Gun range's ban on Muslims draws fire

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,178 Senior Member
    While I'm not enough of a legal scholar to comment whether the business owner's rights trump an individual's rights to practice religion, I will say that on a personal level I don't like it, as it can be used by the antis to make gunowners look bigoted, xenophobic, superficial, and somewhat paranoid.

On the other hand, I really don't like it when folks discriminate against other gun owners because of the type of weapon they carry/use, language skills and intelligence or lack thereof, income, and other such things. I tend to be a live and let live kinda guy.

I also don't like it when trainers do like Pat Rogers does or used to do: require people attending his class to have a letter from the chief of police/chief law enforcement officer of their area verifying they're a good, upstanding citizen and qualified to take the course. On the other hand, Rogers was an NYPD sergeant, and might have inherited an institutional distrust of un-vetted, armed citizenry...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    If I'm at a gun range and hear Allah Akbar I'm going too DEVCON 3

DEFCON 3??? I am at 3 at any public range with all the mall ninjas who could be around there ... I hear Allah anything and I am at ONE and digging! :tooth:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,346 Senior Member
    She says that she discriminates based on names, not necessarily religion. There are a whole heck of a lot of Arab Christians where I live as well as a bunch of Muslims with American type names. And unless someone were to walk in with a white hood and robe, how the hell would she know if someone was in the Klan?

She sounds like an ignorant butthole to me but I also believe that it is her right as a business owner to be one.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,509 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    She says that she discriminates based on names, not necessarily religion. There are a whole heck of a lot of Arab Christians where I live as well as a bunch of Muslims with American type names. And unless someone were to walk in with a white hood and robe, how the hell would she know if someone was in the Klan?

She sounds like an ignorant butthole to me but I also believe that it is her right as a business owner to be one.

Most of our vetted Terps came from your neck of the woods...Most were not 1st generation citizens either....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    For anyone holding a business license for a public accommodation, discrimination against a protected class (race, creed, color, gender, etc.) is indeed illegal, but there is no law prohibiting discrimination against an UNPROTECTED CLASS, namely, Democrats. Customers should be required to show their voter registration cards, Republicans and Independents only need apply. That should successfully, and legally, exclude most Muslims, liberals and illegal aliens.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I don't like it. However I don't understand the objection. Shouldn't liberal organizations be applauding anything that keeps guns out of the hands of anyone?
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Most of our vetted Terps came from your neck of the woods...Most were not 1st generation citizens either....

Hey lugs, I wish you would speak American sometimes. :devil: :usa:

Save me the Google thing. :beer:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member

Yeah but maybe not that kind of diversity in Arkansas.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,187 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    If I'm at a gun range and hear Allah Akbar I'm going too DEVCON 3

You're going to whip out some epoxy? Surely you meant DEFCON...Right?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Yep...spot on Jerm...When she booted the Hindus, her credibiity went down the toilet...
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    A little more has come to light, she is a little political and I am not to sure she may be working the publicity side of this.

http://janmorganmedia.com/about/
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    A little more has come to light, she is a little political and I am not to sure she may be working the publicity side of this.

http://janmorganmedia.com/about/
    Another idiot giving the TEA Party a bad name. :roll:

If I didn't understand what it really is, I would hate it too. No wonder liberals hate it so much. If that is what I knew as the "TEA Party" I would despise it.
    Not exactly the person I would want to represent us gun owners either. The Second Amendment is for everyone, not just Christians that do not have foreign sounding names.
    Sush...lol. Yeah sometimes Lingo gets lost.

Vetted Terps were the interpreters that had establish backgrounds and passed further investigation.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    Let 'em shoot. Have them sign in with ID, as we do in Kommiefornia, and now she has names and addresses she can email to Homeland Insecurity......Like the flight schools TRIED to do before 911.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,311 Senior Member
    Y'all need to be more tolerant, it is after all about to be Black History Month. Save this talk for white history month. Oh wait...

At the range last weekend, three Chinese guys came in to shoot, could barely understand them. The old guy working as rangemaster was freaking out. We were leaving anyhow so I'm not sure how it went but he sure was worried. Kept mumbling "I have a problem" over and over.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,190 Senior Member
    You realize I live near and work in Washington DC right? I've been in many areas where I was a significant minority or even a statistical outlier. Never had a problem being served at a restaurant or purchasing something from a bodega.
    You might want to keep your Lilly-white ass out of Ferguson, Mo. or parts of St. Louis.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    White liberal politician's litmus test- - - - -walk 10 blocks through East St. Louis after midnight carrying either a 1911 and 5 spare magazines, or a restraining order signed by a federal judge!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    Simple solution that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Have a guy, preferably named Billy Joe Ray Bob, sitting on a bar stool behind the shooters with a semiauto shotgun with extended magazine and an AR with a 30 round magazine. Make it known that if anyone yells 'Aloha Snackbar' and tries to shoot other patrons that Billy Joe Ray Bob will terminate them with extreme prejudice with the AR, and then give them a triple tap to the noggin with the shotgun, just to make sure.

Think outside the box. :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,311 Senior Member
    Or they could just hang a ham or two up or maybe fry some bacon and require all guns be lubed with bacon grease.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Eddie Ray Routh wasn't Muslim, Arabic, or Persian....just sayin.

The thing is folks like this and folks that feed into this would know the difference between Sikh and Shiek. They most likely couldn't tell the difference between a Persian, Pakistani, or Arab name. McCarthy is smiling over this paranoia...
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Eddie Ray Routh wasn't Muslim, Arabic, or Persian....just sayin.

The thing is folks like this and folks that feed into this would know the difference between Sikh and Shiek. They most likely couldn't tell the difference between a Persian, Pakistani, or Arab name. McCarthy is smiling over this paranoia...

Hey, I know the difference between a Persian Mauser and a Pakistani Khyber Pass homemade rifle...............does that count? :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Massad Ayoob would not be allowed to shoot at this woman's range.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,700 Senior Member
    Being racist is not the point. Having the right to refuse service is a right that a business should have, even if it is a stupid thing to do. If the public doesn't approve, they can boycott and put them out of business, but the government has no right to interfere in a private enterprise that is operating in a legal manner. Of course, the Supremes have said that the government can force us to buy insurance, but they overstepped, in my opinion.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,700 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    I don't like it. However I don't understand the objection. Shouldn't liberal organizations be applauding anything that keeps guns out of the hands of anyone?

Liberals are not held to such standards. Hypocrisy is just a means to an end that is justified by leftist ideologies, monarchies, and one religion.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    The worst part is that they have also discriminated against non moslems just because of their skin color. I really don't think we want to be associated with such ignorance!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    I completely agree that it is her business and it should be her right to deny everyone and anyone that she wants from using her establishment.

Aside from that, I think she is an ignorant, pathetic human being.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Exactly right on both counts. While I think the actual action is stupid I'm sure it has brought them a lot of new business. Does it give a bad image of gun folks and conservatives? Of course, to all the folks that hate us anyway so no big deal. But the fact that we are surrounded by government and public ENCOURAGED AND MANDATED discrimination targeting white people is absolutely undeniable. I'm not even angry about it, but a fact is fact and there is no point in ignoring it...

That's a fact of life in the US these days. Like you have to try harder to get on top and even then are trumped just because of GOVT policies where they fudge up their qualifications just because of the perceived discrimination they may have against them.

I think the proper term is Reverse Discrimination, but we are not supposed to complain. Sometimes it gets ridiculous when unqualified people get promoted/jobs they are obviously not capable of and less suited for over other contenders. I have a real beef with that, especially when my/public safety is at stake like in police/fire departments when someone is hired/promoted just because they are a female/minority or whatever.

It should be based on their merits, potential and skills.

Don't get me wrong there are fully 100% qualified folks fulfilling all kinds of jobs from all walks of life.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Massad Ayoob would not be allowed to shoot at this woman's range.

Neither could this guy

1012981_10153052117702766_599493279223756246_n_zpsdc78db10.jpg
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    The more intelligent thing she could have done was observe the behavior of patrons coming in the range to shoot, buy ammo, etc. Yeah, it's profiling, and I don't give a rats crusty butt what you think about that. When I worked part time in a local shop I refused to sell anything to certain potential customers due to their demeanor in the shop and during any conversation that transpired about firearms being looked at for purchase. Color of skin or accent was NOT a factor; acting like an anus chapeau when handling a firearm was a factor. I put such people in the group that should not have crayons and paper at the same time.

Liability insurance for ranges is not cheap. Culling the potential customers at the front of the store is just as important as watching them on the shooting line. People that can't follow the rules, and will not take instruction on the firing line about safe firearms handling, should be shown the door and never allowed back in; PERIOD. They ain't shootin' Super Soaker water guns out there.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Tennmike, I agree.

Didn't there used to be and maybe still are signs in gun shops/other places saying we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone??????

A bar can refuse serving more alcohol to a drunk still, so should any business if that persons behavior is out of the accepted norm. But here again should be on an individual basis from observation and behavior.