The VTR Scores Again

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,231 Senior Member
This was the last day I was going to be able to hunt in KS for rifle season and about 10:00 made a running shot on this guy at about 100 yards, dropped him in his tracks.

It has been a memorable year in KS for the kids and I. Going to try some European mounts ourselves this year, will post some pics when we get them finished.

2014ks.jpg

heads2014ks.jpg

Replies

  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    Nice going ,today was a rough day to see much moving- looking forward to see your finished mounts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,248 Senior Member
    Very nice. But seriously, you shot those with that triangle barreled lamp post? How can that be.:jester:

    Sako
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    Very nice. But seriously, you shot those with that triangle barreled lamp post? How can that be.:jester:

    Sako

    HAHA - Yep, that ugly Triangular thing has been dropping them for years. Thanks fellas.

    VTRtom2014ks.jpg
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,248 Senior Member
    I actually like that rifle. There is one around here in 22-250 that I have been trying to convince my I need.

    Sako
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    I actually like that rifle. There is one around here in 22-250 that I have been trying to convince my I need.

    Sako

    You hear some complaints from guys about them, and some think they are ugly - There is a bunch in my safe to choose from when it comes to deer hunting and it is always my FIRST choice, the rifle it light, durable, there is no recoil with the built in brake and mine is extremely accurate. You should go for it, I think you would like it.
  • Great OutdoorsGreat Outdoors Member Posts: 216 Member
    very nice- the buck on the left and the buck in the center come from the same daddy- just different years. makes it even nicer. might even be father and son.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    Wow just wow
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    twa wrote: »
    This was the last day I was going to be able to hunt in KS for rifle season and about 10:00 made a running shot on this guy at about 100 yards, dropped him in his tracks.

    It has been a memorable year in KS for the kids and I. Going to try some European mounts ourselves this year, will post some pics when we get them finished.

    2014ks.jpg

    heads2014ks.jpg

    Hey, if it's working for you then you must be doing something right. As Darrel Royal, the old Texas University football coach used to say, "Dance With What Brung You!" I don't care if the barel is oval.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    very nice- the buck on the left and the buck in the center come from the same daddy- just different years. makes it even nicer. might even be father and son.

    My Son and I noticed the similarities on those two bucks as well, definitely from the same gene pool.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hey, if it's working for you then you must be doing something right. As Darrel Royal, the old Texas University football coach used to say, "Dance With What Brung You!" I don't care if the barel is oval.

    No doubt about it Snake, I have more confidence with that gun than any other gun in the safe.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Nicely done. Pretty buck!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Well done, you had a good bone year.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    Nice buck! Pretty one too....We had REALLY crappy weather over this way, what was it like over there?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    Beautiful buck with a lot of great mass!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Nice buck! Pretty one too....We had REALLY crappy weather over this way, what was it like over there?


    It was really foggy just south of emporia. I got all turned around first thing in the am. I walked about 1/2mile in the wrong direction! I was shocked when I looked on my phones Gps. I got a good work out this am.

    Thanks for all the nice replies fellas I am really happy with this buck.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.