Home Main Category General Firearms

2015 Wants

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
Zee's post asking what we got in 2014 got me thinking what's next? Myself I think my next purchase will be another single six so I can shoot cowboy class at my local rimfire matches. After that I'm not sure. Perhaps a 1911 or a coach gun for SASS. I do know I want some optics, a trigger or two (AR and 15-22) and maybe building up my 10-22 with some aftermarket stuff.

Anyone plan any good purchases this year?
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    .223 bolt gun
    .300 Win Mag, or 30-06 "hunting weight" bolt gun(the heavy barrels get a little old to haul around at this point.)
    .416 Ruger (maybe still mulling this one)
    Glock 19
    Mossberg 590 18 1/2 inch
    300 AAC upper
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,518 Senior Member
    I still have an itch for a longer barreled .357 Magnum. All I currently have is a 4" GP-100 and a snub nosed 340 M&P.

I haven't fully decided if I want a revolver or another barrel for my Contender. When the smoke clears, I'll decide.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,410 Senior Member
    I might break down and get a 73' this year.....don't really need one other that they are the coolest thing out there. I think an actual carbine 20" and a carbine butt stock/plate. Caliber? Hummm."...........38wcf, maybe but probably 45 colt I have bazillions of cases and loading supplies for a 45 colt.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    I have always wanted a 38-55 or 40-64, preferably in a high wall, but I could settle for a lever action. Just a thought, I have a #1 Ruger in .270 Winchester, that I don't use, I wonder if it could be re-bored to 38-55? Robin :rotflmao:
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,410 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    I have always wanted a 38-55 or 40-64, preferably in a high wall, but I could settle for a lever action. Just a thought, I have a #1 Ruger in .270 Winchester, that I don't use, I wonder if it could be re-bored to 38-55? Robin :rotflmao:
    A 30" octagon barrel in 38-55 what's not to love!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Not too much this year for guns. I definitely want to tweak what i have. I want to do some work on the PSL dialing it in just a little more, Trigger job on my savage, build my M92 SBR when my stamp comes back.

As far as guns
    TTC
    LCR
    Yugo or Russian SKS
    Mosin 91/59
    Mosin 91/30 Sniper
    another Glock 19
    Savage FVSR
    Maybe a .17 HMR

If i find a good deal I will grab another RPK and a 7.62x54 VEPR.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    I'm actually hoping to downsize, and use the money to upgrade some of my current guns. Aside from that I want to get into reloading and put money back for a hopeful antelope hunt.

However, we'll see what deals come my way. A .38 Super 1911 would be neat.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Still got the itch for a thumper bolt rifle; something like 9.3x62 maybe .338 Lapua
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    I'll know it when I see it.....LOL

old and undervalued are my usual requirements
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,125 Senior Member
    Going to sell my left handed Rock River and get a HD upper for my new Rock River.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Definitely a Ruger American Rimfire bolt gun, and maybe a Mossberg MVP in .223. Nothing expensive.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    .45-70....but finding one here that hasn't been used to beat animals to death by holding the barrel is near impossible..and price is out of this world to order one.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    More interested in culling the herd than getting anything new. I got a bunch that need to go.
    I won't be buying any, but will be building at least two rifles, and maybe 3-4 single shot pistols.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Less rain
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,757 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    I have always wanted a 38-55

I just sent my .38-55 High Wall down the road a few months back....I had not been using it all that much and it had become something of a safe queen - and then some guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 752 Senior Member
    I have got to get a lever gun or I just might burst! Of course once I do, I'll need the revolver to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a Marlin 1894 and a S&W 686 are what you need!
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 752 Senior Member
    I need a Marlin 1895 in .45-70 and maybe a Ruger LCR n .357
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »

That's me too......
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 827 Senior Member
    Lots of love for the 45-70 so far, I'm about to jump onto that bandwagon by trading my '97 Winchester for store credit on a Pedersoli trapdoor Springfield, I'd also like to bite the bullet and shell out for a left handed CZ lux in 22lr or an integrally suppressed 10/22, both cost the same so it's a tough decision, my 22 hornet uberti rolling block should have cleared customs by the end of January so I suppose that counts too.

Also want to eventually get a stock for the trapdoor from Tree bone gun stocks, probably in maple, his stocks are gorgeous :drool2:
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,311 Senior Member
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    The simple answer is almost all of them. Since that presents some financial challenges, I'll start with a 1911. Probably an STI, but Kimber and Colt are possibilities as well. After that, whatever trips my trigger when I have the money in my pocket.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »

They sure are proud of their guns. They look nice but not cheap. I noticed they have an Evil Roy pistol. He is cashing in on his SASS success, Henry has an Evil Roy .22 carbine out too.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,419 Senior Member
    Time to shoot.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,759 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »

:that:
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,759 Senior Member
    waipapa13 wrote: »
    Lots of love for the 45-70 so far, I'm about to jump onto that bandwagon by trading my '97 Winchester for store credit on a Pedersoli trapdoor Springfield, I'd also like to bite the bullet and shell out for a left handed CZ lux in 22lr or an integrally suppressed 10/22, both cost the same so it's a tough decision, my 22 hornet uberti rolling block should have cleared customs by the end of January so I suppose that counts too.

Also want to eventually get a stock for the trapdoor from Tree bone gun stocks, probably in maple, his stocks are gorgeous :drool2:

You will LOVE a trapdoor. I have two, an original rifle and a carbine and they are my favorite shooters. It's amazing how well a couple of 130 year old rifles can shoot!
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member
    Really in no particular order...

Square away one more AR upper, non-556.

Lever gun in something that thumps.

But additions are subject to change without notice... oh a .338 Norma. :tooth:
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,048 Senior Member
    While we are talking about 'wants'............I just want the gun grabbers to go away............

Got about as much chance of that as Jessica Alba walking up to my front door...........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    My plans for this year are to build a missing link matchlock blunderbus and maybe build out an AR or two. I have a few other scratch builds in the planning stages. Maybe a 50bmg pistol upper for one of my steel AR lowers. Oh yeah an MPA mini9 is definitely on my to build list.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,125 Senior Member
    Uh-oh....... they're having a sale. Might not make it to 2015!

HS0513.gif
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson