Home Main Category General Firearms

I finally own a .30-06

13»

Replies

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    220 is fine, with the ladder down at that range you should be hitting above POA. There is another sight blade that will put it dead on at 100 with the ladder down which would make it low with the ladder up. Just for kicks, shoot it at 100 with the ladder down at a 100 yard target.

I'll try that next time I take it to the range; hoping to be able to shoot our last rifle match of the season (3 positions) with it if use is approved, since everybody uses the FN 1935 Peruvian Model Mauser and a different rifle with different sighs, no matter how close to a real Mauser short rifle it is, might be a no-no.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Alec, you never heard of electronic funds transfer?

It doesn't work when you are transferring money from the present day into yesterday cos of the space time continuum. If it did I would be able to do other things like send you tomorrows lotto numbers.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    It doesn't work when you are transferring money from the present day into yesterday cos of the space time continuum. If it did I would be able to do other things like send you tomorrows lotto numbers.

So that is why the bank receives my funds on one day, but will not release them until the next. i always wondered why they did that
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • will-jwill-j Member Posts: 50 Member
    NAH; They do that to earn another day's interest. Maybe not a lot from any one person, but consider the collective sum total.. It adds up.
    :confused:
    [email protected]; I need my meds.
    THE WINDS OF TYRANNY ARE BLOWING FROM OUR OWN CAPITOL.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    So that is why the bank receives my funds on one day, but will not release them until the next. i always wondered why they did that
    Two things here:
    1. Get a different bank or
    2. Use a different type of deposit.

Govt deposits are avail the day of deposit here so are checks made to cash.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    I always figured it was a book keeping thing...my bank advertises "In by 10, out by 4."

Bank of America is a big bank, but it's treated me very well on a local level, especially in the business end of when my wife passed. There are local banks around, but I'm loyal to BofA. Then, Nations Bank IIRC.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    What, 3 pages and still no pictures?!?

Kinda like that deer last year... :tooth:

-Zorba
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    What, 3 pages and still no pictures?!?

Kinda like that deer last year... :tooth:

-Zorba

The ginger is still playing nurse maid his sounder.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    We are the damn pictures... :cuss:

Pics of what? I vaguely remember someone mentioning he got a rifle, but the particulars are fading from memory.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Pictures and a range report.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Pics of what? I vaguely remember someone mentioning he got a rifle, but the particulars are fading from memory.

I think it was a .270. Or maybe he shot a deer with it? Dunno, it fades, it fades... :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm THIS FREAKING CLOSE to deleting this thread...
    image.jpg

What is he saying............Iran is this close to a Nuke, but we have a promise from them not to misbehave and attack Israel and they need the facilities for alternate energy development and.........................Obammy needs a lasting legacy of a worldwide Peacemaker and we will sell our friends out and ISIS is a Junior Varsity group and the ACA is working great and I'm full of prunes and..........................................they are this close to crossing the presidents Red Line and we will take action if they cross it and............we will play Ostrich and stick our heads in the sand until we have to do something and being a military minimalist is a great policy because we don't wanna offend our Enemies any more that necessary and...........I'm full of prunes.................................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I honestly meant to put a pic in the first part. That's the moment I discovered all 500 some odd pics on my phone were gone.

:popcorn:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    This makes 7 days with no pics. The rifle does not exist.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    This may help Buffy;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS82Bwt2zrHwY0HjREs1AJ9MU1R2BPBo9SL5zWOSJXWpXsweMf2

It looks something like this.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,981 Senior Member
    Yet another .22lr brick thread.

Chaos with no culmination.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Yet another .22lr brick thread.

Chaos with no culmination.

To Buffy's credit, he is trying to keep hogs alive, and it is a holiday weekend, and his phone/camera memory is probably maxed out on prolapsed rectum photos:popcorn:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    To Buffy's credit, he is trying to keep hogs alive, and it is a holiday weekend, and his phone/camera memory is probably maxed out on prolapsed rectum photos:popcorn:

Plus his wife probably did the laundry so he doesn't have any dirty undies to take the picture with.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »

Say what you want, but photos of prolapsed pig rectums turn the girls into putty in your arms.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I reckon if family is over and they try and eat you outta "House and Home" just put some of those pics on the dinner table place mats and it will quell their appetites, so you would have plenty of leftovers :devil: :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Rapidly heading into day eight of Buffy watch, no change in status is expected anytime soon.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Four pages of phantom rifle and counting. Wow........................
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams