Papa John's Pizza stands by employee who shot armed robber in self defense

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
So, remember this next time you order a pizza :beer: :applause: :win:

Well not 100% behind employees wanting to lawfully use a gun to protect themselves, but better than most companies who throw them to the wolves.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/papa-john-pizza-stands-by-employee-who-shot-armed-robber-in-self-defense/?intcmp=latestnews
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "The safety of Papa John's employees is a top priority for our company, " the company said in an email to FoxNews.com.

And how do they secure the safety of their employees ? By disarming them, then everyone is very safe !

They did not fire her, because history relates how other companies experienced massive customer reactions to disciplinary actions brought against employees involved in a personal defense action.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    They do not deliver as far out as we live. Also I can't go in and pick up because they are posted No Guns. Glad they are supporting their employee but I can't support them when I am carrying.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    I don't care for Papa Johns pizza or Pappa Murphy's or Smurfy's or Durfy's pizza, anyway.
    That goes double for that rat that sells pizza.
    It can rot for all I care.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,694 Senior Member
    I've started making my own pizzas since I retired, so I'll just have to give 'em an attaboy.

It's good to see some businesses are getting the message, though.
    Please elaborate on your pizza making skills in the clubhouse !!!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    Seems they didn't fire her because of fallout from the past with other companies. They're anti 2A in my book and have done nothing to change that opinion.
    Yes, Dumbinoe's comes to mind, at one time I did like their extra hot buffalo wings, often discounted with a pizza order, enjoyable with very cold beer, while watching a movie on cable.
    I had a friend that used to work for them and he would get me an extra discount on large orders.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    There was a chain of Drive-Thru milk and bread stores who fired a guy for defending his life and their money who got fired by the numb-nuts fraidycat management that caused them to lose a lot of business. Too bad the legal hassles outweigh an employees safety for these joints. It ain't like pizza delivery/ workers are paid much to start with.

And what kind of hard up thug would rob them fer 20 bucks or less...fer what a pipe full of Crack worth 20 bucks?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    The hunger for crack is very powerful for those that are addicted, an addict will do anything for one dose, heroin addicts have been forced into prostitution and other crimes to maintain a habit.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    With all these sons of Obama going bad, what's a pizza delivery girl to do? When Papa John's moves her to an inside job, they should make her a manager. You go girl!
    I am sure the last thing to cross that jerks mind, before the bullet, was to wonder how a pizza delivery girl was able to best him.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,694 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Please elaborate on your pizza making skills in the clubhouse !!!

What I have learned is not worthy of a long post. It's all about the crust, and there's a recipe on the Fleischman's pizza yeast package. Once you establish 'repeatability,' you just add toppings the way your favorite pizza maker does it. Experimentation, actually. I still have much to learn, and I'm getting fat, so I don't practice as much as I need to, to be really good t it.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    I have heard of this.
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    The hunger for crack is very powerful for those that are addicted, an addict will do anything for one dose, heroin addicts have been forced into prostitution and other crimes to maintain a habit.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.