Home Main Category Personal Defense

Smith and Wesson

Dr. dbDr. db Senior MemberPosts: 1,541 Senior Member
S&W may need to dump inventory soon. Look for substantial promotions and/or buyer incentives. Hope hope hope!!

Replies

• sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Why you say that?
    Dr. db wrote: »
    S&W may need to dump inventory soon. Look for substantial promotions and/or buyer incentives. Hope hope hope!!
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    ?????��
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,382 Senior Member
    If they want to drop their inventory of revolver idiot lock mechanisms, it would be a start.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    In December 2014, Smith & Wesson Holding announced it was paying $130.5 million for Battenfeld Technologies, a Columbia, Missouri-based designer and distributor of hunting and shooting accessories. The company made the acquisition with the eventual intent to merge all its existing Smith & Wesson, M&P and Thompson Center Arms accessories into a single division.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smith--wesson-holding-corporation-completes-previously-announced-acquisition-of-battenfeld-technologies-inc-300008979.html
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    $130 million is a drop in the bucket these days.

Last year Smith and Wesson holdings made $137 million before taxes, and on their balance sheet, $69 million in cash and $382 million in assets.

"The purchase price for Battenfeld Technologies will be paid using existing cash balances and cash from a $100 million draw on Smith & Wesson's existing line of credit, which has been expanded to $125 million as a result of the company's partial exercise of the accordion feature on that line of credit. Battenfeld Technologies is being acquired from Clearview Capital, a private equity firm based in Connecticut. "

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    There is something with their bonds requiring a particular level of sales, their usual inventory level being about 20 million lower than present, the acquisition of Battenfield raising their debt to income ratio, and a decline in sales as their best salesman, Obama, and saleswoman, Feinstein, are losing steam. Dreams can come true. It can happen to you. When you're young at heart.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    There is something with their bonds requiring a particular level of sales, their usual inventory level being about 20 million lower than present, the acquisition of Battenfield raising their debt to income ratio, and a decline in sales as their best salesman, Obama, and saleswoman, Feinstein, are losing steam. Dreams can come true. It can happen to you. When you're young at heart.

I totally agree with the above statement.

Unless worldwide laws change, we have experienced a two stage over buying spree. US demand is likely to wane for some time in the future.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Isn't that Midway's parent company?

http://www.btibrands.com/

I don't see Midway listed but several other Brands I know.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    S&W has experienced a pretty noticeable drop in stock price lately. It might be a good time to apply the "Buy low- - - -sell high" principle of investing. My BIL is a stock broker, and I've asked him to investigate the wisdom of buying either S&W or Ruger stock as a somewhat long-term investment. Ruger is pretty high right now, but their stock price has been a little more stable than S&W, and Ruger has given a good dividend recently.
    Jerry
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Sounds like wishful thinking on your part, to me. As a stockholder, maybe they will send me a firearm as a dividend, more wishful thinking.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    S&W in my humble opinion has always been somewhat obtuse to customer demand, many people really like the old classic richly blued S&W revolvers even parkerized Military stuff, like WW-ll vintage Victory models or .45 acp revolvers etc.... and they have always been slow and backward to acknowledge that. They leave most of that to Lew Horton's shop...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996