Home Main Category Clubhouse

Stalkers

BufordBuford Senior MemberPosts: 6,713 Senior Member
Do you feel that you are being watched when posting here.
Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,923 Senior Member
    Only when I'm posting in my skivvies
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I think....wait, what was that noise???
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    No, I wear a tin foil hat when I post here.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    No, I wear a tin foil hat when I post here.

A wise man.

b307f0eb.jpg
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    Watched by anyone in particular? I don't know.

I do try to be somewhat vague in location information, very rarely put photos of my wife and child here, only report on trips AFTER I go, and do some other things to keep info down.
    Overkill is underrated.
    My sister in law does that timeline thing. Telling everyone where she's at and what she's doing.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    My sister in law does that timeline thing. Telling everyone where she's at and what she's doing.

Not me, my life's so boring there are times even I don't care to know what I am doing!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Well, the cat sometimes watches me but he get quickly bored and stops. My girlfriend, on the other hand, has been bored from the start and never watches me. So I guess, no.
    You are being watched. In the last month and a half I have had 3 calls to my cell phone that tell me I visited one their websites and for me to hold. I get so mad I hang up and have not gone through the waiting process to find out who this is. This happened to anyone else?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member

Yes, I figure there is a Bisley Fan Club in China, and the NSA is keeping a close watch on it. That's why I encrypt everything I post - nothing is what it seems to be. :conehead:
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    My cell phones are on the do not call list. They can watch all they want, I'll be twerking live on video cam at 11:35 am today. My small but very loyal fan club will love it!

TMI, Not Zorba level TMI, but TMI nonetheless........
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,094 Senior Member
    You are being watched. In the last month and a half I have had 3 calls to my cell phone that tell me I visited one their websites and for me to hold. I get so mad I hang up and have not gone through the waiting process to find out who this is. This happened to anyone else?
    Buford, I hate to tell you but the "You visited one of our websites" is just the latest introduction for spam calls. Sorta of like the "Hi this is Rachel from card member services"

I've gotten them BEFORE I ever had a smart phone.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,741 Senior Member

That's a scam. You call the number, it's one of those charge by the minute sites, they put you on hold for a long time and you wind up with charges. You only get these calls on a cell phone because that's the only one that works in their favor.

Don't call those numbers.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member

It's just you.....in your case be careful.....the reward for proof of Bigfoot is up.....watch out for traps....nets....that sort of thing.....I would hate to see you all over the news again.....
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
    I hope we're not being watched, as I post naked. Just a thing for me.

I almost never get calls on my cell phone. I had a couple where I answered the phone and they hung up. I think the intent is to have YOU call THEM to run up the charges. And leave a number on your "missed calls" register. I don't have an answer machine enabled on my cell, I don't know how, but unless I know the number, I'm not calling back.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If one of those unwelcome callers is stupid enough to remain on the line after our first couple of exchanges, it's open season. I can engage in some of the world's most disgusting phone sex on record. I've yet to have any kind of telemarketer last more than 15 seconds. The ones who ask me to "hold"- - - - -good luck with that!
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dang Buford, at least a Steeler's Fan could call :tooth:

Them telephone-marketers can all go hug a root!

I'm sure LEOs/FBI and God knows anything from the NSA to Little Tommy Tucker His Twin Brother and Ever Other Mother Lovers scans this and other forums and I are hope they are learning a thing or two about guns to boot :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Buford, I hate to tell you but the "You visited one of our websites" is just the latest introduction for spam calls. Sorta of like the "Hi this is Rachel from card member services"

I'm sure I did the do not call thing, I guess I'll do it again. I don't get junk calls to my phone, this website thing is a first for me.
    Here's a typical scam from the internet. You have to call them, and the callback area codes are in Jamacia, Virgin Islands, etc.

There is a new phone scam making its rounds, targeting cell phone users. The Better Business Bureau is putting out an alert warning of a new scam that can result in unauthorized charges to your wireless bill.

It is a relatively simple scam that can cost consumers big bucks. At risk are those with mobile phones. What’s happening is consumers are receiving calls from unknown numbers. The person making the call will either hang up or leave a message saying there is something wrong with a loved one, prompting a return call. But the person calling back may not realize the number they are dialing is an international call and one that could be linked to an overseas adult entertainment line. The consumer ends up racking up premium service rates, typically appearing as a $19.95 charge. This practice of third parties placing unauthorized charges on wireless accounts is called “cramming,” and it’s becoming a growing problem.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Dang Buford, at least a Steeler's Fan could call :tooth:

Them telephone-marketers can all go hug a root!

That's why I got rid of my land line.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

I don't get those calls from 'card member services' much anymore. I got tired of it and found a way to get a real person on the line fast. Just start punching in random numbers on the phone. Then when the live person came on, I LOUDLY read them selected passages from 'The Sailor's Book of Magic Words and Phrases'. It works, but you have to do it to each one as there are several of those places.

As to being stalked, here or elsewhere, I have no doubt that some of the alphabet soup government agencies probably lurk here once in a while, and get bored to tears. They probably have Buffy and Zorba on their radar, though. :silly:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I get a couple of Card Services calls a week on my land line. I'm pretty sure they're from off-shore, which means the DNC registry won't work for them. Next time, I'll check the area code.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

:win: :win: :win:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Saved to hard drive.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Big Chief wrote: »
    :win: :win: :win:
    I hope so, that foil did not help todays turkey, however.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Saved to hard drive.

Me too, to, tu, also.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I hope so, that foil did not help todays turkey, however.

Well, DUH! How could foil help the turkey if you were wearing the foil on your head??!! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
    Hey, I took it from the turkey.
    Hey, I took it from the turkey.

EEEEEWWWWwwww! Greasy tin foil on your haidbone! :vomit:
    ― Douglas Adams