Ted Cruz: Abolish IRS and send employees to man the border

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,657 Senior Member
It was a 'tongue in cheek" remark, but definitely what I want to hear from my Senator. If he's gonna run for president, this and immigration are the issues that would get the Republican grass roots on the bandwagon.

Instead of 130 thousand employees to decipher a NYC sized telephone book full of rules and regulations so they can cook the books and target political enemies, how about 130 accountants and 1000 clerks for a simple flat tax. When you get your W2 form, you multiply X% times your earnings and mail a check, period. Everybody pays and nobody needs an accountant and/or a lawyer to do their taxes.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3987313670001/reaction-to-cruzs-call-to-abolish-irs/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Replies

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    But what happens to all the well paid accounts and lawyers? Who will buy all the BMWs and McMansions? There goes half of the upper middle class!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,657 Senior Member
    They will have to work for a living, I guess, or become capitalists and build a better mousetrap.

EDIT: Not to mention that the elites will become even more elite. :jester:
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    But what happens to all the well paid accounts and lawyers? Who will buy all the BMWs and McMansions? There goes half of the upper middle class!

They will become immigration lawyers.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    They will become immigration lawyers.

FTW!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."