Seth Rogen, Michael Moore ignite 'Sniper' debate

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
:nono::nono::nono::nono::roll::roll::roll::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/01/19/seth-rogen-michael-moore-blast-american-sniper/21988391/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Most of Hollywood's liberal dilweeds have no clue that SCOUT Snipers more than not perform reconnaissance to support daily combat operations. Sure there are times when their skills are used to eliminate specifics be it a high value target or an enemy combatant who threatens the lives of fellow Americans. Combat is not a place to play nice, whoever they are spotting through their scopes are most likely not playing with ANY rules like using women and children as suicide bombers. Rogen and especially Moore can pound sand because they have no clue as to what combat involves.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,455 Senior Member
    Raise your hand if you're surprised...

    Anybody?

    Seriously, why does anybody ever listen to ANY Hollywood windbag, let alone that bloated piece of crap?

    Seth who?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    I saw American Sniper today. Previously the only similar film I enjoyed was Courage Under Fire which was Desert Storm. I give American Sniper 40 thumbs up!!!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Raise your hand if you're surprised...

    Anybody?

    Seriously, why does anybody ever listen to ANY Hollywood windbag, let alone that bloated piece of crap?

    Seth who?

    :that:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,277 Senior Member
    Michael Moore's name should not be allowed to be spoken here
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Michael Moore's name should not be allowed to be spoken here

    Now, let's not be too hasty- - - -even a fat slob with a foul mouth can be useful. I've even sent him an invitation to this year's Southeast Shoot!

    chinese-soldier-holding-target-with-white-sides-218x300.jpg

    Tennmike's definitely gonna need to get the big 50 working if he accepts!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Hanoi Jane had a surprising say about the movie.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Nobody should be surprised about this.

    The radical lefties are in hog heaven when the Democrats are the minority party. All the political bomb-throwers come out of the woodwork like cockroaches when they think there is no chance of screwing up their Party agenda. They will feast on the fears of wobbly ('moderate') Republicans who have the spotlight on them, and the quickest way to start a cat fight is to throw red meat in front of patriotic conservatives so the establishment types will run from their rebuttal comments.

    They recognize division in the Republican Party and this form of exploitation works wonders to move moderates toward the center.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,844 Senior Member
    Can someone PLEASE explain to me why I should care what those two think :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    :that:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I think Maggot Moore and Roadkill Rogen don't matter and shouldn't get any recognition. Their pictures on the long range targets at Sniper School may help the scores of training Snipers. :applause: Later,
    Fat Billy

    Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    Here's a great response to old lard butt:


    Bryan Sikes is a Green Beret Sniper and has voiced his opinion in a very public letter to Michael Moore that has now gone viral, per Bro Bible. The response Sikes has received from the general public regarding his letter lets us all know that Michael Moore’s opinions are not worth much.


    “Mr. Moore —

    Good afternoon there sweetheart, I hope this finds you alive and well. You can thank our men and women of the armed forces for that, by the way, and that also includes us cowardly snipers. It seems you’ve found time between licking the jelly off your fingers and releasing your grasp of a bear claw to tweet some junk about snipers being cowards.

    My buddies and I got a good laugh over the tweet, so I thank you. For a guy worth $50 million dollars, you sure have quite a bit to bitch and cry about. I guess like a moth to flame, you too gravitate towards things that are popular and in the moment — in this case it’s snipers. Too bad for you that your attempt at being relevant via your 70+ year old family experience has failed. It has only made you look dumber than a bag of hammers. Next time you should try something more original than going after snipers for one reason or another…that was so last month.

    It’s typical of “men” like you to criticize the intestinal fortitude, focus, discipline and patriotism of a sniper. It must stem from an inferiority complex or something. But hey, it’s okay cupcake. We snipers are thick skinned and the efforts of world class turds such as yourself to portray us in a negative light only makes us laugh. If you and I were in the same room, I’d throw you a smile and gently pat you on the head knowing you’re nothing more than a mouth breathing, Crisco sweating waste of space not even worthy of being in the presence of a sniper. It’s almost funny how people like you preach things like ‘acceptance’ and ‘not passing judgement’ or ‘labeling people’, but then are the first to do so when a person is in some way dissimilar from you.

    So tenderfoot, I leave you with this final thought: what if you found yourself in some sort of hostage situation where you were held at knife-point by some crazed person and they were dead set on making an example of you by bleeding you out on Hollywood Blvd in front of the world, and the only way out was with the precision aimed fire of a sniper? Would you want that coward to take the shot? Because knowing how you feel about snipers such as myself and your hatred of firearms, I’d probably drop the mag, roll the bolt and go get a Jack & Coke before helping you out.

    Very Respectfully,
    Sikes”

    Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1784159/hero-sniper-puts-michael-moore-in-his-place/#fByRvOb9DQZhoVok.99


    Works for me!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,844 Senior Member
    Thank you Jeff Dunham :up:
    MMoore_hero_zpsdd0d084b.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Bathetic
  • GuitarShooterGuitarShooter New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Nice. Seth who? I have no idea. Seth Thomas? Like the clock maker? Hahaha
  • GuitarShooterGuitarShooter New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Brought a tear to my eye. So well said sir. Is there a way to make these lib fools understand?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Here's what a pretty good American who has been there said about snipers:

    http://video.foxnews.com/v/4009065558001/robert-oneill-sounds-off-on-american-sniper-criticism/?#sp=show-clips
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Oleo Boy sure put his foot in his mouth this time around.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    Nice. Seth who? I have no idea. Seth Thomas? Like the clock maker? Hahaha
    I also had no idea who Seth Rogen is. Apparently he has something to do with a film I will never watch named "The Interview".
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    Brought a tear to my eye. So well said sir. Is there a way to make these lib fools understand?
    No.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Two of a multitude of Hollywood types who are mentally deficient and morally bankrupt spouting their opinions on a subject to which they are totally ignorant. More of the same old, same old from the loony left. It's all relative; I don't mind because neither one of them matters the worth of a cow pie to me, anyway.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,146 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Here's a great response to old lard butt:


    Bryan Sikes is a Green Beret Sniper and has voiced his opinion in a very public letter to Michael Moore that has now gone viral, per Bro Bible. The response Sikes has received from the general public regarding his letter lets us all know that Michael Moore’s opinions are not worth much.


    “Mr. Moore —

    Good afternoon there sweetheart,.......................

    Works for me!
    Jerry

    Great reply!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,520 Senior Member
    M.M. should walk 50ft. in a snipers boots. I say 50ft because he's to out of shape to walk a mile,

    One thing you have to understand is that if M.M. doesn't like it , he's against it.

    JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    M.M. should walk 50ft. in a snipers boots. I say 50ft because he's to out of shape to walk a mile,

    One thing you have to understand is that if M.M. doesn't like it , he's against it.

    JAY

    He isnt worthy to polish my old Corframs. Let alone walk in a Sniper's boots.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    Politics aside, I don't think this was one of Clint's better efforts.

    As well made as most of it is, I don't think any objective observer could deny that the jingoism is pretty heavy-handed in parts. Clint is now claiming it's an anti-war film, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

    But WOW that fake baby. How did that survive post production?

    Unforgiven, Gran Torino, Letters from Iwo Jima, and A Perfect World are some of my favorite movies. He is (or was) one of the best directors out there, so let's hope this isn't his last.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Lance wrote: »
    Politics aside, I don't think this was one of Clint's better efforts.

    As well made as most of it is, I don't think any objective observer could deny that the jingoism is pretty heavy-handed in parts. Clint is now claiming it's an anti-war film, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

    But WOW that fake baby. How did that survive post production?

    Unforgiven, Gran Torino, Letters from Iwo Jima, and A Perfect World are some of my favorite movies. He is (or was) one of the best directors out there, so let's hope this isn't his last.

    I would like to think that Clint Eastwood made this movie because he wanted to honor a man who did what he thought was right and didn't really expect anyone to understand it. A soldier cannot be political and still be a good soldier, and the good ones just go where they are told to go and get it over with as soon as possible. I didn't detect much politics in the movie, and that might not have been true, had any other producer/director made the movie.

    He made the movie from Chris Kyle's point of view, based on his book. There was nothing in it that tried to justify the morality of war or the political decision about how to fight an enemy that was hard to define. I appreciated that, and I'll wager that most combat vets did, too.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I would like to think that Clint Eastwood made this movie because he wanted to honor a man who did what he thought was right and didn't really expect anyone to understand it. A soldier cannot be political and still be a good soldier, and the good ones just go where they are told to go and get it over with as soon as possible. I didn't detect much politics in the movie, and that might not have been true, had any other producer/director made the movie.

    He made the movie from Chris Kyle's point of view, based on his book. There was nothing in it that tried to justify the morality of war or the political decision about how to fight an enemy that was hard to define. I appreciated that, and I'll wager that most combat vets did, too.

    I read American Sniper as well, and I loved it when Jesse Ventura and Kyle were on Opie & Anthony, and those guys just eviscerated Ventura on all his BS.

    I really wanted to like this movie. REALLY wanted to like it. But it just seemed off somehow.

    Maybe the material is just too fresh. Eastwood (Gran Torino & Million $ Baby excepted) seems to work better with a longer view of history. Unforgiven is probably the most realistic western ever made.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    Lance wrote: »
    I really wanted to like this movie. REALLY wanted to like it. But it just seemed off somehow.

    I didn't really go in expecting to be entertained. I was expecting it to tell the story of a brave and competent soldier who went all the way to protect the people he cared about, and that's what I got out of it. Hundreds of other very good men did the same and are unknown to the public. Chris Kyle became known and therefore is their representative. I think it was a good movie, and important, but not necessarily great entertainment, because the hero did not live happily ever after. There were no zany side-kicks, nor any particular arch-villains. It had no plot, because it was true to the facts, or at least attempted to be.

    But it was still a heroic story, even though I think that only the people who were there get to say who the heroes were. I think the movie was made to honor those people, and that it succeeded.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I didn't really go in expecting to be entertained. I was expecting it to tell the story of a brave and competent soldier who went all the way to protect the people he cared about, and that's what I got out of it. Hundreds of other very good men did the same and are unknown to the public. Chris Kyle became known and therefore is their representative. I think it was a good movie, and important, but not necessarily great entertainment, because the hero did not live happily ever after. There were no zany side-kicks, nor any particular arch-villains. It had no plot, because it was true to the facts, or at least attempted to be.

    But it was still a heroic story, even though I think that only the people who were there get to say who the heroes were. I think the movie was made to honor those people, and that it succeeded.

    I loathe that formulaic Hollywood garbage. That's why I love Eastwood's stuff so much, even when you know he's phoning it in (Blood Work, The Rookie) he still can infuse a sense of dark tongue-in-cheek humor, or just a fantastic shot here or there, to keep my attention. (Except True Crime, which was absolute ****)

    I'm glad you got something out of the movie, and I'm not gonna say you're wrong. I just consider Clint amongst the best alive right now, and compared to everything else he's done since Mystic River, this one just doesn't meet the standard I expect from him.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.