Home Main Category Hunting

Field Report: Ruger 77/44, Hornady XTP, and My Son's First Deer!

13»

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,208 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Pffffffttttttt.

If it is fear of disease...........ok......fine. If it's fear of "gett'n some on ya"................well............you just killed the damn thing. So.........it comes with the territory.

There will be blood.

To be fair, they were the ones freaked out. I just disliked it when Dad wiped it on my face, as "Warrior Paint". Teen angst and all that, I suppose. And I also made the joke "I'm a walking CDC nightmare. It makes me want to hug someone". -Nicolai
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    jbohio wrote: »
    Well, the bloody, knife holding hands you see are mine, Jerm took the pics, so that leaves......

I did the old "you pick up that end" trick to Nic. Sure enough, the neck wound soaked his pants with blood. We was a bit freaked out.
    He put on the gloves, and soldiered through it. By the end, he helped me dig through the gut pile to find the bullet.

I'll admit, I was a bit freaked out with the neck wobbling about, but that was it. Also, regarding the trick, check your bed for deer heads. -Nicolai
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,601 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I'll admit, I was a bit freaked out with the neck wobbling about, but that was it. Also, regarding the trick, check your bed for deer heads. -Nicolai

Ha!!
    Surprisingly, that head is right where you left it. Well, after I dumped it out of the tub and onto the ground, and carried the tub back to the barn.

Nic, you should get your own account here. Lots, and lots of good info, and good people.
    jbohio wrote: »
    Ha!!
    Surprisingly, that head is right where you left it. Well, after I dumped it out of the tub and onto the ground, and carried the tub back to the barn.
    He must have thought the tub was a dog food bin. Sorry about that. At least he now knows that the yotes aren't out there to eat him. I thought that we went over that part when he was younger but evidently not.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,601 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    He must have thought the tub was a dog food bin. Sorry about that. At least he now knows that the yotes aren't out there to eat him. I thought that we went over that part when he was younger but evidently not.

No worries. The gut pile, and the groundhog I shot got carried off Friday night, the groundhog was up by the creek. Head moved about 10 feet. Wish I would have thought to set one of my game cams. Next time.