Home Main Category Clubhouse

Ferguson, Missouri

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    I hear folks talking about all the things that need to be done to make "things better"...unfortunately I haven't heard "raise your kids not to be thugs" ONCE....

Note: Not participating in thuggery reduces the chances of being shot significantly....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

note: Not participating in thuggery reduces the chances of being shot significantly....

A-mother~#(%!^@-men.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I saw on another site earlier today that Homeland Security had a pile of vehicles at a hotel about 30 minutes away from Ferguson. A guy got fired from his job for posting pictures of them on Facebook. Also lots of Homeland Security folk at the hotel. Wonder what they are up to so close to Ferguson?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    And the looting is starting. A cell phone store just got cleaned out. Nothing like looting to show respect for the dead teen.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    There must has been no evidence that even one of he lessor of the 5 possible charges was brought against the officer. He acted within the limits of the law. Don't like it, vote to have it changed.

Obammy can't accept that along with all the trouble makers. It was a dual investigation and local country and the Feds shared evidence.

Now they are looting a cell phone store, meat market and liquor store and they tried to break into Micky Ds , gosh no appreciation for the free sinus cleansing they got from the tear gas :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Steve Harridan's (Harrigan?) camera man just got knocked out they think as they were filming some stolen liquor bottles and the F bomb was yelled on TV. Maybe a cable he went off the air.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Fox has live looting coverage as I post, pretty tough to watch.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    And somebody reported a protester was seen with of all things a freakin' AR-15 ... gun grabbers are going to be taking notes if shootings start to get out of hand I guess.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    When the KFC runs out of already cooked chicken, then what?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Anybody know if insurance covers business losses from looters? Me and the wife think the Police left their oldest junkiest cruisers out to be burned to collect the insurance on them.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    ..unfortunately I haven't heard "raise your kids not to be thugs" ONCE....

Note: Not participating in thuggery reduces the chances of being shot significantly....
    Eli wrote: »
    A-mother~#(%!^@-men.
    X 1-Billion
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Anybody know if insurance covers business losses from looters? Me and the wife think the Police left their oldest junkiest cruisers out to be burned to collect the insurance on them.

Hey, sounds like a plan to me.
    I've worked for ambulance services that parked all the newer/nicer units when it snowed/iced over
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

This just goes to show how stupid these troublemakers are by destroying property. They want respect and justice (I doubt few there can even spell those two words), but yet don't give it to others.

For all I care they can peacefully protest until the cows come home, but this just defeats the cause, to try and make life better for themselves and their community.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    cpj wrote: »
    Wait. You mean burning, robbing, looting, and general destruction of local business doesn't prove a point and only shows their stupidity? You mean to tell me that by destroying the very fabric of the community they live in only serves to make their situation worse? Why, surely you jest!
    Except I'm willing to bet that quite a few of the troublemakers don't actually live there, they just came to town so they could raise hell and tear stuff up.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    This is stupid. Why would they announce this now, just before Thanksgiving. I bet Obama did his amnesty last week knowing this would totally take the heat off him.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    They just won't accept the grand jury's decision, don't care about the evidence and only care about what they perceive to have been an injustice.

Police Commissioner had fake blood thrown in his face in/near Times Square NYC.

Mrs Chief said they were going "Ghetto Shopping" in Ferguson....:roll2::roll2:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    All over the country- - - -coast to coast. Maybe the ammo hoarders were right!
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Flipping stations I just notice somebody strange wearing body armor ... the CNN reporter has on a bullet proof jacket ... why did CNN feel they need those? :roll2:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    It will be interesting to see tomorrow if there was an increase in burglaries in St. Louis area in general while the police are occupied in a more centralized areas.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,738 Senior Member
    Cops don't stop burglaries. Citizens stop burglaries.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Watching the rioting going on all over the country, I'm thinking the premise of the movie "The Purge" might not be such a bad idea.

The cops are doing nothing to stop the looting or setting buildings, cars, and other property on fire. Maybe they should just leave. Useless as teats on a boar hog comes to mind.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

The cops are doing nothing to stop the looting or setting buildings, cars, and other property on fire. Maybe they should just leave. Useless as teats on a boar hog comes to mind.

Yep......just what I expected... the Rodney King LA riots....all over again .........Los Angles......New York.........Oakland.......PA......St. Louis........Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    An update from the other forum member....

Broke my ******* phone. Hundreds of shots fired. One officer shot. A few suspects shot by other suspects. What a **** show.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,920 Senior Member
    So...are things quiet in MOzambique?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NRANRA Member Posts: 112 Member
    NRA Golden Eagles Benefactor Life CRSO Pistol Instructor RSO CP PPITH CPPOTH RTBAV
    Glocks 19cutaway 20 20SF 21cutaway 21C 22C 23C 27 32 34 22LR 460 Glock Certified Armorer
    Nebraska Concealed Carry Instructor, 32 years CC Experience, Retired FFL Dealer
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    For property and such, government normally self-insures itself, i.e. it just pays for damages out of its own funds, no insurance agency. Not so for civil liability, worker's comp, etc. I don't know about police departments.

Maybe they just wanted the cruisers replaced?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Stupid question: Exactly whom do the rioters hope to win over to their side? Whatever legitimacy their protests may have is immediately cancelled out by their own lawless acts. I understand that thugs are thugs, and all they want out of this is profit, but how do their defenders hope to gain anything?

In the mid-60's, honest black people were able to make huge gains with many mostly non-violent protests against genuine examples of racism. This attracted prominent whites to demonstrate with them, and the average white male to take notice of genuine injustices. The non-violent protestors won people over because the white majority believed them to be law-abiding citizens with lawful grievances.

The Black Panthers took the violent routes and never gained any support from the great 'silent majority' that made up the majority in those days, but Martin Luther King did gain respect from law-abiding citizens of every color with his consistent and persistant peaceful approach to solving clear-cut and self-evident problems. He was a genuine martyr to the cause he fought for, because he was perceived to be an honest man. He wasn't a perfect man, but his principles were seen as genuine American principles of justice, even to those who didn't like him for whatever reason.

There is no chance of anything like that, now, because the white people who were forced to grudgingly agree with the case MLK was making have no sympathy towards the stupid lawlessness that black leaders turn a blind eye to now. The guilt that caused white folks to try to make amends for the sins of their fathers has already been spent, and they have been waiting for decades to see some proof that their change of heart accomplished something. There have always been black men who could 'pull themselves up by the bootstraps,' and some of the advances made in the name of 'social justice' have helped this type of person. But these advances have also caused the less determined to believe that more will always be coming, and that was never part of the bargain, in the eyes of mainstream America.

My only conclusion is that aggressively stupid people of every color are just going to do what aggressively stupid people always do, when they receive any sort of encouragement.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    The dispatcher then warned all officers in that area to retreat. Can't say as I blame them. Not. One. Bit. Appears to me their hands were tied. Or, they just said " it! Let this bitch burn!"

Yep. I think I'd actually cheer if the formal reply was, "We COULD do the job you hired us for and take some criminals to prison, but you'd just call it 'racially motivated' and try to throw us in jail for our efforts to make your lives better. No pension is worth this. Have fun burning your own house down. We're out."
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Let the ghetto rats live in the burned-out combat zone they create! Why should any decent citizens even bother to have anything to do with those kinds of people? Businesses should, and probably will refuse to rebuild- - - - - -move to somewhere there are people, not animals to deal with! I saw the aftermath of the Watts riots in Los Angeles close to 50 years ago- - - - -years later it still looked like London after the blitz.
    Jerry
    So far other cities have been relatively peaceful, thank God. But ole race baiter Al is headed to Ferguson said it wasn't over yet or the fight isn't on a TV soundbite or something to that effect.

I thunk Obammy said he would visit too.........they preach for peaceful demonstrations, but just seem to incite more trouble when they speak or show up?????
    The Governor called up the State Guard but none were deployed in Ferguson; they were in St. Louis and other areas.
    The findings of the grand jury were released at night; prime time for the rats to come out and do their dirty work under cover of darkness. That was just stupid to announce the findings after dark.
    The police did nothing to stop any of the burning and looting early on to set the tone for the rioters to know that such behavior would not be tolerated.
    The Governor needs to sack up and declare martial law in Ferguson, and send in the Guard to make it happen. No town should have to tolerate this level of lawlessness.
    ― Douglas Adams