Home Main Category General Firearms

's Sporting Goods???????????

2»

Replies

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,647 Senior Member
    Dunno about Gander near Miami, but they are more outdoors/shooting/fishing-oriented than the store we cannot name.

Why? is it like Voldemort? Oh wait.......I see!...."Richard"......censorship.....:tooth:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Yeah, it's not that we won't say the name, it's the wonderful autocensor.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Antonio wrote: »
    Friend of mine went to a nephew's wedding in.....Ohio?....can't recall (It was up North relatively close to NY), but there he went to a.......Gardner Mountain?......from his description it was like a B.P.S. and he indeed bought some stuff (Ammo boxes, a case tumbler, reactive .22 targets, cleaning supplies, etc.); is one of those also opening in the Miami area? In the rush of baby shopping I might have seen one of those being built somewhere, but my eyes were flooded in pink so can't properly recall. Will be nice to have a 2nd. "mega-store" option to visit....

Antonio, closest Gander Mountain to Miami is North in Palm Beach Gardens. Not a long drive to get there from Miami. Just plug in Gander Mountain in your search, and go to the store locator.

Here's the address for the Palm Beach store and the distance from Miami.

Palm Beach Gardens
    (70.44) miles

100 Gander Way
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33403
    561-627-5642
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,647 Senior Member
    Thanks!; not close to where I usually stay (Dania B.P.S. is 15 minutes away), but the drive might be worthwhile. Will program location in the GPS tonight.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,761 Senior Member
    GM is WAY overpriced, they are really proud of their stuff!! I usually stop there for a good laugh, like the "sporterized" .303 Enfields, without sights, for $650 each. Something really special there!! They do have nice bathrooms, though!!
    A new Richards opened out on the beach, if you're an FSU fan that's the place to shop, otherwise, not so much!!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    GM is WAY overpriced, the are really proud of their stuff!! I usually stop there for a good laugh, like the "sporterized" .303 Enfields, without sights, for $650 each. Something really special there!! They do have nice bathrooms, though!!
    A new Richards opened out on the beach, if you're an FSU fan that's the place to shop, otherwise, no so much!!

Yep ... they named the store correctly ... all I can do is take a GANDER at what they have. I like Academy but the closest to you is going to be in Jacksonville.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,657 Senior Member
    As everyone has said, IMHO Richard's just plane sucks.

Academy Sports is on our list of places to go when we visit friends in Orange Park.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 379 Member
    GM is WAY overpriced, they are really proud of their stuff!! I usually stop there for a good laugh, like the "sporterized" .303 Enfields, without sights, for $650 each. Something really special there!! They do have nice bathrooms, though!!
    A new Richards opened out on the beach, if you're an FSU fan that's the place to shop, otherwise, not so much!!
    :that:
    The GM in Tampa has had 100 rnd Win White box .45acp for $65 for a year now and they show no signs of coming off that ludicrous price. In the same time span I've probably bought 10 boxes of 100rnd Fed Champ at WM for $39 each.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member

They are way overpriced on lots of stuff. But I only go there when they have a sale on something I want. The sale prices on some ammunition and shooting stuff are VERY good to get you in the store, and then they hope you'll go stupid and buy the expensive stuff. They do have reasonable prices on fly tying supplies most of the time. I can get most of it cheaper by mail order but once the price of shipping is added in, it's cheaper for me to drive to Gander and get it, at times. With fly tying stuff I like to actually see what I'm getting before I buy. Old school 'pig in a poke' thing.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    The stores really aren't that great. Better selection of hunting, fishing, and camping gear to be had at BPS. But if you want to get running shoes, basketball gear, golf equipment, etc. they do have somewhat of a selection. They try to be an "all sports" store with mid-level at best stuff all around in my experience.

The unnamed store outlet hasn't invaded much in our area -- here it's mostly Academy Sports, for good reasons -- wide inventory, low prices, and nice clean stores plus pretty good customer service. Whenever we want general junk like sneakers or loafers or undies or everyday clothes, Academy is the best. They also have regular sporting goods and sports-style toys and whatever. Not a terrific gun store but we've got plenty of dedicated LGS for that.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    Our Gander Mountain sucks - outrageous gun prices and poor reloading supply section at high prices. It is a good place to go compare rifles or shotguns, and then shop for a decent price online, or special order from LGS. Forget about buying used.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    There's a huge GM store just down the road in Huntsville Alabama, but the parking lot looks like a ghost town most of the time. The Tiny LGS/Pawn Shop half a mile down the road has a much better selection of guns, better prices, and ammo by the pallet sitting all over the very small sales floor. People are usually lined up 3 deep at the counter waiting to buy guns! They've also got an on-site indoor shooting range!
    Jerry