Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

New gun law!

AntonioAntonio Senior MemberPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
According to our perspective & reality, we "won". The fight was hard against busybodies, pinkos, gun grabbers, "chicken littles", the State, corrupt politicians, populace ignorance, lobbyists, commies, etc. etc. but apparently we finally did it yesterday.

Even had to picket twice in front local "BATF" and take legal actions against them, but this showed them they couldn't bully us at will and that we were ready to fight for our rights. 2 years ago a new law was approved and it was very restrictive, prompting a huge increase of the illegal market and violent crime.

According to new rules, among other stuff:

- No limit to number of guns owned for target shooting, hunting or collection (Previous law allowed only 2 for each use). Self-defense allows you to own only 2 but "grandfathers" more if you had them.

- Each gun will be registered and owner will have a document that states this (Kinda like with a car); now only the gun use license will have to be renewed every 3 years. Previous law forced a use license-per-gun to be renewed EVERY YEAR (Like $ 100 per license).

- Collectible guns will have the same treatment as your antiques concept; won't be mandatory deactivated and can be used (And ammo purchased) for recreational/educational purposes. Before that, State could permanently deactivate it without owner's authorization and paperwork was pretty much the same as with a live firearm.

- Only firearms will need a license & registration and individuals can import as part of their luggage any other (Airsoft, CO2, bows, etc.) for personal use without authorization. Previous law considered everything pretty much a firearm and private purchases abroad were banned.

- 2-year amnesty for licenses renewals and registration of unregistered firearms.

- HP & expansive ammo allowed for self-defense use (Handguns only). Previously it was only allowed for hunting with long guns.

- Handguns allowed for hunting purposes. Previous laws banned this.

- Scopes allowed for non-firearms & hunting & target long guns. Before it was only allowed for hunting long guns.

The law still needs the President's signature to be valid and the regulations to be presented by local "BATF" to start working; if commie politicians & gun grabbers don't back-stab us in these last 2 steps (President is in a huge corruption problem now, so he might not even read what he's signing for a while, and members of the "gun crowd" are part of the work group to elaborate the regulations, so they'll put up a fight if needed), I might soon be able to finally carry my Ithaca 1911 .45ACP as CCW (Instead of my current one: A CZ .380ACP) and buy all the guns I want without idiotic restrictions.

Shooting buddy's throwing a BBQ tonight to celebrate....good way of closing the workday week!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good start! Keep pressing for more relaxing of those onerous laws! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    That's great Antonio. Keep us updated
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Hopefully everything gets signed and out to the field without any hassles. Congratulations for standing up for your desires and making them known to the powers that be.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 915 Senior Member
    Great news Antonio, glad you guys have manage to repeal bs gun laws, wish we could have similar luck, and congratulations to you personally on standing up and being counted when it mattered, I don't imagine picketing and fighting those laws would have been a picnic. :applause::beer:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Good news for Ya so far
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Thanks guys; might take from 1 to up to 9 months to finally have it working at 100%; anyway, will probably treat myself with a Zastava .22 rifle or a Yugo Mauser this Xmass to celebrate.

waipapa13 wrote: »
    ...... I don't imagine picketing and fighting those laws would have been a picnic. :applause::beer:

Well....in fact, IT WAS a bit :jester: Bunch of us (Over 100-stong) stood in the sidewalk across of the building chanting and holding allusive banners & signs while giving enough space for pedestrian to keep walking; every 15 minutes one of us would walk to a nearby deli and buy coffee, nice sandwiches, assorted desserts, fruit juices, etc.
    Since I recalled I had my new CZ-455FS license claiming ticket in my wallet and already waited 13 (Yes, THIRTEEN) months for them to give me the OK so I can pick it up from the Army depot where all newly imported firearms are stored, I had to leave the picket lines, cross the street, make my way through the anti-riot police lines (Who were amazed by the politeness and order of the protesters; some even shared a few sodas with the organizers talking to the commanding Officers) and enter the building, among the "boos!" and hisses of my fellow protestors. 10 minutes later I reappeared and standing in the middle of the street, triumphantly raised my freshly-issued license to the crowd who laughed and cheered.

Couple of sandwiches & an orange juice later while chanting crossed the street, got into my car and off to the office; the rest of the guys stayed the full 2 hours the organizers promised the police to stay protesting and then left. According to the surprised chief of the anti-riot squad, most peaceful protest ever.

And no, none of us was carrying any kind of gun (Not even empty holsters or blade weapons) as an agreement with organizers, who cleverly wanted to show us to the press & public as discrete non-aggressive citizens claiming for their rights. Needless to say, this was a success and everyone asked in place or media felt empathy with our claims.

In the other hand, I was invited a couple of times to host an hour-long public radio show that presented the gun law issue, and although rational and calmed, I was far from being kind to local authorities, debunking all their arguments for tighter controls for law-abiding citizens.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    You may have answered this in previous posts, but what animals are hunted there? I don't know anything about Peru other than it's in S.A..
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 557 Senior Member
    Good luck to you Antonio! And congratulations to your group being able to get your feet in the door for more reasonable gun laws. It's a never ending battle, a lot of one step forward, two steps back. As witnessed by events here in Colorado recently.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    That is truly great sir, keep up the good fight.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    but what animals are hunted there? I don't know anything about Peru other than it's in S.A..

About what animals can be hunted here, you can find Vizcachas (a rabbit sized critter), doves, ducks, deer, european hare, cougar. In the amazon jungle you can also find Ronsocos (a dog sized rodent), Pecaries (a small sized boar ), Jaguar, Tapir (an animal that seems to be midway between a cow and a pig).
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Given the way thins have been in your country as of late, this is very good news. I hope it's just the beginning of the end to the insanity they have imposed on your legal gun owners!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    Darn! You have it better than we do in Maryland. We go through all that every year but all we can manage is to slow our degradation slightly maybe.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    To add something more to Lonewolf's reply:

Fauna that can be hunted is scarce here for a lot of reasons, but probably most are geographical.

Deer (Smaller-sized Whitetail) has almost disappeared from the coastal areas due to human-related causes (Pollution, poaching, urbanization, etc.), only to be found in private hunting land up North ("El Angolo") close to the border with Ecuador.
    Other endemic specie is called "Taruca", a smaller deer only found high u the Andean mountains. Once it was hunted close to "endangerment level" and declared as protected, but due to many reasons including a 15+ years long war against communist terrorists in the Andean region that kept sport hunters away from their habitat and now are back to what can locally be considered as a "healthy population". State hasn't reviewed the protection (Both due to lack of interest & environmentalists pressure) but are being discretely hunted again.

Assorted species of quail are also to be found in Andean valleys, usually nesting in pasture and agricultural land. Main problem is that local peasants have become mistrustful and hostile against any kind of outsiders, even hunters that can reduce the impact in their crops. Basically you have to be known in the area to be allowed to hunt peacefully.

For hunting, best spots in S.A. are Argentina and Chile. Both have good wildlife management and a working private sport hunting industry. In Argentina you can find both native and introduced species (Like Red Deer, wild boar, hares and even Asian water buffalo!) in good numbers,nice hunting lodges and other non-related leisure activities in their cities to make the trip more than a mere hunting voyage.
    Chile has also a thriving sport fishing offering for the outdoorsman; country is closer to an European nation than you can expect for a country in the region, and although in a lesser degree, other activities can be engaged. Sport hunting is not as abundant as in Argentina (With less species available and in smaller numbers), but decent enough and safe.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,591 Senior Member
    Congratulations! Take full advantage of it early and often.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.