Home Main Category Clubhouse

Ferguson, Missouri

13»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,628 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Cops don't stop burglaries. Citizens stop burglaries.

Absolutely correct, but there is no police backup if you call 911 in this situation, not a bunch of clear thinkers on the street, they think they can act without fear of any police response. The O'Reilly's auto parts store obviously got hit by a gang as televised on Fox last night, bunch of cars pulled up at the same time and then looted, and then left at the same time.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I think it's pretty obvious that these 'people' have no interest in justice or fairness. They will use every excuse in existence to riot and loot. It never fails. My first experience with this behavior was in the winter of 1966, when the great blackout in New York City took place. Some equipment went down and the entire city went dark. No way you could blame it on race, but there were literally thousands of blacks going berserk, looting, rampaging and burning buildings in NYC, stealing everything they could lay their hands on. I watched this on TV with outrage and amazement, but after all these years since then, not a damn thing has changed. The parasite mentality is alive and well in America.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I remember that situation- - - - -the parasites were looting, and people with different proprieties were creating the mini-baby-boom of 1967 in NYC!
    :tooth:
    Jerry
    Billy Dixon
    Carlos Hathcock
    Chris Kyle

Too bad they weren't Buddhists- - - - -we could use some reincarnation right about now.
    Jerry
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,741 Senior Member
    Yeah, it's better the announcement was made at night because of traffic. Plus, it's colder at night, maybe dissuading some.

They didn't try to fight the fires because there wasn't enough people on hand to fight fires and fight protesters. The stores were gone long before Monday night.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    I never said rush hour. Noon local time would have been good. Having the NG on hand in large numbers armed with something besides blanks and with orders to shoot looters and arsonists, and with that fact widely spread beforehand would have helped.

Anyway, from what I'm hearing from interviews with business owners on other news sources, they will NOT rebuild because they don't have the money to do so. The jobs they provided are gone. The goods and services they provided are gone. The business owners now out of business are the only people I feel sorry for in this mess. And all this two days before Thanksgiving. At least the looters will have some booze, food, and trinkets they stole for Thanksgiving, provided that they don't drink it all and eat it all beforehand.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,693 Senior Member
    International coverage: Local news have given some air time to the situation with mixed perspectives; not a few under the "This was a race-motivated situation so they saw this coming and reaction is natural" perception, with the clearly intended view of "We are not so bad since they are not doing great too". Others more connected with local reality present a worried perspective since we're currently suffering an increasing crime wave and local police forces are unable to cope with it, so they take the riot victims' perspective and compare it with the local lawless situation. Average allegedly educated citizen is absolutely unaware of what's going on, but when case is explained, they usually condemn the teen's behavior & aggression against a cop but wonder if lethal force was needed.

I say let peaceful protesters keep airing their views, and use live ammo against rioters & looters. If you let them get away with it, you'll eventually become us.
    cpj wrote: »
    Noon would have been just as bad. Between people at work and schools, a riot in the middle of. the day is no bueno.
    We knew stuff was gonna burn. And yeah darkness gives thugs cover. But, at least most innocent folks were safely at home.

Ferguson schools were closed yesterday and today. That was out of the picture. As to people being at work, that just makes it easier to identify who was rioting(those rioting obviously are not at work).
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    MikeWho_zps754cf7e2.jpg ... Looter_zps2cfb10ba.jpg
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    cpj wrote: »
    Quit arguing! You're not changing my mind! :tooth:

Fergusson is but one suburb of STL.

I know, I know; stupid facts just getting in the way again. :roll2:

I like that cartoon; kind of says it all, don't it.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, Christmas is coming and all that free looted stuff they think they are entitled to. Maybe Obammy will send them all an EGC (Ebammy Gift Card) for $100 each and multiples of 50 bucks extra for each illegitimate child the Baby Momma's have to make their Holidays Happier ...................after all it is the least we can do to fix the "Injustice" :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    The question is how long will it take for the race baiters like Sharpton and such to move on to Cleveland where that 12 year old with that BB gun was shot? The rioters and looters would follow them just like the rats (or should I say hood rats) follow the Pied Piper out of Hamlin.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Ok, now I've heard it all. If you can make it through this article, you're a better man than I. Or maybe just a glutton for punishment.....
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ferguson-wasnt-black-rage-against-copsit-was-white-rage-against-progress/2014/08/29/3055e3f4-2d75-11e4-bb9b-997ae96fad33_story.html
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Load of unadulterated horse manure in that article, parts I skimmed over.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    MississippiBoy - thanks for posting that if for no other reason than proving that university professors should be required to leave their ivory towers once in a while and actually visit someplace OTHER than urban areas. I think they would be surprised at how different things are when they actually get a taste for the whole country and not just areas cherry picked for analysis from the same, hackneyed perspective.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I have been watching reactions of black church leaders here in Oregon, and it is mostly based on anti-white prejudice / sentiments, they are convinced white republicans are evil and do not represent any other race.

Same folks are rabidly anti gun or spout ridiculous opinions, mere babble.

On the plus side, modern communications is mostly digital, not Frequency Modulation, so blocks of cell phones, not the frequencies can be turned off without affecting other modes of communications.

At a riot, they can turn off a clump of cell phones easily, under the Patriot act.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    The title and the first paragraph ended it for me. What a preposterous load of crap. The progressive media is destroying what's left of a country already reeling from progressive lies, political propaganda and undermining of traditional values. Community Organizers (Communist agitators) from all over the country are precipitating and prolonging these civil disturbances. We are headed for some really serious problems not too far down the road.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Now I can really see the folly of the STUPID 1939 NFA and 1996 ban on newly manufactured Class lll firearms !!!!

Little wonder the same folks want gun control and gun bans... fewer so called racist people with guns/ ccw = safer streets for the rioters..
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    They just set another police car on fire. Cops finally showed up, and the tards that burned it are moving away to find something else to burn. Guess nothing left to loot, so they are burning what got missed last night.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,916 Senior Member
    Its the COPS fault

Its because the prosecuter did not question hard or long enough and beat a confession out of him

NOBODY will say that MIchael Brown acted like a thug, stole from a store, acted aggresively toward a Police Officer, Struck a Police Officer and caused his own death.

Until that fact is faced things like these riots will never end.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    And the looting is starting. A cell phone store just got cleaned out. Nothing like looting to show respect for the dead teen.

Yeah right, respect for Michael....what's his name? Gimmie that case of beer bro.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Yeah right, respect for Michael....what's his name? Gimmie that case of malt liquor bro.

FIFY.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    The "Gentle Giant" Michael Brown has a history of violent felonies, including Assault 1st degree. That means beating someone within an inch of their life. And this guy gets portrayed as an innocent child about to enter college. Kind of reminds me of Treyvon Martin...he was such a little angel too.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    How about some wealthy private citizen quietly offering a bounty on looters? Maybe $100.00 for a pair of ears, or $500.00 for some "private parts"!
    :devil:
    Jerry
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Saw this post today from NFL player Ben Watson. I think it's a pretty honest introspective on the situation and it's various implications:

http://www.khq.com/story/27489010/nfl-player-benjamin-watsons-ferguson-post-on-facebook-goes-viral#.VHZemgeGzsY.facebook
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.