Civil Asset Forfiture

123457»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The IRS Seized $107,000 From This North Carolina Man’s Bank Account. Now, He’s Fighting to Get It Back.

This has been on the news too..................

http://dailysignal.com/2015/05/11/the-irs-seized-107000-from-this-north-carolina-mans-bank-account-now-hes-fighting-to-get-it-back/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,294 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    The IRS Seized $107,000 From This North Carolina Man’s Bank Account. Now, He’s Fighting to Get It Back.

This has been on the news too..................

http://dailysignal.com/2015/05/11/the-irs-seized-107000-from-this-north-carolina-mans-bank-account-now-hes-fighting-to-get-it-back/

Hope he gets his money back.

No matter what, it's nothing more than legalized armed robbery. And if there was justice instead of law, the ones doing it would be charged with aggravated felony armed robbery when they eventually lose the case. Might make them do a little of that investigation thingy before they just steal with the blessing of the government. I don't normally wish bad luck on others, but I dearly wish anyone engaged in this civil asset forfeiture practice be plagued with cluster swarm kidney stones for the rest of their life, monthly.

Too bad the law isn't written that the government goon squad in charge doesn't have to put up a cash bond 10X the amount seized, and if the gooberment goons lose in court, the cash bond AND money seized would go to the owner of the cash, along with all court costs and attorney fees. That way, someone whose cash is seized could hire the absolute BEST attorney available and not have to worry about the cost when they win.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I don't normally wish bad luck on others, but I dearly wish anyone engaged in this civil asset forfeiture practice be plagued with cluster swarm kidney stones for the rest of their life, monthly.
    :that:
    It is unpatriotic to use a bad law as an excuse to violate the Constitution.

4th Amendment
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Summary seizure of money and goods is in clear violation of the amendment. To argue otherwise is just sad. If the goods are seized after a righteous conviction all is well. Those that engage in this are nothing more than worthless thieves.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I dearly wish anyone engaged in this civil asset forfeiture practice be plagued with cluster swarm kidney stones for the rest of their life, monthly.

They also need to be infested with a raging case of Southeast Asia crotch crickets!
    :yikes:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    In most of these cases, it's fairly easy to prove where the money came from but justice isn't the governments concern here. They found a loophole that allows them to steal from the citizens. In the case of the grocery store owner in North Carolina, I'm sure that his register receipts could easily prove where the money came from but the government doesn't care. The law says that they can steal his money so they're doing it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Teach wrote: »
    They also need to be infested with a raging case of Southeast Asia crotch crickets!
    :yikes:
    Jerry

:rotflmao::spittingcoffee:

Someone had written on a latrine wall:

Do not throw matchsticks in urinals, these crabs can Pole-vault :yikes:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Well good. Now to fix this issue fer good!

Feds to return $107G they seized from NC business owner, attorneys say

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/15/attorneys-feds-will-give-nc-man-his-seized-107gs-back/?intcmp=latestnews
    Every anal dingleberry in the government that had anything to do with this should be lined up against a brick wall facing the wall, and the store owner given a 5 foot boat paddle. The store owner should then use the boat paddle to give them however many licks on their butts as he feels proper, after the 50 swat minimum sentence. Extra boat paddles to be provided at IRS expense to cover any inevitable breakage. Since it's illegal to shoot them, seems fair that they should have to eat standing up and sleeping on their stomachs for a couple of months. I'm a firm believer in aversion therapy.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Bare butts and rock salt from a 12 gauge at 30 yards would be a better idea!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    Bare butts and rock salt from a 12 gauge at 30 yards would be a better idea!
    Jerry

With the boat paddle it's up close and personal. You can hear them howl more better with every swing! :up:

Mississippi city’s $4.1 million police station funded by civil forfeiture

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/18/mississippi-citys-41-million-police-station-funded-by-civil-forfeiture/?intcmp=latestnews

"The Mississippi city of Richland has a new $4.1 million police station, a top-level training center and a fleet of black-and-white Dodge Charger police cars.

All of it was paid for through civil forfeitures of property and cash seized during traffic stops of what police say were suspected drug runners on Interstate 20.

Civil libertarians question the constitutionality of civil forfeiture, which has become a key part of revenue for state and local law enforcement agencies nationwide. Under the laws of many states, citizens can be deprived of their property or even cash if police merely suspect the owners to be involved in criminal activity.

Mayor Mark Scarborough and police chief WR “Russel” James of Richland — population 7,03and located south of Jackson on I-20 in Rankin County — say they’re not only giving city taxpayers a bargain, but they’re also helping do their part to stem the heavy drug trade that travels between Texas and Atlanta on I-20, which eventually trickles down to smaller cities like theirs.

Lee McGrath, legislative counsel for the libertarian Institute for Justice, said the tide is turning on civil forfeiture in the nation.

Click here for more from Watchdog.org. "