Anyone interested in a pig hunt Nov 22, 2014?

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,788 Senior Member
I am going on a pig hunt, Nov 22, 2014, south of Orlando, north of Okeechobee, and I have openings for four more hunters.

Anyone interested in details, please contact me.

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,825 Senior Member
    Is Tannerite involved in any way?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    You should do well anywhere in that area. Used to manage the timber and wildlife on a big ranch down below Kenansville close to where you are talking about, and the whole place was totally infested with feral hogs.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    What caliber you gonna take to bust a porker?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    This year I am taking my .243 and 45-70, plus a 30-06 and a 30-30 for loaners.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Is Tannerite involved in any way?

No... at least it isn't in the CURRENT plan.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Sure wish I wasnt having out of town company
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »

Turn off the lights and pretend you ain't home! Especially if it is your MIL or other Outlaws :devil: :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Diver43 wrote: »

Bring them!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,581 Senior Member
    SounDS like fun! I'll be doing some hunting myself this weekend in south Texas, our opening weekend of hunting season.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    SounDS like fun! I'll be doing some hunting myself this weekend in south Texas, our opening weekend of hunting season.

Yep me too. I finally went out to the lease today for the first time in 3 months. It was a shambles and I need some more camo netting or maybe some tow sacks and wire ties. Also the pvc my blind is constructed of is coming apart and needs some gluing which I'm going to take care of tomorrow. My old suburban broke down out a the far end of the lease where I hunt. I shut it off to set up a feeder and fill it with corn and also fix my blind and when I went to leave it wouldn't start. Not a bit of fire. But i don't think it's getting any gas to the throttle body injector. I think the gas gauge went south on it and it ran out of gas when I shut it off. I didn't have enough tools with me to check it out so I called my wife and told her to come get me. In my infinite wisdom I didn't dummy lock the main gate when I came in. I usually do that, that way she could have just drove in. But I went anal and locked the damn gate and we only have one key to the place and it was with me more than two miles back inside the gate. To make matters worse, there's no phone signal back there in the river bottom. So I had to walk about a quarter mile to get a phone signal. When I got where my signal was showing, I called Fe and told her where I was. Then I called Mark K, one of the guys that sub leases my part to me and ask him if he could come unlock the gate so my wife could come in and get me. He was working just up the road on a another farm and he drove right by the gate. Fe said when she got there Mark was just pulling up. So he unlocked the gate and let her in. I was never so happy to see headlights approaching in the dark. I had walked about a mile already and I was getting tired because of all the junk I was carrying. Another reason I was very happy was because when I was driving in I saw a nice 4 foot rattler crawling across the road, and knowing he might still be in the neighborhood I wasn't relishing the thought of walking all the way to the gate. When Fe picked me up I still had about a mile and a half to go to reach the gate.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    This guy. PMing you
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
    Your in box is full, but like I said I'm in. Are FL pigs small enough to use a tough .223 bullet on? I'm thinking 60gr Partitions or 64gr Fusions.
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    Dan, please clear your PM inbox. It's possible I'll be in Florida on business for a few days around that time.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,717 Senior Member
    Your in box is full, but like I said I'm in. Are FL pigs small enough to use a tough .223 bullet on? I'm thinking 60gr Partitions or 64gr Fusions.

Try both and post pictures please:up:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Cleared my inbox.

A friend of mine used a .223 on our last pig hunt and the animal just ran away. Placement is key. I have a 30-30 I could loan out.

D
    Jerry and Matt you have IM's

D
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    Better try again- - - - -nothing in the inbox!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Sent again.

D
    Replied.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,158 Senior Member
    I'm in.

PM inbound.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member

I don't know about Florida hogs but a well placed .223 bullet should kill about any hog walking. The use them around here extensively and kill loads of hogs with everything from .223 ARs to .223 Bolt guns of all brands and styles like that would make a difference. Go for it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Man I just got back from a few months down there. Of course all I had with me was my LCP.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    PM inbound
    Did my "snail mail" arrive? Counting the days!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    I would not hesitate to take a head shot or even a broadside with my .223 loaded with 70 gr. Barnes Triple Shocks, as long as there were no twigs in the way, such as from a fixed blind. If freehand shooting was required on moving targets, though, I would probably want something stronger.
    41magnut wrote: »
    Did my "snail mail" arrive? Counting the days!

Gotcha.. We are all set for the 22nd