Home Main Category General Firearms

Buds Guns Scam

gunner81gunner81 MemberPosts: 422 Member
Buds guns had a black Friday sale starting at 8am today and at 8 on the nose their website went blank boy is that convenient

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Maybe they're just getting high internet traffic that their servers can't handle?

It loaded for me. Was a little slow, but I kinda expected that, given your post.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Right. No scam, just website overload. Don't be so paranoid.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 422 Member
    I was on the site when it shut down
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    OK. Still overload most likely. You get several thousand guys like you that try to log on at exactly 0800 and it will crash.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I have heard nothing but good things about Bud's on here and from individuals who ordered things from them.

Heck, my credit union goes down at times online.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,521 Senior Member
    gunner81 wrote: »
    Buds guns had a black Friday sale starting at 8am today and at 8 on the nose their website went blank boy is that convenient

How exactly this would be a "scam" or benefit Bud's in any way is beyond my comprehension.

"Hey, let's lure a bunch of folks to our web sit for a Black Friday Sale........and then........shut down the site!!!! That'll be SO great!!! Our business will skyrocket!!!"

Yeah. Probably not planned or intentional.

Ease up, Buttercup.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    You were on it and it suddenly went blank? Or did you click on something in there and it refused to load?

As Zee says, how would this benefit Bud's?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    buttercup

???? he is gunner81, not cpj.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN wrote: »
    ???? he is gunner81, not cpj.

No, CPJ is "Sunshine".

Consequently, he calls ME "Buttercup".
    :rotflmao:

So sweet
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I've bought from Bud's with complete satisfaction, and I would not hesitate to buy there again. Merry Christmas.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member

Awwwww- - - - -poor baby! Maybe this will soothe the butthurt!

10689fast_relief_004.jpg

:group:
    Jerry
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,626 Senior Member
    It's interesting how paranoia infects this and other boards. ONE THING goes askew and immediately it's a conspiracy. I see this a lot on gun boards, maybe especially on gun boards but not exclusively, or did when I visited gun boards other than this one. Therefore a computer glitch turns into a scam.

Regardless of the inplausibility of Bud's closing down traffic on the busiest day of the year, some will assume the worst without any rhyme or reason behind it.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,394 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Awwwww- - - - -poor baby! Maybe this will soothe the butthurt!

10689fast_relief_004.jpg

:group:
    Jerry

Love it!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Would you believe that little .32 S&W is new and unfired, since the early 1950's? My late uncle's idea was "I'll just point it at somebody and scare him off- - - - -I don't need ammo!"
    :roll:
    Jerry
    When it's necessary to soothe several inflamed donkeyholes at a time the revolver comes in handy!
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    It's interesting how paranoia infects this and other boards. ONE THING goes askew and immediately it's a conspiracy. I see this a lot on gun boards, maybe especially on gun boards but not exclusively, or did when I visited gun boards other than this one. Therefore a computer glitch turns into a scam.

Regardless of the inplausibility of Bud's closing down traffic on the busiest day of the year, some will assume the worst without any rhyme or reason behind it.

This post is definitely part of the conspiracy to hide all the conspiracies happening on gun forums.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    You can't hand load those suppositories?
    How else
    you can't eat them.
    "The doctor told ne to insert them rectally, so I swallowed 'em sideways!"
    :devil:
    Jerry
    n7.gif
    cpj wrote: »
    Once again, you are CUPCAKE.

Dang'it!!! I get all my names of endearment mixed up. Maybe that's what Joe calls me. I forget.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    Dang'it!!! I get all my names of endearment mixed up. Maybe that's what Joe calls me. I forget.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    "Best Buy's website suffers Black Friday outage.

Best Buy's website came back online Friday morning, after an extended outage during one of the busiest shopping days of the year, only to go down again Friday night.

The company attributed the first outage to heavy traffic "

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102223815
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Well I hope they all have a healthy Mea Kulpa and a big manageable sale to make up for it.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Buds was part of the conspiracy, to shut down black friday sales in solidarity with protesters around the nation protesting things that need protesting because no one has been protesting enough!
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 422 Member
    I knew it was something like that
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Buds was part of the conspiracy, to shut down black friday sales in solidarity with protesters around the nation protesting things that need protesting because no one has been protesting enough!

I am filing a protest to this post immediately. I will be sure to start a social media campaign and have a link to a map showing all stores that stock Nikes and big screen TVs. The post was racist and we should rename Black Friday to Michael Brown Friday to honor his legacy.

Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson and Winfrey approve this message.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member

Look at what you wrote...

1. You alleged a scam
    2. You cited the scam as a non-functional website

Ok...how is Buds scamming (implying some sort of fraudulent profiting) if the mechanism by which they sell merchandise for revenue is not functional?

Less ignorance, please. We need less false accusations in this world.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers