Home Main Category General Firearms

What a difference a Sear makes

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
Put my volquartsen target sear in my 22/45. Holy cow, what a difference in the trigger pull. I estimate it is half the pull weight from before. It's probably no more than 2-2.5 lbs now at resets very fast. As fast as I could pull the trigger it was firing. Also did the Tandemkross slingshot mod which works great and the Williams fire sights are a big improvement over the stock sights. Very bright in overcast skies. Mag bumpers are great also. It's like a new gun.

I'm very pleased with all these mods, need to zero the sights tomorrow and I'm ready to kick some butt in next weeks match.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Good triggers are HUGE....good luck at the match
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,702 Senior Member
    I've been considering doing some work to my 22/45 MKIII, but it shoots so well already I'm not too keen to mess with success.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Awesome, glad it turned out nice. Makes me want to get to work on my 1022 trigger.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Awesome, glad it turned out nice. Makes me want to get to work on my 1022 trigger.

I'd never put up with a stock 10/22 trigger again.......DO IT
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I've been considering doing some work to my 22/45 MKIII, but it shoots so well already I'm not too keen to mess with success.

I think it made a great gun greater.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Pics of the new sights? I need to do a set on my 22/45 and Williams is actually my LGS. Also considering the same sear you did and also a trigger job on my savage but have a couple of other projects ahead of those 2.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I put a Volq sear in one of my 10/22s and it's night and day better than my other one.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,647 Senior Member
    In my new MkIII Target the trigger went from 4+lbs. to 1.9 with a Volquartsen sear.....awesome upgrade!