're wired by nature to compete with each other for access to food, shelter, status, and sex, just like any other critter much more complex than a cockroach. That's been the game for millions of years, and will likely be the game for millions more. Sometimes the game gets rough.


    That being the case, why isn't there WAY more 'competition'? There should be shootings every day and stabbings twice a day with beatings happening every minute or so.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Not an MG. Probably a Triumph Spitfire with swing axels.

    One of them little imported buggers, anyhow. I would say it was just yesterday, dang there is a whole lot of yesterdays and my memory is well...getting old as I am!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Bigslug, I'll have to navigate over to Infowars to get you an answer :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Many of my schoolmates and I used to carry knives to school daily. I never saw or even heard of someone pulling one in a fight. Lots of fist fights happened. Some were for show and others serious. In Intermediate school, teachers carried walkie talkes to call the office for police instead of stopping fights because one teacher went in a bathroom to stop a fight and got beat up by the two combatants. I guess we weren't tactical enough to use weapons during that time.

    I blame evolution. Or maybe it's climate change.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.