First Pistol Blood

Hondo341Hondo341 MemberPosts: 448 Member

Finally got first pistol kill. It has been a long time coming. Hadn't been in my stand for 45 minutes when a sounder of 5 walked out 130 yds away. Had my T/S Encore 7mm-8. Went about 10 feet and layed down. 130 lbs.
"People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,772 Senior Member
    Very nice!!!

Welcome to the Forum. Nice entry.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    He ain't new... just a long time lurker. :tooth: I had to help him sling that thing in the back of his truck.

About time you hit something with one of yer pistols! :cool2:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    Congratulations
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Yeap Ole Jeeper was there to help load her. Nothing better than good hunting with good friends.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,009 Senior Member
    Congrats :worthy: and welcome :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,769 Senior Member
    Congrats. I got my first pistol kill this year as well
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    It is the best. I will be going a lot of practice with revolvers. I will take my rifle when the freezer is empty, but I really enjoy the handgun part.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,576 Senior Member
    Congrats and welcome, nice hog.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Nice pig.

Welcome aboard no matter what Jeeper has to say.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Good looking pig. Welcome aboard.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Good pig! Welcome to the forum. Do you live in "God's Country, Don't Drive Through it Like Hell." Or are you just channeling John Wayne?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Hondo341 wrote: »

Finally got first pistol kill. It has been a long time coming. Hadn't been in my stand for 45 minutes when a sounder of 5 walked out 130 yds away. Had my T/S Encore 7mm-8. Went about 10 feet and layed down. 130 lbs.

Good shooting. Nice pig. Now I want to do it with my .357 Mag S&W. I've had it too long not to have scored with it yet.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    He ain't new... just a long time lurker. :tooth: I had to help him sling that thing in the back of his truck.

About time you hit something with one of yer pistols! :cool2:

Luis

Yeah, I think I've seen him post before. Good on you both.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Nice pork shooting!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Congratulations on your score, well done. That is about the best eating size, plenty of meat, without the strong taste. Welcome to the forum, keep yer powder dry.........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,100 Senior Member
    Superb!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"