Home Main Category Clubhouse

Another #*$! Car issue...

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,534 Senior Member
This time it is the Siena. I guess I can't complain to much, we have gotten 7 great years from her...

Intermittent heat. When at idle, no heat comes from the vent. Drive around for a few minutes it starts to heat up. Stop at a light...it starts to get cool again. No over heating, no signs of leaks.

Some Car forums have said new radiator cap? Others have said thermostat...

What say y'all...
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Change the thermostat. Also check to see if it's got a seep leak that has let the coolant level get low. Don't check the reservoir tank- - - -look at the radiator if at all possible. Sometimes a small air leak in the overflow line will allow the reservoir to stay full while the radiator level gets low. My Dodge Dakota did the same thing last week because of a pinhole leak in the heater core. So far, a bottle of Bar's Leaks has it fixed, at least temporarily!
    Jerry
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Check for vacuum leak going to the controller that controls the flaps that control air movement in cab. Maybe???? :uhm: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Well there is a leak or at least now....and it is either the water pump or head gasket. I can't tell...frak me.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    If it is an older car and being nursed along just get some Bars Leaks unless it's a hose or something. If I have to get much past the valve covers I will pull and rebuild/replace it. No sense fixing one thing when 20 more are waiting in line.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct