Home Main Category Clubhouse

New fun literary project - 1st graphic comic

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
I've fallen into a pretty nifty and fun project. It may bring a few bucks but even if we just break even, It's a blast.

I've written about a half dozen horror and supernatural short stories, some of which were purchased and published. Anyway, via my e-friend Dani Smith (a talented San Diego artist) I shared several of the stories with her.

She especially liked "So Many Nests" about a lone wolf vampire hunter. Now Dani has created a supernatural anti-hero character, "Skriker" (I think that's Danish for "Strike!") who's a "halfling" (part human, part demon). He has all sorts of adventures and the character is now just beginning to catch on in graphic art comic sales.

Anyway, Dani's organized an anthology about her new supernatural characters, and has set up a joint project for various writers and artists to collaborate. She hooked me up with a Brit artist, Rick Dyhouse. He just emailed me the 11 panels of our new joint story, "Skriker and the Vampire Hunter". I took my short story and turned it into a "movie script" format, then Rick used that as a template for the graphic short novelette.

As you may know about modern graphic stories, the content can be very bloody and intense, not suitable for posting here. But I do have "page 2" to share. This is just prior to adding the dialogue:

page2.jpg

It looks like Dyhouse and I may be setting up a small project soon, taking several more of my horror stories and turning them into a graphic comic. If we do several, it will be a full length comic and we can publish this without any other involvement from other parties.

After the comic is released (this December) I'll post a link in the "Commercial" section. It is of course for sale and not a giveaway, so the info belongs there.

Anyone here who's interested in graphic comics and supernatural stories, PM me and I'll email you a couple more of the pages (the nasty ones, ha ha).

This will be a fun project for me, a sidebar while I work more directly on my new full length supernatural suspense novel with Lovecraftian themes, "Port of Blood" -- hey, it's all free, folks!

Even if you're not a fan of such things, I want to provide this as an example of the sort of stuff we chatted about recently in another thread -- the dreaded retirement and what to do when you're not physically able to get out and about. Not that writing horror stories is your own cuppa tea -- but that you will be pleasantly surprised at all the various projects and interesting stuff that's waiting for you.