More Stupid Crappe' At WalMart Gun Owner Tackled

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Some yahoo at WalMart in Florida saw a legal CHP holder holster his weapon in the parking lot, follows him into the store and tackles him. I will be willing to bet the yahoo saw a black male getting ready to rob WalMart and decided to be Billy Bad Ace ... he is lucky the gun owner didn't defend himself like I believe he was legally entitled to do.

http://www.guns.com/2015/01/21/man-tackles-legally-armed-walmart-customer-believing-he-was-a-criminal-video/
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,866 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Call me a hard callused son of a bitch, but I wish the guy that got tackled would have at least put one in the dudes knee.
    The idiot that did the tackling is LUCKY that arrested is ALL he got.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    Call me the hard one, but why did the guy holster in the parking lot? Mine, I leave the house ready to go. Don't draw attention to yourself and all is good.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,866 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Call me the hard one, but why did the guy holster in the parking lot? Mine, I leave the house ready to go. Don't draw attention to yourself and all is good.
    His carry rig might be uncomfortable in his vehicle. :uhm:

I know some of mine are in my wife's car, but not in my truck.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Here's the video:

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/01/20/shopper-tackles-man-with-gun-at-wal-mart/22067325/

Some guy trying to be Superman, right by 2-3 kids and a bunch of other bystanders.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,230 Senior Member
    Michael Foster: Dumbass!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,526 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Call me a hard callused son of a bitch, but I wish the guy that got tackled would have at least put one in the dudes knee.

I'll second that motion .

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    The CCW carrier made a mistake by sticking the handgun in his waistband in public. Public display is not allowed in Florida, but the other guy was definitely stupid for taking this on himself.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    I can see all involved being sued. Not many rigs are comfortable in most cars and there are places you can't carry. This is why I love my LCP. I can discretely tuck it wherever I choose when exiting the car. I don't carry anything full-size unless my wardrobe allows a shoulder rig. I doubt there is anyone here who doesn't print, flash,etc when entering/exiting a car or when bending/reaching for stuff. That said I didn't see how flagrant he was when gearing up.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    According to the article, he took the handgun from somewhere in the vehicle and stuck it in his waistband, not in a holster of any kind. Ya' gotta' admit, that does look suspicious. Unless I'm mistaken on what I read, both parties were stupid. The smart thing for the CCW holder would have been to turn his body away from view while he was putting it in his pants.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Let this be a lesson not to whip it out in a Wal-mart parking lot and not tackle those that do.

He just should have called 911 if he was suspicious of a possible crime about to be committed or alerted store security not trying to be a hero.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    A couple of busybody senior citizens called the cops on me at a fast food place in Pulaski Tennessee because they saw a rifle in the back seat of my car. Some folks just can't resist minding everybody's business but their own. The guy who responded happened to be the same one who had his regular patrol car in my school shop for a rear axle change. He was more interested in when he could get his ride back than the fact I was carrying an unloaded firearm in my car, particularly after I told him that coyotes had been stalking newborn calves in my pasture and the game warden had advised me to be ready to whack one anytime I saw them.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Haven't these dolts ever seen paintings/statues/old naval guns-cannon/ war monuments of American historical figures in almost every city's town square and DUH.... we have our freedoms today by using implements of war and privately owned firearms.

Freedom ain't free by any means and how soon so many forget and think history will never repeat itself.

You think the politicians we have are not blood thirsty for more power and government to take control of every aspect of our lives and keep perpetuating their own importance............think again.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,607 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    ...Some folks just can't resist minding everybody's business but their own...

Yea, they're called "Liberals"...
    Big Chief wrote: »
    ...how soon so many forget and think history isn't repeating itself.
    FIFY
    You think the politicians we have are not blood thirsty for more power and government to take control of every aspect of our lives and keep perpetuating their own importance............think again.
    See (both of the) above!

Good posts!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    I can see all involved being sued. Not many rigs are comfortable in most cars and there are places you can't carry. This is why I love my LCP. I can discretely tuck it wherever I choose when exiting the car. I don't carry anything full-size unless my wardrobe allows a shoulder rig. I doubt there is anyone here who doesn't print, flash,etc when entering/exiting a car or when bending/reaching for stuff. That said I didn't see how flagrant he was when gearing up.

I was carrying as a LEO in vehicles for a long time , I can't remember any uncomfortable rigs, no cheap ones either......

I don't flash anything, I am not Tonto, (Spanish = stunned / in a stupor) I wear a cover garment or jacket and wear my holster @ 3:00 so my elbow and arm helps with concealment, I learned it is as easy for me to conceal a full size sidearm as a compact but it is far easier to shoot accurately....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    The CCW carrier made a mistake by sticking the handgun in his waistband in public. Public display is not allowed in Florida, but the other guy was definitely stupid for taking this on himself.

That would not constitute exhibition of a dangerous weapon ("brandishing"). He's in the clear.

Brief display in public of a CCW (in this case from the lawful concealment of the vehicle to the lawful concealment on his person) is not criminal if there is no intent to display the CCW for threatening purpose in the absence of its display to ward off potential attack.

He's good.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I was carrying as a LEO in vehicles for a long time , I can't remember any uncomfortable rigs, no cheap ones either......

I don't flash anything, I am not Tonto, (Spanish = stunned / in a stupor) I wear a cover garment or jacket and wear my holster @ 3:00 so my elbow and arm helps with concealment, I learned it is as easy for me to conceal a full size sidearm as a compact but it is far easier to shoot accurately....

IWB of a full size automatic pistol is always uncomfortable. OWB only works on rare days or nights in FL when the temperature gets down below 50 and a windbreaker is wearable to conceal it.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    I spoke for myself, a good undershirt and a properly adjusted holster is comfortable, and I carry a full size Glock all day, I hardly notice it......

I have been to Florida many times, Miami, Dade, Ft. Lauderdale, in the summer, wearing a suit, not shorts.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,658 Senior Member
    According to the article, he took the handgun from somewhere in the vehicle and stuck it in his waistband, not in a holster of any kind. Ya' gotta' admit, that does look suspicious. Unless I'm mistaken on what I read, both parties were stupid. The smart thing for the CCW holder would have been to turn his body away from view while he was putting it in his pants.

I think I agree. When all the spin and conjecture are replaced by fact, I'll decide.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,112 Senior Member
    I think the article said he had a holster.

As to why he wasn't wearing it.... maybe he'd been to a bank? I know some banks (5/3 for example) have a "no weapons allowed" policy and even have metal detectors where you enter and exit. I'd rather not do business with that bank, but changing banks would be impractical at this point.
    Overkill is underrated.
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    That would not constitute exhibition of a dangerous weapon ("brandishing"). He's in the clear.

Brief display in public of a CCW (in this case from the lawful concealment of the vehicle to the lawful concealment on his person) is not criminal if there is no intent to display the CCW for threatening purpose in the absence of its display to ward off potential attack.

He's good.
    Are you a Florida P.O.? Without consulting the state statutes, I have read somewhere that even accidental display is illegal in Florida.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    IWB of a full size automatic pistol is always uncomfortable. OWB only works on rare days or nights in FL when the temperature gets down below 50 and a windbreaker is wearable to conceal it.

I disagree. I wear OWB (Mernickle holsters mostly) here in Fl. I do not carry anything any smaller than a Kimber Ultracarry, and a full size Glock, or my S&W 29 frequently, with nothing but an oversized T-shirt (2X) to hide it. Using a good belt helps, but holster design is the most important factor.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Are you a Florida P.O.? Without consulting the state statutes, I have read somewhere that even accidental display is illegal in Florida.

Not anymore. Now you are still ok even if you accidentally expose your weapon briefly (unintentionally - brandishing or intentional exposure are NOT covered).

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Every once in a while you have to go into a place where CC is not allowed like a post office. Gun goes into the glove compartment, then you drive on, remember it at your next stop...

This. I have done exactly this a number of times.

Luis
    He should have tackled the real threats to Wal-mart shoppers..............

[IMG][/img]image0242424.jpg
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Not anymore. Now you are still ok even if you accidentally expose your weapon briefly (unintentionally - brandishing or intentional exposure are NOT covered).

Luis
    OK, so you're saying that it was once illegal but they changed the law? I don't know how I missed that, but I guess I did. Thanks for the correction. I wonder if that applies to the walmart guy in question.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    It is safe to say the first guy did something that allowed the second guy to see his gun, the second guy felt inadequate, and tackled the first guy in order to feel adequate or regain his imagined lost manhood.

The first guy should have been more discreet and not allowed anyone to see his superior symbol of masculinity !

If you keep your manhood in your pants, nobody will feel inadequate. Joke..

A large zippered bible case helps too, it can be securely stored case and all, locked up in your vehicles gun storage box etc... when you can't CCW, then carried discretely until you can safely and discreetly transfer it to a holster.
    OK, so you're saying that it was once illegal but they changed the law? I don't know how I missed that, but I guess I did. Thanks for the correction. I wonder if that applies to the walmart guy in question.

Yes, it was once illegal. Yes, since they changed the law, it's not illegal anymore, and yes, it applies to the Wal-Mart situation.

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
    (1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    (2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
    (a) A self-defense chemical spray.
    (b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
    (3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Luis
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,838 Senior Member

Damn, just damn!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

eyebleach_zps103d1eef.png
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,610 Senior Member
    I have visited People of Walmart.com. Warning! It is not for the faint of heart or stomach!