Home Main Category General Firearms

Gots me some girly guns!

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Picked up a couple of girly guns today. I came across an STI Electra in .45 that was like new and a Kel-Tec PMR30 in .22 WMR which I have been wanting for a while.

The PMR is the newest version which is supposed to have all the bugs worked out except for where to find ammo. I do have about 800 rounds laying around so I'll be good for a little while.

The STI is sweet and feels great in the hand; I know I already had the Ultra carry but since I have this sickness for 1911's and the reviews are good on the Electra soooo....

50A1D28F-357C-4CFC-BF06-A3ED8425F690_zps4otdmsgs.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I love the slide serrations on the STI. The billboard writing, not so much.

Yeah, I could live with out that too! Not too fond of the grips either but those can change.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,518 Senior Member
    Cute.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee wrote: »
    Cute.

Thanks, you too!:wink:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Why are they girly
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    All you lack is a .327.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    All you lack is a .327.
    Kid, go stand in the corner!!!!!!
    NN wrote: »
    Why are they girly

Well the PMR is just a .22

Here is some info from the STI website about the Elektra
    Originally designed both by and for the ladies, the STI Elektra is a compact aluminum framed pistol with everything anyone needs in a backup pistol along with the elegance to carry it with pride.

When STI came up with the Shadow, they received a very positive response but some of the ladies at the factory wanted to do a version with more of a woman’s touch. Their discussions and suggestions led to the creation of the Elektra- a light weight pistol that looks as good as it shoots. The resulting pistols can be carried by anyone with a more discriminating aesthetic.
    All you lack is a .327.

I said girly not gay! :rotflmao:
    timc wrote: »
    Well the PMR is just a .22

Here is some info from the STI website about the Elektra
    Ay 23 oz I figure you will know you shot something with that .45
    I said girly not gay! :rotflmao:
    You can go to your room, too.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Neat looking girls guns.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    PMR-30 girly? A .22Mag is not girly, that thing BARKS! And 30 rounds of it ... that little beast is going to be a blast! As to STI I'd say more of a BBQ type than girly and CPJ is right about the billboard but damn if most 1911s have gone that direction. Girly, neither are that ... nice pick ups!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,236 Senior Member
    Nice pick ups, you will really enjoy the PMR30. I would not consider these girly gun, do you plan on putting pink grips on them? :jester:
    twa wrote: »
    Nice pick ups, you will really enjoy the PMR30. I would not consider these girly gun, do you plan on putting pink grips on them? :jester:

Not unless the wife takes it from me. She is already eyeing the PMR30
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,394 Senior Member
    Pink is the new black.

Nice lookin' guns!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba wrote: »
    Pink is the new black.

Nice lookin' guns!

I would loose both for sure if the STI was pink!
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,228 Senior Member
    We need to come up with a good method to fill in the billboard stamping on slides. Some have luck melting what amounts to crayons in the grooves?
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,624 Senior Member
    Looking forward to a report on the PM 30. I've seen these and handled them but haven't seen a report. I liked the sights a lot.

Ammo is problematical where I live. I had one of those Mini Mags or whatever they were called, AMT, I believe. It shot about five inches high at 50 yards. It never jammed, but I got fire from the receiver a couple of times making me wonder if it wasn't firing out of battery. It was/is a pretty desirable gun and I didn't lose money on it.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I just love the smell of .22 magnum burnt powder............the aroma is a pleasure I look forward to as I suck it into my nostrils as it swirls outta the chamber from my Marlin 883 after I open the bolt ........................:tooth:

Nice finds BTW. :guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I like that Elektra, minus the grips.

Ordered new grips, backstrap/magwell and ambi safety for it last night; that should get it to my liking.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Nice! Range report on the PMR 30 please!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Gene L wrote: »
    Looking forward to a report on the PM 30. I've seen these and handled them but haven't seen a report. I liked the sights a lot.
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Nice! Range report on the PMR 30 please!

Luis

Hopefully I can get out next weekend to do some shooting. I'm looking forward to trying both of these out!

Range report to follow...
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    Enjoy the PMR-30. Don't be embarrassed when you ask yourself "is there still more left in the mag?"

The one tip I have is make sure you rap & tap the mag every 5 rounds, or so, while loading. At first 25 will feel tight. I've dented a few .22wmr casings trying to put 25+ in before the mag spring loosens up.

I enjoy my PMR-30. Let us know how yours fairs.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    The PMR is a bulky mega capacity 22. Now the Electra sounds like a by women for women kind of thing at least till they shoot it. The first law of physics is a small light gun in a major caliber is not going to be fun to shoot. Except for recoil junkies and such.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member
    nice score mi amigo :yousuck:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

HvyMax wrote: »
    The PMR is a bulky mega capacity 22. Now the Electra sounds like a by women for women kind of thing at least till they shoot it. The first law of physics is a small light gun in a major caliber is not going to be fun to shoot. Except for recoil junkies and such.

I wouldn't expect it to be any more recoil then my ULtra Carry Kimber and it is not too bad on the recoil side.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    I wouldn't expect it to be any more recoil then my ULtra Carry Kimber and it is not too bad on the recoil side.

recoil on the PMR-30? nope. its quite soft
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
    Rimfire wrote: »
    recoil on the PMR-30? nope. its quite soft

LOL... No I was talking about the STI!