First Pheasant Hunt with my Daughter

2»

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    I met the guy next door, finally. He's cool. Also, a hunter. Should be able to hunt his place for bunnies, too. Lots of spots to hit, close.
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    On an average summer night there are 6-10 rabbits in my yard, but where he hunts............ not so much. If the winter stays mild it will help. Lots of predators too.... crow, hawk, ****, skunk, canine and feline. Couple places we have hunted, if you see a cat , you have to shoot it if you want to come back.

Good info, fellas. Joe B - I'll have to come out for a day to do some shooting with you and we'll see what's what with the rabbit hunt. Time is getting short for this season, so I'll let you know as soon as I can when I can make it out that way. Joe P - you going to be down that way anytime soon?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Awesome hunt and definitely a great memory for both of you. Way to go dad!

It was fantastic, if for no other reason than my daughter seeing that the dog actually "works" as a hunting method. Ever since, she's been asking if I'm going pheasant hunting anytime she sees me moving guns or hunting gear around the house.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    It is cool when they get interested. Mine is 18 and in college with a job. She said she is going to try archery because she was only able to get into the woods for one hour this year and was asking about flintlock season.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    Agreed, Varmintmist. A friend of mine has a 6 year-old who I know for a fact is hooked on the outdoors. Hehas had her out for grout stockings at his local lakes, dove season opener, duck season opener, and just shot a deer during muzzleloader season with her over Christmas. She NEVER wants him leaving for the woods without her now. I hope my daughter turns out the same way as yours and his.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,466 Senior Member
    Depends on the day. I work four on and four off......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
2»