Time to fill the freezer...

Grizz1219Grizz1219 MemberPosts: 424 Member
Took a nice doe with my bow earlier... Rifle season in Ny was tough, all does and small bucks, we try for a 6 pt or better rule and we got no DMP tags... So now Black Powder starts this week, I'll be out Fri - next Tues with my T/C, 2 either tags and 1 doe tag... It will be a slaughter for any 2.5 year old doe that gets within 125-150 yards of me for sure... It's time to unleash the "Smackin"... LOL

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Best of luck Grizz
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Good luck buddy!
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,661 Senior Member
    good luck!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    good luck!

Good luck, sounds like a plan. Fill that freezer. I look at it like this, first fill the freezer. Big bucks are a bonus you never pass up but don't sacrifice your hunt over. I only stopped shooting does when they stopped being legal, December first. Now for the rest of the season it's bucks only. They can be anterless but they better have balls
    hehehehe
    Unless of course they have legal antlers. They don't fine you around here for antlered does since those are rare.

best of luck to you all.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Thanks... I will post pics if I am successful...
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
    Good luck and happy hunting Grizz. Look forward to the hunt report.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    Bring home the deer meat.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    Good luck Grizz! 150 yards is a long shot with a muzzle loader, you are a better man than I am........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,719 Senior Member
    Can't wait to see some pictures.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,581 Senior Member
    Good luck my friend!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    See post in off topic.... got out 2 afternoons... Sad...
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,656 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear :tissue:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.