Home Main Category Personal Defense

Do stupid stuff- - - -pay stupid consequences!

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
Shot dead over a pair of shoes- - - - -Darwinism at its finest! I wonder what kind of shoes they're going to bury the kid in? His buddies need to be charged with murder, or at least "accessory"!

http://news.yahoo.com/police-teen-dies-over-possible-athletic-shoe-envy-220134343.html

At least the CCW carrier was a good shot!
Jerry

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    They picked the wrong person. Oops!

heh heh
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    They confirmed the juvenile robbers had a gun. Armed robbery for a pair of shoes?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    But he was a GOOD kid....just getting his life together....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Sorry, pal. That's outta line. Honest.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    samzhere wrote: »

I got no issue with it. He was robbing people for shoes. He's scum, now dead scum, and we're better off for it.

Death isn't always tragedy.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

He was planning on wearing the shoes to look for work....
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    I got no issue with it. He was robbing people for shoes. He's scum, now dead scum, and we're better off for it.

It's OK....Sam was responding to a post I deleted....then I had to edit Sam's post or there wouldn't have been any point in deleting what I deleted.....it's confusing but it's a moderator thing and confusing is the mod squads middle name.....
    The longer I'm away from the urban, inner-city environment, the more this behavior puzzles me....I mean, we saw a lot of similar stupid crap back in MI....you would have thought, that by this time, the word would have got out to even the dullest of these cretins that there are a LOT of people out there legally packing guns who don't take kindly to being robbed....are they from another planet? another weird parallel dimension? I mean who the hell pulls a gun somebody for a pair of shoes?
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Google "Confessions of a Public Defender."

This essay tells you everything you need to know about today's "urban child."

It's frank. Well written and it's premise is difficult to dispute.

It's why we are facing a dilemma that can only be solved through conflict.

The menace is out of hand.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    The coroner Monday identified him as Jawaad Jabbar

Sounds like a name for a real MENSA member to me

Isn't that a guy in Star Wars?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I hope they gave him a I can't breath T shirt.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member

Darwin's initial assessment was correct!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member

Wow! Talk about 'going off the reservation.' I didn't think there was a liberal anywhere in the wide world that would report such experiences.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    If O'bummer had a son, he'd look like Jawaad Jabbar. And he'd be room temperature as well.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,691 Senior Member
    From acticle....
    The adult shopper's identity wasn't released immediately.

Nor should it...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    JasonMPD wrote: »

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker

Quote Originally Posted by samzhere

Jayhawker explained it but I want to comment... Jason, what happened is that someone posted a racially oriented comment. I think that we're above such and therefore I complained that the poster was out of line.

But then, the racist post was deleted by the mod, so that gap was filled with Jayhawker's comment, about which I had zero complaints. But the now-deleted post was what I was complaining about. And no, I didn't file a complaint w.. the mods. Apparently I wasn't the only one who disliked the comment and so it got deleted. Which led to your post, Jason.

I first heard about the "confessions" post from a local conservative talkshow host Mike Berry.

And you're right -- it's an excellent article and on the point.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hey, Rahm Emmanuel's son got mugged across the street from the mayor's home. Makes ya wonder what the kid was doing interacting with a bunch of Chicago street thugs! :roll:
    Jerry
    OK....I'm sorry...I've been setting on this since the shooters name was announced....I just have to....

"Hey Bob! You just shot Ja Waad"

That is all....couldn't help myself....I'll go stand in the corner now....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    This isn't the only death from Air Jordans being stolen. I remember at least one a few years ago; the company announced the new shoes, kid went in and got a pair, and got killed shortly thereafter for the shoes. If I remember correctly, he was stabbed to death.

This isn't the one I'm thinking of, but it happened in Houston, TX.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Cops-Shooting-crash-tied-to-Air-Jordan-XI-shoe-4138291.php
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,379 Senior Member

As for being in the position of being able to discuss race without being branded a racist, the guy is well placed. Sadly, things of this nature become stereotypes because THEY ARE TRUE. The feral upbringing coupled with the sense of entitlement is an ugly combination that's only going to be solved from within that community. The leader to bring that about, however, has not made an appearance yet. When the below seems to be a common attitude, you know we have problems.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    As for being in the position of being able to discuss race without being branded a racist, the guy is well placed. Sadly, things of this nature become stereotypes because THEY ARE TRUE. The feral upbringing coupled with the sense of entitlement is an ugly combination that's only going to be solved from within that community. The leader to bring that about, however, has not made an appearance yet. When the below seems to be a common attitude, you know we have problems.
    That is a photoshopped image.

hqrbmrhxzyzta7ufcgqd.jpg
    I'm just here for snark.
    And here's yet another thug who picked the wrong person to rob. This guy entered a private home during Christmas celebrations, had a gun.

But the homeowner had a gun too, and was a better shot. Score: Homeowner 1, Thug 0 (a big fatal zero) This seems to be the outcome more and more here in Texas, and hopefully in other places as well. Citizens are thankfully defending themselves with greater success:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Homeowner-fatally-shoots-suspect-in-southwest-5978790.php
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Riots and protests over police killing minorities is nothing new, but Obama, Holder, Jessie and Al aren't doing anything to help the situation. Everytime one of them opens their mouth it fans the flames and here we go again. These guys could help despoil this kind of crap, but no, we couldn't have that because it wouldn't further their agenda.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Here is yet another case that really disturbs me. A guy was shooting at people leaving a bar. The cops showed up, he pointed his gun at the cops, and he was shot dead as would be the correct response for anyone pointing a gun at an armed defender.

And yet, 100 thugs show up and throw rocks and stuff at the cops. And this is Texas City, a very conservative area of the greater Houston region.

I'm telling you, the result of this will eventually be the cops just "forgetting" to show up or just sitting and watching, and letting drunk idiotic thugs shoot innocent people. And I can hardly blame them. We'll eventually be reduced to the old days, taking the law into our own hands.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-City-officer-fatally-shoots-gunman-5979881.php
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

That is an extremely disturbing read.

I would normally say thank you but I do not think I wanted my own thoughts confirmed so precisely.
    shush wrote: »
    That is an extremely disturbing read.

I would normally say thank you but I do not think I wanted my own thoughts confirmed so precisely.

Disturbing is correct, and whether factual? I wish it were not, but per most of my experience, sadly, yes.

And I know similar problems exist in the UK, perhaps not so prevalent.

Thing is, such an environment is self-perpetuating and it may be generations before it's erased.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    100 thugs show up and throw rocks and stuff at the cops.

Drop the first rock-thrower in his tracks- - - - -then yell "NEXT!" An AR-15 set to Rock and Roll would be the appropriate weapon.

I'll be the crowd dissipates in record time.
    Jerry
    All of this stuff is very bad, this time around, and the fires are being fueled daily from a lack of competent leadership. Our president has done more to exacerbate the problem than solve it, with all of his ambiguous posturing, and one cannot help but believe that, to him, this just another opportunity to divide the country, as he and his Attorney General have done on so many other issues.

There has always been racial strife, and much of it has been, at the very least, understandable. But what makes it so bad, this time, is that white folks do not understand it, because there is no clear-cut injustice at the heart of it. This current trouble was not brought on because people wearing sheets were mistreating some nice person who was minding his own business. This time, it has been 'ginned up' by community organizers, using questionable incidents, and involving obvious criminals. Forty years ago, white folks instinctively knew that black folks were responding to injustices, because most had seen some of it for themselves at some time in their life. That is not present this time, and even people who have always been sympathetic to minorities on past issues are bothered by it, maybe for the first time ever. This is creating a much sharper racial divide than past incidents, with much less sympathy for the cause, outside of black communities. That means that the radicals are going to be running the show, on both sides, and that is never good.

This can spread to every major city, if some honest leadership doesn't kick in pretty soon in the black communities. I just hope it hasn't gone so far, already, that the thinkers among them are afraid to speak out to the folks who will actually still listen. I just can't believe that every black person thinks that these recent police 'issues' are the right issues to use, to air their grievances. There is an old saying - something to the effect that to be a successful 'crusader,' you have to be able to choose 'which hill to die on.' This is the wrong hill, in my opinion.
    Hope springs eternal.

I've seen more bullying incidents with kids, locally, but haven't seen problems with adults much. Of course, I don't get out that much, lately.