Home Main Category General Firearms

Santa's a bit late with this one, but I'll live!

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,536 Senior Member
My fiancé told me that I have a Magnetospeed V3 in the mail. It was back ordered wherever she got it from and got the shipping confirmation email this morning. It'll be here on/about the 30th. I'm duly excited!

Range report as soon as I burn some powder over it!
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,861 Senior Member
    :up:

I'm still waiting for my Caldwell, smartphone enabled chrony that was SUPPOSED to be in-stock/shipped 12/6 but is now listed as "overdue" :cuss:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    My fiancé told me that I have a Magnetospeed V3 in the mail. It was back ordered wherever she got it from and got the shipping confirmation email this morning. It'll be here on/about the 30th. I'm duly excited!

Range report as soon as I burn some powder over it!

Sounds like a something with a magnet with variable speed..........what is it?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,861 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Sounds like a something with a magnet with variable speed..........what is it?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Magnetospeed+V3
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Cool Electromagnetic sensors ...............bullet cuts through magnetic lines of force and the difference is measured from point A to B sensors and it calculates the velocity, in a nutshell description.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Wonder if it would work on a .50 BMG? :uhm: :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Cool Electromagnetic sensors ...............bullet cuts through magnetic lines of force and the difference is measured from point A to B sensors and it calculates the velocity, in a nutshell description.

Yup.

MagnetoSpeed1.jpg?230

It's un-effected by high velocity gases.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,532 Senior Member
    I have one and really like it for my rifles.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    cpj wrote: »
    Not a fan of the design, but they are supposed to be accurate. If one had a muzzle brake with holes on the bottom, methinks that would be bad.

I have no muzzle brake like that, but I'd actually be willing to bet it's been considered by the company already. It's very narrow there which means little surface area for the gases to act on. Probably just soots it all up.
    981754.jpg

Stock photo from Magnetospeed.
    Not a fan of the design, but they are supposed to be accurate. If one had a muzzle brake with holes on the bottom, methinks that would be bad.

I've run 360 degree brakes over mine without issue.

Biggest plus factor for me...swapping the unit from gun to gun without needing a cold range to walk out and adjust an optical chronograph.
    Spelling. It's like reading. Fundamental.

BAM.

Damnit. You beat me on the edit.

Snooze.......lose...........and all that jazz.
    Spelling. It's like reading. Fundamental.

BAM.

Damnit. You beat me on the edit.

He could beat you on something tangible, not an intangible "edit". He could beat you "to" the edit, however.

:tooth:
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Oh, how I am blessed to have a 355 yard range 5 minutes from my house. One where I can shoot by flashlight, if needed. And one where calling "cold range" can include some sarcastic ass hat comment to my buddy that owns it. "Hey ass face, quit shooting. I need to change the target."

Yes you are blessed. I have to drive an hour, and end up taking so much to test I rarely do as thorough job as I should. I can not wait to move out of the city.
    MidwayUSA needs to re-evaluate shipping estimators. They claim 12/30/14 (today), but UPS tracking number says 1/3/15. Dumb...I'll be working when it arrives.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member

He must have stock in the company that sells replacement skyscreens.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Oh, how I am blessed to have a 355 yard range 5 minutes from my house. One where I can shoot by flashlight, if needed. And one where calling "cold range" can include some sarcastic ass hat comment to my buddy that owns it. "Hey ass face, quit shooting. I need to change the target."

Yeah I can only do a 100 if I go out by the barn and make sure nobody comes out the back door.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct