Home Main Category General Firearms

Palmettto State Armory uppers question

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,490 Senior Member
They're running a sale on stripped uppers. My question is, does anyone know if the uppers have M4 feed ramps or not? The website doesn't say one way or another.
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    All the ones that I've seen (perhaps 6) do have the M4 feed ramps.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Okay. Interesting....

I can get a blemished PSA upper plus upper parts and upper action block, or I can get an assembled Aero precision upper.

Getting it from PSA would be a little less expensive.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    PSA blem uppers and blem lowers are 39.99 and 49.99, but Brownells has factory firsts Bushmaster M4 match uppers for $49.00 and matching Bushmaster stripped lowers for $49.00. For $10 I would go with Brownells.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    1. The blemishes are cosmetic. Which is fine because I'm going to Aluma-hyde the rifle.
    2. Shipping. Turns a $10 difference into about $18. Not huge, but at that rate, I could get the Aero upper, assembled, and the block from PSA for just a little more. And not have to worry about putting the pins and such in the upper.

I'm not worried about the lower, as I already have one sitting in my safe. Needs parts.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,846 Senior Member
    Okay. Interesting....

I can get a blemished PSA upper plus upper parts and upper action block, or I can get an assembled Aero precision upper.

Getting it from PSA would be a little less expensive.
    Define "a little less" please.

Depending on which barrel you're looking at, if the difference is <$100, the quality of the barrel could very well be worth the "little" more IMO. Also depends on what you're wanting to do with it. Building a LR, HD rifle or range toy?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Sub -$10, IIRC. Range toy. The thing is, I really need to settle on a barrel first, I think. Probably ought to go ahead and buy it. I'm looking at a 18" to 20" rig running a 1x8 or 1x7 twist, decently heavy barrel, something good for 500-600 yds., even though most of my shooting will be at 100. I guess that's "mid-range?" I'm actually looking at the 18" barrel as it's a bit more portable, has a little more velocity than the 16", and is a bit odd. I'm leaning toward a DPMS barrel, actually, as most reviews I've seen of them have been good, especially from some members here.
    Overkill is underrated.