Home Main Category Clubhouse

Looters?

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
Is shooting Looters out of line? :uhm: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Looters=targets! Lock and load!
    :guns:
    Jerry
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Is shooting Looters out of line? :uhm: Later,

Only if you are dead, so shoot and stay alive !!!!!!!

Millions of dead people can't be wrong !!!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I have a feeling "feral looters" are going to become a bigger problem than all other varmints we have in the US. My vote is NO SEASON, NO LIMIT and the same bounty some states are offering from $4 and up.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    There already is no season or limit on loser Looters, the concealed handgun license, and no bounty, it may cost something in legal defense fees, but you will still be alive !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    I figure looters in the riot sense are pretty close to as low a human being as you can get; they don't have any real interest in the politics of the present unrest - they just see an opportunity to be a hoodlum while the citizenry is hunkered down and the law is occupied elsewhere. Acts of breaking usually go hand in hand with the entering, and arson is a pretty common second act - which IS, in most locations something which deadly force is authorized for.

Way back in the day, horse thieves were hang-able because they were seen as taking away someone's main tool for livelihood, or worse, stranding them in the middle of nowhere to die of thirst and exposure. A looter is not too far removed from this.

The reality of a riot situation is that you probably can't hold looters safely in any kind of custody, and while "encouraging" them to go elsewhere at gunpoint is one option, it stands a good chance of merely passing the crime on to the next potential victim, to say nothing of setting yourself up to be bushwhacked by the same looter when you are no longer in a position of advantage.

In all seriousness, it is probably the right and proper thing to do, and we may need clearer law in certain places to guide and protect those that do so.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Town folk who won't defend their homes and businesses will soon be living in a ghost town - ask Detroit. Any mayor/police commissioner/sheriff who does not convey this to the public is derelict in his/her duty, and a coward.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,717 Senior Member
    I suspect if you are not law enforcement or National Guard operating in an area that the Governor has placed under a State of Emergency, you would be prosecuted.

The above implies no threat to your own life.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    In this most recent case, the governor deployed the national guard to the adjoining major city and let them watch the actual problem area burn, from a distance. But, you are right - he probably would prosecute anyone who didn't bend over and grab their ankles.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hey president Obama is fond of his line, "If it saves ONE life...". The way I look at it, shoot a looter and the rest will rethink their actions and go home. There you just saved a whole much of them... Happy mr president?

Looting started to occur in Homestead after Hurricane Andrew in 1992. A looter entered a home where there was an armed resident and was shot dead. The shooter was not prosecuted, and oddly enough looting mostly stopped.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,960 Senior Member
    A lesson from a Muslim country,

Agadir, Morocco , Feb. 29, 1960 A massive earthquake leveled the city King Mohammed V ordered all looters to be shot on sight,
    There was no looting, I know this first hand as I was there.

Is there something to be learned from this ??

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Once a window is broken, drop the first one or two looters who set foot inside the store in their tracks, preferably with multiple loads of OO buckshot so the wounds are gory. I doubt that anyone else will be tempted to step over the bodies for a bottle of "free" booze or a bag of chips!
    Jerry
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    I am sure that anyone protecting themselves or their property would be disarmed by the police!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    This riot in Ferguson is following the same script as every other one in the past that I remember. Protesters start rioting and looting and burning, and cops stand back and........................DO NOTHING TO STOP IT. Even when store owners call for help, the cops are nowhere to be found. Probably no more than 3 dead rioters stacked at the front door would be sufficient warning to others that nothing good will happen if they enter.

And any store owner who did so and was charged with a crime during the anarchy would be a travesty of justice. That's what riots are, anarchy. If the cops won't stop it, that leaves just us.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I do not blame the LEOs (or even NG) for pulling back and not fighting the war against the rioters/looters. To do so they would have to do to much work (physically and paperwork wise). The shear numbers they'd face would make it to where they'd have to pick up a weapon and act as they were trained. They shouldn't be expected to do that ... and they should not be expected to act against any law abiding resident or business owner who protects their family and property from these hood rats and use a weapon to do so either! Why should the law breakers be protected from law abiding ... besides "it's racial"?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Seems like the best way to the police to respond to your location during a riot would be to call 911 and report that you had just shot two or three looters.
    Doing this before the looters get to your store would be best.
    I bet the police show up most ricky tick.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I would keep a cot and sleeping bag in the back. When the looters show grab your pump gun and do business. When the LEOs show just tell them you were asleep when the glass broke and you were trapped in the store and had to defend yourself. I think that will work in any state. Boom Shackalaka. :guns: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.