Home Main Category General Firearms

2015 Wants

2»

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I really want time to start a couple of projects I have floating around in my head. The materials to finish those projects are scope bases, scopes, Devcon, a new stock.
    Actual gun wants are a 1911, at least one more AR lower and just one more upper, maybe two, a lever gun. A .22 revolver would be ok as well. That should keep me busy until sixteen, probably have some left over to start for seed.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    I really overbought in 2014 while trying to reduce my long guns and my redundant handguns. Don't need 2 or 3 of the same manufacturer and model. I will be looking for a Wilson or maybe another Baer 1911 in 2015. Hard to find one at what I consider a reasonable price. I wouldn't normally bother as my expertise shooting paper with a handgun needs a lot of practice to compete but after shooting my 70 series Gold Cup safe queen the other day, I realized my shots improved drastically. I want to see if a Wilson might help a bit more. I'm not holding my breath though as prices stay high for used ones.

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Just like this year, I have NO FREAKING IDEA what the hell is next.
    Exactly :agree:

I can't tell you what it's going to take to scratch an "itch" some time next year, that hasn't started itching yet :nono:

One of the TCM22 1911s MIGHT start a serious itch, though to be completely honest, 2016 and beyond will probably have more purchases in store once I finish school and get back to working full time.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Just like this year, I have NO FREAKING IDEA what the hell is next. I approach gun buying the same way I go through life, with a totally blank mind :tooth:

Once you hit the SE NC area you'll need a membership ... http://www.yeoldegunclub.com/membership/
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,125 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Uh-oh....... they're having a sale. Might not make it to 2015!

HS0513.gif

I am weak.................... on the way
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I have got to get a lever gun or I just might burst! Of course once I do, I'll need the revolver to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a really nice used Marlin 1895 in 45-70 today for 500.00. If only I had the money I would have snatched it up.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Nuts, lever guns again! There's that nice little Henry .22 with the octagon barrel.....
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Just like this year, I have NO FREAKING IDEA what the hell is next. I approach gun buying the same way I go through life, with a totally blank mind :tooth:
    If you don't care where you are going you can never get lost.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    cpj wrote: »
    Price?

$600... free shipping, free rear sight. Exactly what I wanted...... except charging handle.

That's about $210 off
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member
    $600... free shipping, free rear sight. Exactly what I wanted...... except charging handle.

That's about $210 off
    :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,410 Senior Member
    Minding my own business at my LGS and the manager said " I got something coming you will like" ( he knows me way too well. He is one of the guys I went elk hunting with last past fall) oh yea I sais "a little Ruger single seven..... With a 4 5/8 barrel" Awe crap, best laid plans right? I let one got a while back and it's been gnawing on me since, not this one.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,569 Senior Member

That's about $210 off

Nice!!
    jbohio wrote: »
    Nice!!

And........... the new RRA I just got from my wife has a chrome bolt group and a extended charging handle. I can sell the ones in the upper for bout $100. Get me down to $500......
    cpj wrote: »
    Good deal, but still 'spensive.
    But I'm a cheap ass

IDK...... free float handguard, flip front and a rear sight, no shipping. Can't find a comparable for that, and it's a RRA!

I'm not to keen on buying ones off Gunbroker that someone has assembled. Heck, for all I know Buff put it together....
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,823 Senior Member
    Several on the grail list that carry over year to year that fall into the scarce as hens teeth category. realistically this year I hope to acquire:
    S&W model 14 8 3/8"
    Uberti Schofield in 38 spl and or 45 colt
    H&R target classic in 38-55
    Not particularly hard to find but money and opportunity seldom coincide.

Sako
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    i Don't Have any plans to buy anything new. However, I am Going to get 2 tuned. As soon as Twisted Industries releases a .22lr conversion kit for my LC9s, I'll be ordering it.

I'll likely begin the selling off process in 2015.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Keep me posted.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Close enough to me too.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,569 Senior Member
    And........... the new RRA I just got from my wife has a chrome bolt group and a extended charging handle. I can sell the ones in the upper for bout $100. Get me down to $500......

I put Badger Tac latches in mine. Work well. I might know a guy for the bcg...
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I still have an itch for a longer barreled .357 Magnum. All I currently have is a 4" GP-100 and a snub nosed 340 M&P.
    Is there a particular length that you'll focus on, or might you be open to anything?

For me, my focus this year will be on a compact carry sidearm. I've avoided them up to this point because I couldn't find any that felt comfortable enough to invest time in, but there's been some great ergonomic improvements over time and I've now found a few that I think would work for me.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Keep me posted.
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Close enough to me too.

Yup. VA & MD members get first dibs. MD would have to go through FFL.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
    I am weak.................... on the way

It did finally get here....... Maybe by spring I'll get to shoot them.

IMG_20150123_110553859_HDR_zps5967f704.jpg?t=1421943395
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    This year I'm selling a bunch of of guns.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,348 Senior Member
    I want a lever action rifle made in New Haven or North Haven.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Other than what's already in the hopper I plan on mostly just getting things squared away.. I need a few scopes, probably a bipod.
    But I know how I am. Cravings are easily flung upon me.

My elderly neighbor just scored a nickled Vaquero in .45C. If the barrel length is good I'm gonna try to buy it from him.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    It did finally get here....... Maybe by spring I'll get to shot them.

IMG_20150123_110553859_HDR_zps5967f704.jpg?t=1421943395

Nice!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    I plan to sell a bunch, but I want an over and under shotgun with 12, and 20 gauge uppers.

I also need to buy my first 1911. I own nothing in .45 acp.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I was at an LGS tonight just looking and I saw a nice .22 hanging on the wall. Could not see the tag well but saw model Win 63. It looked like the price said 179. Huummm I said to myself. Turns out it was 1799. opps. Mint 70 yr old guns don't sell for 179 I guess. I did handle a new Win 1892(?) in .357 for 1299.00, I'm spoiled now. Compared to the Rossis or Marlins I've handled, it was a much smoother action. I want it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician