Home Main Category Clubhouse

Stalkers

2»

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    That's a scam. You call the number, it's one of those charge by the minute sites, they put you on hold for a long time and you wind up with charges. You only get these calls on a cell phone because that's the only one that works in their favor.

Don't call those numbers.

That's a pretty fair assessment. I've had friends complain of the same. Thus far I've been lucky and have received very few marketing ploy calls.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    You are being watched. In the last month and a half I have had 3 calls to my cell phone that tell me I visited one their websites and for me to hold. I get so mad I hang up and have not gone through the waiting process to find out who this is. This happened to anyone else?

Not the same sort of marketing gimmick, but the same sort of creeps. I've gotten a few calls lately and they come from different states (a warning that the calls originate elsewhere and are patched out to other call sites, I suppose.

The call is automated and tells me that "This is not a sales call (yeah right!) but that I've been recommended by a friend or neighbor to receive a FREE burglar alarm system installed in my home!" Thing is, I rent! And all my friends or neighbors know this.

Thus far I've not answered the calls because I've been busy but I may do it just for fun. You know the famous prank call that zaps the home marketing scammer by answering the phone and pretending to be a homicide cop, asking how the caller knows the guy, because they are now at the murder scene and are gathering evidence, and want the police to interview all his incoming phone message originators.

I'll try to find the audio and post the link here. Okay, here's the YouTube audio from comedian Tom Mabe. It's famous but also hilarious even if you've heard it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKtS-k12b0
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,730 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    That's a pretty fair assessment. I've had friends complain of the same. Thus far I've been lucky and have received very few marketing ploy calls.

It's not a marketing ploy, it's a scam to get you to call them and charge you for the call. I've never gotten a marketing call on my cellphone.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »

It's not a cheese hat, but it'll do:beer:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    It's not a cheese hat, but it'll do:beer:
    Well, I got the pot in Wis
    was the one Dad brought home when he got out of the army after WWII.

I could paint it yellow.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    tennmike wrote: »
    EEEEEWWWWwwww! Greasy tin foil on your haidbone! :vomit:
    Turkey wasn't cooked in it, Clean likes to lay tin foil on stuff trying to keep it hot enough to burn one's mouth; sometimes it works or not.
    What happened to the do not call program?
    I don't think the Do Not Call program affects off-shore calls. I've notified them several times about the Card Services number without success.
    Thanks, I'll continue to just hang up.
    I can see the number calling on my phone. If I don't recognize it, I won't answer it.
    Clean does that with her cell
    house phone does not have caller ID
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I certainly hope I'm being watched. And I hope every word I post is carefully read, scrutinized and comprehended. How else can I get my points across to the powers that be? For sure, they won't pay attention to anything else I might do.