Ooops!!!!!..............Hello Mr Sharpton...... are you there?

shushshush Senior MemberPosts: 6,259 Senior Member
Florida police shot images of black men in training.

'US police officers have been criticised for using mug shots of black suspects for target practice in Florida.
The images used by North Miami Beach Police were discovered by a female soldier who used the firing range after a police training session.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30860057

'Sgt Valerie Deant recognised her brother as one of the target images, according to NBC Miami.......
.........The six targets left behind by police were found last month by Sgt Deant, a band member of the Florida Army National Guard.

"I was like, why is my brother being used for target practice?" she told NBC Miami on Friday.

The photo of her brother Woody Deant had been taken after his arrest as a teenager for drag racing. It had been shot several times.'

Mr Deant said he was "speechless" when he heard the news.

"Now I'm being used as a target? I'm not even living that life according to how they portrayed me as. I'm a father. I'm a husband. I'm a career man. I work nine to five."

Quote;
Mr Deant said he was "speechless" when he heard the news.

Not for long, me thinks. :devil:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Family-Outraged-After-North-Miami-Beach-Police-Use-Criminal-Photos-as-Shooting-Targets-288739131.html

Blood and Sand..............

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    While I am insensitive bastard, even I think this is a horrible idea. They will get sued. And win. And rightfully so.

Vous????…………salaud insensible………….. jamais!!!!

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Goes well with using armed homeowner targets as well. It seems anyone without a badge is a legitimate target anywhere anytime and it will always be "justified".
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    While I am insensitive bastard, even I think this is a horrible idea. .
    :agree:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I remember the standard thug targets, all white guys, not a single minorority in the bunch, then they went to a simple silhouette, and the PC crowd had problems with those too, why not go back to the original thug targets ?

They can use Me for a model, why would I freaking care if they shoot at targets of Me ?

As long as they don't shoot me in real life and give me a 10 cent royalty from each target sold !
    LoL !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    Like CPJ said, horrible idea. Ain't nothin' good going to come of this mess.

On a lighter note, they could use the Zombie silhouette targets. Nobody would be offended since Zombies don't exist....................yet. :tooth:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    Zombies don't exist? Ever been to a Walmart after 11:00 PM?
    Heck, on the weekend in my area it's full of zombies. Slack-jawed, drooling, shuffling creatures that bump into things, have minimal brain activity, and are driven solely by their hunger.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    Heck, on the weekend in my area it's full of zombies. Slack-jawed, drooling, shuffling creatures that bump into things, have minimal brain activity, and are driven solely by their hunger.

Breamfisher, CPJ, both of you have made an incorrect identification of species. What you are observing is the Liberal Democrat voter in their natural habitat. Further proof of this is the dearth of Conservatives in the store at the time; they can't be Zombies because there are no brains present! :roll2:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.