Home Main Category General Firearms

's Sporting Goods???????????

KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior MemberPosts: 1,052 Senior Member
Found one in Prescott area..but had no time to stop...would have made wife late for work..........how are they........worth a damn or not?????..........Ken
My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,410 Senior Member
    The name said it all;-). For new stuff and on sale package deal guns ok but everything else think Walmart
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    What happened
    did the auto censor burp?
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Hmmmm.....thought I read something like that here........so maybe as a time killer.....or for a laugh maybe....kinda like a Big-5 I guess............
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
    NN wrote: »
    What happened
    did the auto censor burp?

Apparently that's not
    a proper name for a company
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    So I can say penis, but not .

Not sure I want to shop at Penis' Sporting Goods...
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Do they sell big ones? :confused: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Vote with your feet and your dollars, and shop ANYWHERE else!
    :down:
    Jerry
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    Apparently that's not
    a proper name for a company
    :rotflmao:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Do they sell big ones? :confused: Later,

Rimshot!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

VERY TRUE! Also remember this store with no name has a new spin off ... Field & Stream! Yep, they took and did their own take on Cabela's and Bass Pro BUT it is still the same parent corporation.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    Flashover wrote: »
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry
    yep, what they said
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    Don't have any of those Richard Cranium Sporting Goods stores anywhere near me. Makes them easy to avoid.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,756 Senior Member
    gator wrote: »
    Not sure I want to shop at Penis' Sporting Goods...

Stiff competition for the Pro Bass shops!!:jester:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,756 Senior Member
    The auto-censor had lostit's mind...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,392 Senior Member
    Is it better than **** Sports, Inc? :rotflmao:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,004 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    The auto-censor had los's mind...

Surprised THAT did not get edited out

Edit- LOL, if you bold it, it gets pulled.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Don't have any of those Richard Cranium Sporting Goods stores ....

Oh, that must be Richard Skinner's 4th cousin, twice removed. :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Johnson's sporting goods? They were the dolts that pulled all their AR's off the shelves after "Sandy Hook" and refuse to sell them or handguns. Please find another store, I mean other than Cheaper than Gold....the other place one should not buy anything from. They gouged us gun owners for anything ammo related just after the same school shooting when panic buying began.
    Johnson's sporting goods? They were the dolts that pulled all their AR's off the shelves after "Sandy Hook" and refuse to sell them or handguns. Please find another store, I mean other than Cheaper than Gold....the other place one should not buy anything from. They gouged us gun owners for anything ammo related just after the same school shooting when panic buying began.

I haven't bought anything from Cheaper Than Unobtanium since the Great Ammo and Firearms Parts Gouging they initiated when Emperor Obama ascended to the throne the first time. Their prices are still higher than a cats back in low earth orbit.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Thanks guys.....seems I didn't miss anything by not stopping there.....and since I know now....I don't need to peek in there....... guess it's J&G sales...or hunt up a mom and pop.....don't seem to be many......anyone know of good LGSs in.the Flagstaff....Prescott....Kingman area????Ken
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Oh, that must be Richard Skinner's 4th cousin, twice removed. :jester:

I coulda looked in an online slang dictionary for synonyms but that would be cheating on Mrs. Wilson's exam. So I just thunk up some other names (and your name is excellent!)...

Peter's
    Pokem's
    Pointer's (also seen on the door of CW bar men's rooms, right next to the "Setter's")
    Pike's
    Longman's
    Shortie's
    µ's (if the store is very small, poor guy)
    ∞ (for a verrrry large store)
    and of course

Incidentally, trivia, the doors to the men's and women's room at the Dayton Ohio Museum of Natural History has the male/female planetary symbols on them (Mars & Venus). The museum is also home to, at least when I went there, the largest trilobite fossil ever found. That sucker is about a yard across. So head over to Dayton asap, okay? Yeah, right.

And, finally, if the store's in England, it could be called:

Bono's

(sorry in advance)
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,392 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Is that were you buy your competitive dance gear :tooth:
    Touche' :rotflmao:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    samzhere wrote: »
    I coulda looked in an online slang dictionary for synonyms but that would be cheating on Mrs. Wilson's exam. So I just thunk up some other names (and your name is excellent!)...

Peter's
    Pokem's
    Pointer's (also seen on the door of CW bar men's rooms, right next to the "Setter's")
    Pike's
    Longman's
    Shortie's
    µ's (if the store is very small, poor guy)
    ∞ (for a verrrry large store)
    and of course

Incidentally, trivia, the doors to the men's and women's room at the Dayton Ohio Museum of Natural History has the male/female planetary symbols on them (Mars & Venus). The museum is also home to, at least when I went there, the largest trilobite fossil ever found. That sucker is about a yard across. So head over to Dayton asap, okay? Yeah, right.

And, finally, if the store's in England, it could be called:

Bono's

(sorry in advance)

You forgot 'Johnson'. That one is a gimme.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    I think it's super slimey of them while making a big deal out of "We won't sell those evil black rifles" then they turn around and carry them at their new sister store. My thoughts on penis' sporting goods ends with " 'em and feed 'em fish heads"

I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone doesn't know the first word of that saying, but I know the auto-censor would zap it, so why even bother typing it.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,647 Senior Member
    Last August I think I saw one of those stores was going to open near the Ft. Lauderdale area.....does it?. From commentaries here, seems like it won't be worthwhile to visit it if compared to the B.P.S. in Dania.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If you do visit, bring Vaseline- - - - -the first word in the name reflects their corporate philosophy!
    Jerry
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Antonio wrote: »
    Last August I think I saw one of those stores was going to open near the Ft. Lauderdale area.....does it?. From commentaries here, seems like it won't be worthwhile to visit it if compared to the B.P.S. in Dania.
    The stores really aren't that great. Better selection of hunting, fishing, and camping gear to be had at BPS. But if you want to get running shoes, basketball gear, golf equipment, etc. they do have somewhat of a selection. They try to be an "all sports" store with mid-level at best stuff all around in my experience.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,647 Senior Member
    Friend of mine went to a nephew's wedding in.....Ohio?....can't recall (It was up North relatively close to NY), but there he went to a.......Gardner Mountain?......from his description it was like a B.P.S. and he indeed bought some stuff (Ammo boxes, a case tumbler, reactive .22 targets, cleaning supplies, etc.); is one of those also opening in the Miami area? In the rush of baby shopping I might have seen one of those being built somewhere, but my eyes were flooded in pink so can't properly recall. Will be nice to have a 2nd. "mega-store" option to visit....
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Dunno about Gander near Miami, but they are more outdoors/shooting/fishing-oriented than the store we cannot name.
    Overkill is underrated.