Self defense during a terrorist attack?

13»

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Your "not a Shakespeare" quote is a line out of "Hamlet". Guess who wrote that play?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much,_methinks

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,726 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    btw, it's "The lady protests too much, methinks." spoken by Queen Gertrude.

Or, maybe this: The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Hamlet Act 3, Scene 2, if you really want to get technical. :conehead:
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Or, maybe this: The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Hamlet Act 3, Scene 2, if you really want to get technical. :conehead:

oh! oh! :applause:

A bit of cultura.... in the non-agricultural use of the term, of course.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I guess you want to yank my chain when I have always been very respectful to you, I have always been a fan of the old English language, from that era, that was my intention, not a quotation, people commonly talked that way.

Had I been quoting a play, I would have looked it up and quoted it correctly.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    ............. I have always been a fan of the old English language, from that era, that was my intention, not a quotation, ......

Perchance we are in need of some steel toe caps for our flip-flops, say what chaps.

Toes doth appear to be getting standeth on too much, me thinks.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

I guess you want to yank my chain when I have always been very respectful to you, I have always been a fan of the old English language, from that era, that was my intention, not a quotation, people commonly talked that way.

If this comment is directed at me, you can relax. I'm way over my head to even be a participant in this thread. I just thought it ironic that the person who corrected your quote did so with another one that appears to also be inaccurate. It's what passes for humor on a cold rainy day at 4:30 AM.
    No, it was not directed at you, the person I was speaking to has met me in real life, that lets most people here off the hook.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    bisley wrote: »
    ............ It's what passes for humor on a cold rainy day at 4:30 AM.

Eh bis,

It is 11.30 am here.

We are sunny but chilly.

I have a day off.

I am very busy doing things in the kitchen, moving 'lecy sockets, plastering, tiling, painting and things.

So much to do!!!!!!!

Just having my first cuppa break.

I get it - I started a remodel/addition to my home when my first grandson was born. He is 14 and I'm about 95% finished with the original project...and I have been retired for a year.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Just a quick though here. If you do decide to ACTIVELY engage a bad guy under a terrorist or any other type of attack make DARN sure that you are in the right and not witnessing a bunch of undercover cops executing a warrant or similar situation or that there is any chance of one of your bullets hitting ANYTHING but a BG...........

That is a bit far-fetched.

What are the chances of anybody making a wrong decision like that? :roll:

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?22893-More-Stupid-Crappe-At-WalMart-Gun-Owner-Tackled

:tooth:

Yep, you have to shoot the right people, even in Texas. :tooth:
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member

I've got no problems with that. Doc made a quick comment that reminded me of the "Lady doth protest" quote from Hamlet, during the "mousetrap" play scene. He said that his statement was just a passing fun reference to Elizabethan lingo which I thought "okay" and let the matter drop.

Some folks however got nitpicking and jumped on Doc for whatever I cannot really understand. Give the guy a break, okay? This wasn't a Shakespeare contest. Doc made that clear and I was down with that.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Some folks however got nitpicking and jumped on Doc for whatever I cannot really understand.

Yes incorrect information is nitpicking.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    No Buford, it was not incorrect, someone said I quoted Shakespeare when I had not quoted anyone, I was using old English or Elizabethan lingo as Sam explained,
    try not to be such a clod, there's a good lad !
    cpj wrote: »

Your advice is sound since you have so much experience dealing with your malaise, does it help with your constant PMS symptoms ?
    Or do you take something else for that ?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    No Buford, it was not incorrect, someone said I quoted Shakespeare when I had not quoted anyone, I was using old English or Elizabethan lingo as Sam explained,

Sam's sigline
    Don't believe anything I post. After all, I'm just a "LAD" (lowly apartment dweller).
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    ....... I was using............Elizabethan lingo.....

What does that sound like?

I have read Elizabethan literature, spent some time in Elizabethan homes, slept in Elizabethan beds, sat in Elizabethan furniture even eaten Elizabethan food but never have I heard Elizabethan lingo.

....... old English.....

Now that is a very different kettle of fish and well before Elizabethan time, about 300 years give or take.

That is an early form of English that was spoken and written by the Anglo-Saxons, close to Old Frisian and Old Saxon.

Buford wrote: »
    Yes incorrect information is nitpicking.

How about that for 'nitpicking', my mate. :devil:

PS.

And try not to be a 'clod', that's a good chap.

Sush, If thou were a buxom lass, I would swoon at thine feet !
    I bet you say that to all the girls, my Mum warned me about yanks like you.

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    : potkettle:

Ah, just on cue, a driveby drive-by snit.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx