Home Main Category Hunting

Gots me some horns!

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Took this 9 point buck yesterday evening with the .300 Blackout. I put round just a little too far forward and hit him in the shoulder but good enought to bring him down. This is an older 3-4 year old buck, he has a really big body so a lot of meat on this one. Guess I am down to pigs and song dogs now.

D8AD6202-8C18-46F6-8BCA-9432EE70D12A_zpsb7oycq15.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,041 Senior Member
    Nice buck! Congrats!!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Nice buck! Congrats!!

Thanks!

He wasn't the big one I was after but he had such a big body I couldn't pass him up.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    Too bad I don't need anymore deer, 4 nice fat does came to visit me just now.
    39685C33-39B0-4FBC-B261-CA6D9D199C0E_zpsi8g7a6ts.jpg
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Too bad I don't need anymore deer, 4 nice fat does came to visit me just now.
    39685C33-39B0-4FBC-B261-CA6D9D199C0E_zpsi8g7a6ts.jpg

Oh Man but he's really nice and you just can't pass one like that up. You may go several seasons without seeing a giant you're waiting for. I say if he's decent shoot him. About any legal buck here in Texas is decent. But just because there are more of them since they put the 13 inch law in place, doesn't mean they're any more stupid. They're all hard to get in your sights.
    Good Job Tim. Congrats on a great deer.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Nice buck - good job!
    Thanks snake!

My buddies are thinking I'm keeping all the deer tied up someplace, so far im the only one seeing any game. I don't get it, maybe they are sleeping in the blind. ��
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,455 Senior Member
    Most excellent! Nice buck.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Good Hustle!

I'm 2 weeks out from deer hunting here
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,135 Senior Member
    Nice Buck. Congrats
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,123 Senior Member
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Great...... but your wife shot a bigger one out the kitchen window
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Great...... but your wife shot a bigger one out the kitchen window

Still trying to talk her into the big one in the back yard but so far no luck.
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 2,026 Senior Member
    Nice buck! Lotsa good eatin there! Congrats! :beer:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    The weekend is done, we all packed up this morning, I picked up my deer from cold storage and headed back home. The BBQ Saturday turned out great, everyone had a great time and the food was awesome. Nothing better than a weekend in the woods.
    D2A4257B-25A9-429C-A1C6-A81C9D3A4D06_zpsohfzvjjd.jpg
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,455 Senior Member
    Nice.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    Hey, that is a good weekend, I finally saw 2 does this AM, bucks only in our zone this year, I heard about 6 shots all weekend from very far away, not looking good in Northern MN, friends in different areas are bored and texting from their stands, same story.

Also, is this the first deer season with the new "golf cart"?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Fantastic buck, Tim!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    I thought only yankees hung their deer head up.
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Nice buck!! Congrats
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Nicely done Tim! Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,587 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I need more deer, 4 nice fat does came to visit me just now.

Fixed that for you............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.