Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

I had a strange thought

justin10mmjustin10mm Senior MemberPosts: 688 Senior Member
I'm not really religious but I have seen the various apocalypse themed shows on the history channel and heard the rumors about how the world is supposed to end in December 2012 and how Obama could be the anti christ and about the supposed signs of the "end times", yada, yada, yada.
I have a crude understanding of the concept.

So I hear about Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan, and think to myself, what if that number was flipped?

You'd get 6-6-6, the number of the beast.

Just thought that was kind of weird and sort of ominous.

But maybe I just have to much free time on my hands.

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,503 Senior Member
    My simple response, to what you posted, "Don't sweat it."
    Seriously, I wouldn't worry about what happens in the world (I do not buy into fear mongering or the views above).
    A more important question for people is, What kind of relationship do I have with the Creator of the world?"
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,661 Senior Member
    Seriously, I wouldn't worry about what happens in the world (I do not buy into fear mongering or the views above).
    A more important question for people is, What kind of relationship do I have with the Creator of the world?"

Yep:that:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,267 Senior Member
    I really have to wonder why people throughout the ages get so worked up about the end of the world. I'm a lot more concerned with the end of ME.

I mean, we're all going to die at some point. If I was immortal, I'd be darn concerned about the possibility of the planet blowing up under me, but since I'm not, I don't see much difference between dying before the world or with the world.

Besides, we're all gun-nut/survivalist/hunter types here. As Buffy the Vampire Slayer so aptly put it: "It's not like it's the end of the world. . . . . .which is too bad, because I'm REALLY good at that".:jester:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Folks have been preaching doomsday for as long as the humans have been on the planet. The bible says not even the angels in Heaven know the time of day. Its God's decesion and his alone...but God's patience has to been wearing thin with us humans I would think. Zager and Evans did the song "In the year 2525"
    Re: I had a strange thought

I will agree with what Ernie bishop has said.
    Re: I had a strange thought
    I really have to wonder why people throughout the ages get so worked up about the end of the world. I'm a lot more concerned with the end of ME.

I mean, we're all going to die at some point. If I was immortal, I'd be darn concerned about the possibility of the planet blowing up under me, but since I'm not, I don't see much difference between dying before the world or with the world.

Besides, we're all gun-nut/survivalist/hunter types here. As Buffy the Vampire Slayer so aptly put it: "It's not like it's the end of the world. . . . . .which is too bad, because I'm REALLY good at that

I will agree with BigSlug too!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member
    For me, it's simple. I don't waste my time worrying about things over which I have no control. That's time I could use either building guns, thinking about building guns, or scouting out places that might have something interesting in the way of guns. I'll worry about me, and the world can paddle its own canoe.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »

Besides, we're all gun-nut/survivalist/hunter types here. As Buffy the Vampire Slayer so aptly put it: "It's not like it's the end of the world. . . . . .which is too bad, because I'm REALLY good at that".:jester:

I've got rifles, shotguns, handguns, ammunition, sustenance, and a basic knowledge of how to get more of each.

The apocalypse, bring that $#!%.

:tooth:
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    I've got rifles, shotguns, handguns, ammunition, sustenance, and a basic knowledge of how to get more of each.

The apocalypse, bring that $#!%.

:tooth:
    Hahahahahaha, lmao.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    justin10mm wrote: »
    I'm not really religious but I have seen the various apocalypse themed shows on the history channel and heard the rumors about how the world is supposed to end in December 2012 and how Obama could be the anti christ and about the supposed signs of the "end times", yada, yada, yada.

So I hear about Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan, and think to myself, what if that number was flipped?

One of the other candidates said the same thing about 999 upside down being 666, it was on the news yesterday. We heard about the same that Obama is the Anti-Christ before he got elected, well that was wrong, he would screw that up if he was, anyhow.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Since there will be nothing we can do to prevent it, we might as well party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Well, when the Four Horsemen show up, I'll see how many I can knock out of the saddle!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Well, when the Four Horsemen show up, I'll see how many I can knock out of the saddle!
    Jerry

If they show up here riding in line, I'll take them all out with one shot with a 750 gr. A-Max. :beer:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    You ever read exactly who is leading the four horsemen of the Apocalypse ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    You ever read exactly who is leading the four horsemen of the Apocalypse ?
    Yes sir.... Jesus
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Yes sir.... Jesus

Whoa...I've read Revelations a bit...as I recall, the" Lamb of God/Lion of Judah" (interpreted to be Jesus Christ) is the one who opens the first four seals, summoning the four horsemen, don't recall that he was riding with that nefarious gang...Wouldn't that make them the Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Now I may be wrong, but as I recall, I believe he is the white horseman, no??? Dont make me brushup on my reading. I know that the angels are responsible for the pouring out of the plagues. But yes, the slain lamb (Jesus,) is the only one worthy to open the scroll.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    " I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."

— Revelation 6:1-2˄ NIV
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I always assumed that was Jesus. Perhaps I am wrong. But isn't Jesus supposed to be sent out to defeat Satan in the land of Maggetto (sp?) And thats why he carries a bow and quiver, to wage war on Satan and make peace forever??? I may need to touch up on scripture.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    " I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."

— Revelation 6:1-2˄ NIV

Hey guys, Jesus always wins, he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Now lets get back to our every day lives and live them as best we can trusting in the fact that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, who holds the keys to life and death. I just ain't worried.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."

So the moral to the story is to shoot that one first?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Conquest, War, Famine, and Death- - - - -the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Pretty good targets, I think!
    Jerry
    Hey guys, Jesus always wins, he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Now lets get back to our every day lives and live them as best we can trusting in the fact that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, who holds the keys to life and death. I just ain't worried.
    Amen. I agree. Just trying to figure out if I have interpreted revelation correctly all these years. And God Bless in your faith brother.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Conquest, War, Famine, and Death- - - - -the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Pretty good targets, I think!
    Jerry

Not if God sent them and he does, so you shooting them will not be successful at all, I put my money on the four horsemen. :beer:
    Jerry

I don't know about the target thing, but look around today and one will see "Conquest, War, Famine, and Death." Four horsemen of the apocalypse notwithstanding, at the moment.
    Since there will be nothing we can do to prevent it, we might as well party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

In the year 2525:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-XAyBDWdw
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    justin10mm wrote: »

I know all this can make us all think some strange stuff. But I really like Herman Cain's stand on tax reform. And those 9s aren't going to be flipped if he gets elected. I've been waiting for somebody with balls to do this since Steve Forbes tried it. I think this time it could work. Another thing I would like if Cain were elected. I could look these Dummycrats in the face and tell them "Yeah I voted for Cain and this should be all the evidence I need to show you that the reason I didn't vote for Obama had nothing to do with his race, it was his politics. I'd love to see em come up with an answer to that!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

Amen Ernie, that's the important question. All the rest is academic.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • flamesBflamesB New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm not concerned with the age. I'm concern with the health and how people live their life. I'm pretty much concern about my life and my special someone. :)
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    Ernie your right of course, but, older people accept that view faster and better than the young.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Bring it on man! I want to get my second career going as regional War Lord (the region being Alaska to Mexico) :tooth:

I wanna get in on this........lets include the Caribbean. :up:
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    Could I be an underboss, please? I will make sure Oklahoma is run properly and you are paid fitting tribute OH WISE WambliSka
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13