Marine Finally Released From Mexican Prison

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 15,053 Senior Member
About time. Welcome back to the USA Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi!

https://gma.yahoo.com/mexican-judge-orders-us-marine-reservist-released-002900463--abc-news-topstories.html

Now we need to get Amir Hekmati back home from Iran...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Mirza_Hekmati

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,102 Senior Member
    About bloody time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    About time. Welcome back to the USA Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi!

https://gma.yahoo.com/mexican-judge-orders-us-marine-reservist-released-002900463--abc-news-topstories.html

Now we need to get Amir Hekmati back home from Iran...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Mirza_Hekmati

Yeah, it's about time, actually way passed time. But I bet the Regime offered the Mexican government all kinds of perks to make it happen. Note that it's almost on the very eve of the election. Dems don't miss a trick. They use every opportunity to gain a vote, Ethics be damned.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's about time, actually way passed time. But I bet the Regime offered the Mexican government all kinds of perks to make it happen. Note that it's almost on the very eve of the election. Dems don't miss a trick. They use every opportunity to gain a vote, Ethics be damned.

Good point. Now just watch this weekend... there will be a story planted on how Obama or whomever personally intervened to get him released and make the Obama regime a hero (or that's how the press will slavishly play it).

Still, regardless of how or why, it's damn good that he's home!

ps. I hate Mexico.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    This is great good news and Obama can claim he swooped in on golf cart one to personally rescue him. I don't care, This guy is finally coming home. A pox on the Whitehouse of course, but the ordeal is over
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    Republican or Democrat-- it is their freaking job to get American citizens* back home. Party shouldn't have anything to do with it. Get their asses back home!

*= Those idiots in North Korea can rot there for all I care.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Long over do..........the Mexican Gubment is lucky someone like Me ain't the POTUS...........
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,263 Senior Member
    Once he's safely back on our side of the border- - - - -isn't it time to occupy about 50 miles of that cesspool south of the Rio Grande? Build the fences down that way, and plant land mines from there to the border!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Once he's safely back on our side of the border- - - - -isn't it time to occupy about 50 miles of that cesspool south of the Rio Grande? Build the fences down that way, and plant land mines from there to the border!
    Jerry

Now Jerry......that would be considered very rude...........like not eating all the food on your plate.............why stop at 50 miles?????????????................I hear there's some great fishing and hunting down there...........
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
    Jerry

Yeah, I like that! Call it a Militarized Zone and welcome those south of it to come play hop scotch through our mine field. I bet that would put a damper on Illegals coming across!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Glad he is home but he is dumber than a rock. Once he realized he couldn't turn around he should have parked the vehicle and walked away while he was still in the US.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    I just imagine there are a few leftover River Rats from the Mekong delta (anybody but John Kerry!) who would be willing to patrol the Rio Grande. Nothing like a Ma Deuce or two on a shallow-draft boat to make crossing the river interesting!
    Jerry
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    Now Jerry......that would be considered very rude...........like not eating all the food on your plate.............why stop at 50 miles?????????????................I hear there's some great fishing and hunting down there...........

Now Ken, watch what you say here, we don't want to be accused of being Imperialists now do we?

....................................:nono:................:silly:...............:rotflmao:........................
    Jerry

Works for me but I'd settle for a mile of flat, no cover ground of free fire zone courtesy of combat engineers. Drones, Hellfires, sharks with fricken laserbeams, just whatever.
    Have you ever watched Border wars. The resources and man power used to arrest those crossing the river only to send them back to try again.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    I'm glad he is released. Why they would trade captured terrorist and bend over backwards to get that soldier home who may have been a deserter and not hardly lifted a finger for the Marine is beyond me.

Because guns were involved?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,571 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Because guns were involved?

Because felony possession of a gun was involved.

He was committing a felony in California by possessing an unregistered AR-15. That makes him a criminal on both sides of the border. California is considering prosecuting him now that he's released from Mexico.

I don't agree with this, but it is factual.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,726 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Because felony possession of a gun was involved.

He was committing a felony in California by possessing an unregistered AR-15. That makes him a criminal on both sides of the border. California is considering prosecuting him now that he's released from Mexico.

I don't agree with this, but it is factual.

Not disagreeing with you, but back to BC's post, it is interesting that walking off your post is acceptable, but a Marine with an AR not on the "list" gets you an extended stay in a Mexican prison.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    ...it is interesting that walking off your post is acceptable, but a Marine with an AR not on the "list" gets you an extended stay in a Mexican prison.

Who knows what motivates this administration? Maybe Obama was pissed because only Holder is allowed to smuggle guns into Mexico.

He was driving around California (of all places) with an EBR in his car.

If he'd been caught in California with the AR-15, we would have never heard of him. He'd been arrested, prosecuted, and likely discharged from the Marines. That still might happen.

Ayn Rand
    If he is North of the border and has an otherwise clean record, I wish a Marine General would pick him up and tell Gov. Moonbeam if he wants him to make an appointment at eighth and eye and pack a lunch.
    If he is North of the border and has an otherwise clean record, I wish a Marine General would pick him up and tell Gov. Moonbeam if he wants him to make an appointment at eighth and eye and pack a lunch.

I agree with you in theory, but enlisted men and women are still required to follow the laws of the states they are in, just like the rest of us.

I sure as hell don't want to be arrested for simply possessing an item that is perfectly legal in Idaho because of a line in the dirt. This is something I am very familiar with. I live in Idaho and work in Washington. I drive across the border five days a week. On the flip side of this, Idaho police are targeting Washingtonians for weed possession since legalization. This nonsense makes me reconsider my stance on Federalism.

Ayn Rand
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I agree with you in theory, but enlisted men and women are still required to follow the laws of the states they are in, just like the rest of us.

I sure as hell don't want to be arrested for simply possessing an item that is perfectly legal in Idaho because of a line in the dirt. This is something I am very familiar with. I live in Idaho and work in Washington. I drive across the border five days a week. On the flip side of this, Idaho police are targeting Washingtonians for weed possession since legalization. This nonsense makes me reconsider my stance on Federalism.

If someone is stupid enough to get budsted like that for illegal possession of marijuana, good , arrested development etc.... like drunk driving, stupid.

Anyone watch McHale's Navy ? Don't expect today's Military brass to help soldiers jammed up in firearms beefs. Bunch of Binginhams (sp?)
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    If someone is stupid enough to get budsted like that for illegal possession of marijuana, good ,

Let me get this straight...getting busted for illegal possession of weed is the act of a stupid person, but driving around California with a loaded AR-15 (and crossing an international border) is the act of a misunderstood genius that should warrant military intervention?

Geez...

Ayn Rand
    Let me get this straight...getting busted for illegal possession of weed is the act of a stupid person, but driving around California with a loaded AR-15 (and crossing an international border) is the act of a misunderstood genius that should warrant military intervention?

Geez...

:roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2:

I never said anything of the kind, I simply said the brass would not intervene, it is up to the individual to either obey or disobey an unconstitutional law, but be prepared to deal with the consequences, like an author once said, "if you grab a tiger by the tail, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth.

"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,057 Senior Member
    The thing is, if Ovomit could have gotten the Sgt. released, the only reason he waited so long is to use this as a prop to get the fools to vote for Democraps.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    It is like a fellow I know, he was DDd from the US Navy for smoking pot, got caught on the fantail, really stupid.

Do stupid things, expect stupid prizes, this joker knew the rules and regulations and chose to wag his tallywhacker in peoples faces.
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 310 Member
    This is great good news and Obama can claim he swooped in on golf cart one to personally rescue him. I don't care, This guy is finally coming home. A pox on the Whitehouse of course, but the ordeal is over

Absolutely hilarious!
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    It is like a fellow I know, he was DDd from the US Navy for smoking pot, got caught on the fantail, really stupid.

That guy did a hell of lot more than smoke a joint on the fantail to get a Dishonorable discharge.
    Buford wrote: »
    That guy did a hell of lot more than smoke a joint on the fantail to get a Dishonorable discharge.

"Duty Bunk" maybe?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    I know I am the minority here, but if you cross into Mexico with guns that are very illegal in that country, you're going to have a bad time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C