.243 Winchester and 100gr Hornady InterLock Bullet - Field Report

2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,616 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Now try to stay with me here, He hit the heart directly, not just the lungs. Lung shots can allow deer to run a couple hundred yards or more sometimes, if the bullet doesn't expand enough to cause enough damage to cause it to bleed out rapidly. I also suppose that even some heart shots won't put an animal down immediately if they don't cause it to fail outright. I hear a lot of people telling stories about hitting a deer in the heart and he runs for a mile(Figure of speech).

I provide the results. You decipher it how you will.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    That was a pretty nice report, complete with the necropsy photos. I have had similar results using 100 grain Nosler Partitions, over H-1000 powder.........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    So, what I've learned here, is, that Interlocks will only kill deer if you hit it directly in the heart. Meanwhile, Game Kings kill every deer, every time, no matter where you hit it. Back leg, big toe, tail, earlobe, whatever. As long as you use a Game King, the deer will die, right where you shoot it. It won't run off into the weeds, making it difficult to find, which Interlocks obviously do.

Did they not say that about the .223 in the Armalite Rifle, shot at the VC, when it first came out.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    Wow, the animal really did die...............................
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"