Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Whacko environtmentalists did it again

AntonioAntonio Senior MemberPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
I'm usually OK to their interruptions to the hypocrite alleged "scientific research" the **** industrial whaling fleet does every year just to get a taste of exotic meat, but this time they went AGAIN too far to deliver their "message".

This time they invaded an archaeological area considered as national & humanity patrimony to deploy a banner calling for the use of "clean" energy:

As stupid as climbing atop the Sphinx to put a giant hat on it. Nazca lines are a series of gigantic geometrical drawings or geoglyphs made by the ancient Nazca culture inhabitants in the Peruvian desert where they lived hundreds of years ago; figures (Most zoomorphic) are apparently an ancient calendar, only visible from air and were made by tracing lines in the desert floor and filling them with different kind of gravel. Access to the area is severely restricted and only allowed to archaeologists, since even by walking to approach them can erase the traces from the ground. Virtually no rain and their remote location prevented them from being erased by erosion or human intervention and are a very visited location by tourists (By small plane rides) and scientists that study and preserve them.

Currently there is a world convention for climate change going on here, and apparently wanted to gather press attention to deliver their dumb manifesto; only a few voices have raised so far against this dumb act since they are the environmental PC bullies and few would dare to be critic to their actions, but the institute in charge of the safekeeping & study of the lines is already claiming that severe damage has been done by the activists that walked all over the place to put the banners without caring about the situation.

Sadly, they'll probably get away with it 'cause they are the "good boys" and learn nothing from their ignorant, pedantic attitude.

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    And I bet those tree huggers got there by plane, train or automobile.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    they going to clean that up?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,139 Senior Member
    Is that something that can be removed? If not there should be hell to pay
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Here are a few more pics:

This is an actual pic of the damage made by the gang of idiots; before that there were no traces of footprints in the area:

They trespassed the zone at night, using only flashlights to guide themselves; most were foreign members of the NGO, led by this Argentinian, Mauro Fernandez, who probably thinks he's uber-cool for doing this:

Archaeologists working in the area use this contraption in their shoes to distribute their weight evenly and leave no virtual traces over the terrain. Of course they have to walk slowly in a particular pace in 100+°F and small parties, only if entering the area is completely necessary:

Can the damage be reversed? Probably. Many years ago before the lines were discovered and reported, the area was marked and crisscrossed by cattle & small vehicles (Usually motorcycles); a small, old German woman called Maria Reiche moved close to the place in a small derelict shack and took the self-appointed task of repairing the damage by herself with no help whatsoever from public or State, usually employing straw brooms and other household items in an agonizing slow pace, carrying by hand one piece of debris at the time, one figure at the time....truly a titanic labor of love. The institute in charge of study & preservation of the area is named after her (She died in the area in her late '90s after living from private donations & charity).

Anyway, it will probably take lots of money & time to eliminate all the traces, or at least make them less visible. What makes this particular case even worse is that perpetrators are not ignorant fools but arrogant know-it-all busybodies that won't recognize their misconduct. Damaging archaeological sites is punished by prison here and a few persons have served time for their actions, but I sincerely doubt this group will ever face a judge, since as I stated, they are untouchable PC bullies that probably have already left the country.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Nazcas didn't "disappear" due to climate change since that phenomenon as explained is an alleged result of the industrial age that was hundreds of years later. Like other pre-Inca civilizations, it apparently was a strong and long "El Niño", which is a normal and seasonal climatic occurrence, what extensively damaged their agriculture system way above their technical ability to quickly recover and cope with their up-to-then thriving population development demands (Usual results are abnormal increase of rains and heath in the usually semi-arid coastal valleys, lack of rains in the high Andean mountains or heavy mudslides in their valleys, and worst of all, a complete absence of all the endemic ocean fish species which were and still is are a very important part of the local economy and protein source)

For a NGO that claims to have lots of "scientific background" they can at least read Wikipedia before throwing such a dumb excuse!

Locally the news were at first hidden by their pals in the pinko media, but the word has spread in the web and now people is getting increasingly mad at them, specially because they don't show signs of recognizing their mistake, but keep their cocky Hipster attitude.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Greenpeace and other so-called environmentalist groups violate sites like that all the time. They did a similar stunt in Australia this year, I think, on the Three Sisters peaks. Greenpeace, ALF, ELF, and Earth First!, among others, are nothing but eco- terrorists that should be spending some quality time in prison. I hope the ones that are involved in this latest mess are caught and put there for a good while.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Greenpeace and other so-called environmentalist groups violate sites like that all the time. They did a similar stunt in Australia this year, I think, on the Three Sisters peaks. Greenpeace, ALF, ELF, and Earth First!, among others, are nothing but eco- terrorists that should be spending some quality time in prison. I hope the ones that are involved in this latest mess are caught and put there for a good while.
    After someone kicks their stupid liberal asses.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Greenpeace- - - - - -good targets for whaling ships! Don't put the jerks in prison where they will have to be fed and coddled. Just sink their little boats and make 'em swim home. Chum the water heavily while they're swimming!
    Jerry
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Greenpeace- - - - - -good targets for whaling ships! Don't put the jerks in prison where they will have to be fed and coddled. Just sink their little boats and make 'em swim home. Chum the water heavily while they're swimming!
    Jerry

I am ok with them being coddled by Bubba, everyone's favorite hillbilly prison rapist.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,953 Senior Member
    Greenpeace and some of their peers are like the Open Carry Zealots of the environmental movement. They go out and do crazy stuff that pisses the general public off and make all environmentalists look bad. The generalizations you make are similar to the ones I hear my liberal friends make every time a gang of AK and AR wielding open carry nuts invade a starbucks. Admittedly it's not a one to one comparison because at least the OC guys aren't typically causing any direct damage but same effect applies.
    Its not only not a one to one, it isnt even a partly valid comparison. The same effect does NOT apply. The worst the OC'ers are doing is acting like fools and having trespassing laws enforced while protesting a specific adgenda. GP and the like, are terrorist organizations causing willful damage to public and private property to support a questionable adgenda that they mold to excuse whatever damage they caused after the fact.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,953 Senior Member
    I am ok with them being cuddled by Bubba, everyone's favorite hillbilly prison rapist.
    fify
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Greenpeace and some of their peers are like the Open Carry Zealots of the environmental movement. They go out and do crazy stuff that pisses the general public off and make all environmentalists look bad. The generalizations you make are similar to the ones I hear my liberal friends make every time a gang of AK and AR wielding open carry nuts invade a starbucks. Admittedly it's not a one to one comparison because at least the OC guys aren't typically causing any direct damage but same effect applies.

The only thing open carry types do is to make gun-fearing liberals nervous. Left-wing agitators cause tens of millions of dollars in property damage, lost wages and exasperation to the general public. It's not a valid comparison.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Not the 1st. time they do something like this over here; in 2008 they trespassed an area restricted to archaeologists only in the Macchu Picchu complex, trampling over terraces and walls to hang another manifesto banner:

Back then they weren't even spanked since they flee before getting caught, but this time I hope they won't get away with it. If they go to a trial, might get an 8-year prison sentence if found guilty, and believe me, 5th. world prisons will make ANY US jail look like a suite in Vegas, specially if you're a pretty young cocky white boy. Problem for them is that the pics were almost for sure taken by a drone and the group acted under the cover of the night, denoting clear intention and acting in an organized group to fulfill they clearly planned "intervention" (Unlike let's say a couple of drunks in an ATV making "8s" next to the figure in plain daylight).

Funny detail: Message was written in English, a language maybe 2% of locals understand, so this was clearly a publicity stunt for their donors and followers and not as they are saying an "environmental wake up call" to change national attitudes.

If they REALLY wanted to do something for environment, just a few miles away from that place there's a huge illegal mining camp where hundreds of prospectors are looking for metals in a restricted are without authorization and dumping poisonous chemical compounds & all sorts of toxic trash into one of the few rivers of the area. Why they didn't went over there to make one of their "let's save mother nature" statements? 'cause they would all have ended dumped next to the highway with a bullet in their heads!

Since I've had to deal with two of those groups over the years working in nuke power, I'd have to say that your comparison is both ignorant of fact and the comparison poorly chosen.

Let me interject a few facts here. Earth First! protested twice at one nuke plant I worked at and here was the result. They spray painted filth all over a hydro dam, did major damage to equipment at the heavy equipment shop, and tried to break into the training center on the first protest. Those attempting break ins and damaging equipment are extremely lucky they weren't shot on sight; they only got a pop knot or three on their filthy haidbones.

Second protest they tried to break into the training center again. They were joined by a couple of other anti-nuclear power groups. They broke a few windows and glass doors trying to get in and found themselves surrounded by security with M16s and riot shotguns. They did the spray paint thing again at the dam, tried to break in, and got a little 'scuffed up' trying to evade security. The Public Safety Officers that responded at the dam were a bit less restrained in dealing with them.

At their campsite at the Cherokee National Forest, both times, there were literally dump truck loads of trash and filth that had to be removed. The vehicles they drove to both protests belched more smoke and unburned hydrocarbons than a burning pile of tires. Calling them 'environmentalists' is like calling the SS humanitarians.

On comparing them to Open Carry enthusiasts. The OC people are acting in a legal manner within the law and attempting to both educate and bring about change in law peacefully. The 'environmental' groups are lawless filth that damage and destroy property, use arson and other illegal means to attempt to force their view on others, and are nothing more than terrorist organizations. If you are too blind to see the difference, so be it.

As to my personal opinion of ALF, ELF, Earth First!, and Greenpeace, I would not wipe my backside with their suede tanned hides.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    You would probably catch something incurable wiping with them Mike.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    You would probably catch something incurable wiping with them Mike.

And the simple fact that poop can't be wiped off using a different form of poop.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Since I've had to deal with two of those groups over the years working in nuke power, I'd have to say that your comparison is both ignorant of fact and the comparison poorly chosen.

Let me interject a few facts here. Earth First! protested twice at one nuke plant I worked at and here was the result. They spray painted filth all over a hydro dam, did major damage to equipment at the heavy equipment shop, and tried to break into the training center on the first protest. Those attempting break ins and damaging equipment are extremely lucky they weren't shot on sight; they only got a pop knot or three on their filthy haidbones.

Second protest they tried to break into the training center again. They were joined by a couple of other anti-nuclear power groups. They broke a few windows and glass doors trying to get in and found themselves surrounded by security with M16s and riot shotguns. They did the spray paint thing again at the dam, tried to break in, and got a little 'scuffed up' trying to evade security. The Public Safety Officers that responded at the dam were a bit less restrained in dealing with them.

At their campsite at the Cherokee National Forest, both times, there were literally dump truck loads of trash and filth that had to be removed. The vehicles they drove to both protests belched more smoke and unburned hydrocarbons than a burning pile of tires. Calling them 'environmentalists' is like calling the SS humanitarians.

On comparing them to Open Carry enthusiasts. The OC people are acting in a legal manner within the law and attempting to both educate and bring about change in law peacefully. The 'environmental' groups are lawless filth that damage and destroy property, use arson and other illegal means to attempt to force their view on others, and are nothing more than terrorist organizations. If you are too blind to see the difference, so be it.

As to my personal opinion of ALF, ELF, Earth First!, and Greenpeace, I would not wipe my backside with their suede tanned hides.

Aw come on Mike, tell us how you REALLY feel!!!

:nono:::yikes:"imoit::fan::cool2::beer::applause::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    And the simple fact that poop can't be wiped off using a different form of poop.

Nope! it can't. The stupid thing is all these libtard movements are excrement. They are based on feely goody BS and not science. They all belong in the Nut House.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Aw come on Mike, tell us how you REALLY feel!!!

:nono:::yikes:"imoit::fan::cool2::beer::applause::rotflmao:

No can do. The forum auto censor would reduce it to an unintelligible jumble of unrelated words. And I'd get banned, most likely, for what went through. :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
    No can do. The forum auto censor would reduce it to an unintelligible jumble of unrelated words. And I'd get banned, most likely, for what went through. :roll2:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't resist, but I agree fully. And another stupid thing, if you got banned it would be by people that agree with you.

I am really very sick of this whole LIBTARD movement of trying to save the world. The world doesn't need saving. It's stronger than all the Idiots God put on it. Oh there I go, I used that word GOD. Now I'll probably get banned. :jester:
    What really chaps my buttcheeks the most is that over my years living on the farm I've done more to preserve and nurture the flora and fauna than any hundred of those brain dead, foul smelling, excrement eating, stone cold wastes of protoplasm have ever done in their entire lifetimes.

And hunters and fishermen have done more through taxes, permits, license fees, etc. to promote wildlife and preserve habitat than all the envirowhackos will ever do. And the non game species are directly beneficiaries of that preservation effort. Like the old saying goes, Money Talks, Bull Excrement walks. Just like good little Democraps and communists, the environmentalists talk a lot, but when the plate is passed for donations to preserve things, they are conspicuous by their total absence.
    ― Douglas Adams
    In the words of one of our more outspoken non-PC brethren, Ted Nugent, "Whack 'em and stack 'em!" A very small number of enviro-wackos need to be shot on sight while they're doing their foul deeds. Make examples of a few of them, and the others will think twice before making themselves targets. When there are no consequences for bad behavior, there's no incentive to anyone to act right.
    Jerry
    What really chaps my buttcheeks the most is that over my years living on the farm I've done more to preserve and nurture the flora and fauna than any hundred of those brain dead, foul smelling, excrement eating, stone cold wastes of protoplasm have ever done in their entire lifetimes.

And hunters and fishermen have done more through taxes, permits, license fees, etc. to promote wildlife and preserve habitat than all the envirowhackos will ever do. And the non game species are directly beneficiaries of that preservation effort. Like the old saying goes, Money Talks, Bull Excrement walks. Just like good little Democraps and communists, the environmentalists talk a lot, but when the plate is passed for donations to preserve things, they are conspicuous by their total absence.

Well if these Crap bags ever succeed in outlawing hunting, then people will see where all those dollars have been coming from all these years. It sure hasn't been from Peta.
    One of my favorite comic strips- - - - - - -

000421.gif

LOL!
    :jester:
    Jerry
    ...........The OC people are acting in a legal manner within the law and attempting to both educate and bring about change in law peacefully. The 'environmental' groups are lawless filth that damage and destroy property, use arson and other illegal means to attempt to force their view on others, and are nothing more than terrorist organizations. If you are too blind to see the difference, so be it............
    These enviro-whackos, left-wing commie types are the same people who agitate and/or directly participate in the gang-war mentality of Ferguson, NYC and OWS. They are the heroes of the commie-left and the scourge of the rest of the planet, and they have zero regard for the law. I personally approve of thinning of the leftist herd.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Leader of these bozos is coming here to ask forgiveness, but won't recognize damage done and state that actions were made for the good of the world, so there!; pinko-riddled local justice system is acting slower than usual and hasn't ordered yet to capture the perps, who paraded around the COP20 conference, gave interviews to the local & foreign press, refused to give the name of all those involved in the attack, took selfies with their stupid banner and as epilogue, have apparently already left the country.

Once again, they got away with it 'cause they're the "good guys" and me, the white, male, working gun owner who is the "bad guy" will end up paying the damage with my taxes.....ain't that special? :angry:
    Antonio, being the cynic I am regarding eco-terrorists, I may have an explanation for no one being arrested. If they had been arrested and put on trial it would have given them a lot of free publicity and garnered more donations to their cause from their brain dead drug inebriated unicorn fart smelling **** followers. The liberal news media(is there any other type of news media?) would give them a huge amount of coverage, and disparage the country they were tried in as being evil and vindictive towards the poor little filthy unwashed perpetrators.

All y'all down there will have to pay to repair the damage, and that sucks. But since Greenpeace took credit for it, your country could sue them in the courts, get a hefty payout from them, and leave them with less money for such shenanigans in the future. Their getting sued for damages would garner much less publicity than a criminal trial. Just a thought.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Sadly that's not the case....

Current government is really ruled by the 1st. lady; the president is a mediocre ex-army Commander that got in power promising the classic loony socialist fantasies but once in power, found the cake was too big for his mouth, so having no political apparatus to rule the State, her wife allowed the phony self-proclaimed "technocrats" from the posh left (NGO directors, college teachers, etc.) to rule the country.

Beside the fact that having people that has never really worked a day in their lives govern us (Shooting down our growing economy from a 7%+ year growth to hardly a 2% due to their dumb bureaucratic policies), they also control the judicial system, and therefore will NEVER allow anyone touch a hair of their ideological "comrades", specially if they are foreign and environmental-related. There's a local saying that states "For my friends, anything; for my enemies, the law" that perfectly explain this situation.

In other similar situations, perpetrators were quickly caught, exposed and punished with actual jail time (Last incident involved a couple of Chilean -a locally not so loved nationality- punks that spray-painted an Inca monument and ended up serving at least a year in an awful prison) and later banning from returning to the country. This time the justice is going at snail pace so they can leave the country without problem (Might already happened) and in the end nothing will happen to them. Impunity is really the cancer of our pathetic society, but what makes me really mad is that pedantic pinko fanatic busybodies with an attention deficit disorder and gigantic egos can get away with it.
    It's getting the same here regarding the eco-terrorists and the judicial system. Unless they do actual physical damage via arson, endangering the public, etc., then they pretty much get away with it.

First time that Earth First! protested the nuke plant, they cut down some pine trees to help block the road, and used three of the trunks to make a tripod about 20 ft. high that a protester chained himself to at its peak.

The funny part. They blocked the road into the plant with concrete filled barrels with pipes in the bottom to run dog chains through with loops to put around their wrists. They refused to remove their hands, so the site fire department holed the barrels above the pipe and turned a 2 1/2" line on the contents of the barrels. The wet concrete disintegrated, and the barrels were moved with the 'tards still holding onto the chains; they didn't like it. Getting dragged on the gravel and wet concrete seemed a bit uncomfortable to them.

A pulp wood truck was blocked by the cars they'd abandoned in the road by the protesters. He saw the tripod with the '**** on top, and got his chain saw and headed towards it. The cops had to keep him from cutting the tripod down. :roll2: Firemen used one of our high lifts to get the guy down; one fireman and one cop in the bucket; the guy started to put up a fight, and lost, badly. Don't P.O. a nuke plant fireman! :silly:

Then things got 'interesting'. The ones behind the felled trees started shouting that they were going to shut down construction and put the workers out of work. Now picture this: about 100 scrawny filthy nasty protesters facing about 500 welders, pipefitters, ironworkers, and other assorted craftsmen, and the workers are really mad; no workee, no checkee. The cops were as busy arresting and stuffing the protesters in borrowed cattle trailers as they were keeping the plant workers from stomping the protesters flatter than road killed rabbits. The cops weren't entirely successful in protecting the protesters. Some of them looked pretty bad; it got to be close to a full blown riot at times.

I got to do a 20 hour shift, as my relief couldn't get in at the normal time due to the road being blocked, and the guy for the next shift was late due to the clearing up of debris, and hauling off all the protesters cars blocking the road took a while after the protesters were all rounded up.

Now I'll cut to the chase. All of them arrested went before a judge and were fined, some had to go to trial and got significant jail or prison time, the impound fees on the cars were in most cases higher than the cars were worth, and a few rich parents of the protesters got an education in the action$$$ cost a lot in consequence$$$ thing.

And two years later, the Earth First! group was back.
    ― Douglas Adams