Home Main Category Clubhouse

Black Friday Deals........

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,158 Senior Member
Blew my wad early and didn't even have to leave the house............

spin_prod_861440712?hei=333&wid=333&op_sharpen=1

Now I can get my bigger wrenches out of the totes they are in......
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Nice!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    Tool box looks good.

cpj's comment not so much
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    Check out this ad from a LGS.............http://www.woodburyoutfitters.com/info/black-friday-deals-1

BFP_1_r2_c1.jpgBFP_1_r2_c3.jpgBFP_1_r4_c3.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    If I had a nickel...

You could hold yer pickle as you ride a motor- cicle long as you ain't drank too much George Dickel :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Nice looking tool chest.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Last year I got a great price on a camera. This year I haven't seen anything worth fighting the crowds for.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    First, jpb, nice lookin' toolchest. Craftsman has always been a notch below Snap-on but in recent years they've closed the gap and the top lines of Craftsman are superb. All my "keeper" handtools are Craftsman.

Also, BigDan, serendipity with the link to HP printers, as we're shopping for a $100 ballpark inkjet tomorrow. I'll compare the online ads with the store.
    No.
    Craftsman tools are barely homeowner grade anymore.

Huh. You think they've gone downhill? Oh, well. I was just stating my opinion and I'm not qualified as an experienced mechanic, for sure.
    No.
    Craftsman tools are barely homeowner grade anymore.

Not quite that bad....yet

I only buy stuff when it's is on sale though.
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Not quite that bad....yet

I only buy stuff when it's is on sale though.

My personal experience with Craftsman is of course based on just that, no groupthink, just how the tools have worked for me. And I don't use them everyday like someone such as cpj does.

I'm of course well aware that for professionally grade tools, Snap-On is tops, although pricey. If you use tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers or even the toolchests occasionally as I do, you may not ever reach a situation where the wear ratio or durability of such tools is a factor. If you use them continually in your work, as cpj does, I'm certain that the lower overall quality of Craftsman will be apparent.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I am seeing cameras, flat screen TV's, and tablets going for pretty cheap but nothing I am willing to fight a crowd for. I may stop by Menard's in the next day or so. That is about it.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Many moons ago I bought a Thorsen 1/4" drive socket set for electronic light work, I still have it, very good stuff along with a few odds and end tools from them. Once I bought some with their name on it which was junk, it said Thorsen Allied or something made in Hong Kong (?), socket shattered with just a little pressure. So read the label..carefully and a lower price than expected should tip you off!

Don't know what happened to Craftsman stuff, it was pretty hard to beat with a lifetime replacement warranty, no questions asked at Sears.

I have some Kobalt brand tools from Lowe's that seem to be OK for home use.

One thing is fer sure the $1 tool bins in stores is junk and expect a one time use for most of it. Screwdrivers that the handle shatters soon as you apply some pressure and the like.

Those trucks that go to job sites (MAC and Snap-ON) have good, but expensive stuff.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I am seeing cameras, flat screen TV's, and tablets going for pretty cheap but nothing I am willing to fight a crowd for. I may stop by Menard's in the next day or so. That is about it.

Aw hell man.............just go do some Ghetto Shopping in Ferguson :jester:
    Again, nothing I am willing to fight a crowd for.
    -Thomas Paine
    cpj, thanks for the "Crapsman" label. I'd forgotten that! Always fun, specially if they don't work.

We're planning on sticking to MicroCenter only, and avoid any shopping mall or general bigbox store, which is of course the kiss of death. But MicroCenter is nerd heaven and nerds tend to be a lot more polite when you shove them out of the way to grab the last gadget. heh heh
    Menard's has Caldwell Rock Jr. shooting rests for $29 plus a $10 rebate. Cheap spotting scopes for $40, some pretty good deals on gun safes and a few other gun related things.
    -Thomas Paine

Survived Black Friday just fine. Went to MicroCenter 10am, crowded but orderly, a very clean and well managed store. Bought a nice new HP inkjet all-function printer/scanner, got out way before noon despite shopping around the story for other stuff. Staff were super helpful and the customers were very nice. Different in a tech store from a bigbox or shopping mall, so all went well.

Saw this 2-ft remote control helicopter for about 70 bucks, passed it up, but if I were younger or had a rambunctious nephew, I'd have bought one.
    Gonna try and find a cheap Windows laptop on Cyber Monday. Need one for putting music on the Zunes and Ipods/phone and updating maps on the GPS's
    Gonna try and find a cheap Windows laptop on Cyber Monday. Need one for putting music on the Zunes and Ipods/phone and updating maps on the GPS's

If you've got a MicroCenter store near you, give 'em a try. I've not found better inventory or prices that beat them, generally. For example, in my "printer search" thread, some provided helpful links to discounted printers, but the discount prices were matched or exceeded by those I saw at MicroCenter.

Give us feedback on the results of your purchase.
    Says nearest MicroCenter is east of Cleveland. Too far.
    Says nearest MicroCenter is east of Cleveland. Too far.

For sure.

Here in Houston we've got about any brand of electronics or bigbox outlet there is. I checked online prices and also the other stores (BestBuy, etc) and MicroCenter had the lowest of equal to anyone else.

There are plenty of places to buy normal consumer electronics but if you want "real" computer stuff, MC is the best. I've had great service there from the staff and Friday was no exception. Rather than fuzzyface kids who know less about their products than you do, the MC staff are actually trained. Imagine that. Their inventory is way better than anyone else, too.

But of course they gotta be nearby to patronize them. A long distance pilgrimage is not advised.
    Just realized we still have the youngest stepsons Acer. He didn't get to take that to his fathers either.....:tissue:

Wife is going to do a factory reset on it after we buy a new power cord for it and see how useable it is....