25-06??

13»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    Hang around here during hunting season. You will see many actual bullet damage assessments from space guns to flintlocks.

To be quite honest, there is no control in the study. It is waaaay to generic. With no control group, the 25 shooters could be, and likely are, older guys or gun guys. The 243 shooters may be kids with their first rifle. Besides my son (16) the only people I know that hunt with a 25-06 are 50 and up. He has one because I, a older guy, got it for him.

The best thing you can take away from any study on bullet and caliber performance on deer is that if you hit them in a vital area, they will fall over in the not to distant future. If you cant hit the cpu or the HVAC, and you just shoot "at deer" they will run farther. They dont wear armor and cant dodge bullets and are pretty easy to turn into jerkey, you just have to hit them where the live.

In other words, "SHOT PLACEMENT RULES!!!"

Get that bullet in the vitals and it's probably gonna die within 30-50 yards of the spot it was hit, if NOT DRT.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.