So Mitt is outta the race

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,990 Senior Member
Does it help JEB? Billary? Right thing for him to do?
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«1

Replies

  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    who dat?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    I'm glad he's out. Now if Chris Christie can be persuaded to bow out, too.

    Speaking of Christie, he launched a new PAC. Leadership Matters For America (LMFA :rotflmao:)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    LMFA Like MY Fat As$$
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,936 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Thank God.
    Now, lets move on to the next lesser turd sammich.

    Thank you for that....saved me from typing "turd" again...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,827 Senior Member
    I don't think his heart was ever really in another run. Now, Scot Walker is looking pretty good from where I sit. I think he can clean Fat Boy's plow. Walker is singing a good conservative tune. Maybe he and Perry can pair up if one or the other can leave their egos out of it. That would be a hell of a team. I'm not as familiar with Walker as I am Rick Perry, but I think Perry is more of a politician. However Perry is very strong on abortion (as in anti), Immigration (as in anti illegal and the Second Amendment (Pro).
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    I like Huckabee, good honest man, but think he would have a hard time getting elected because he is seen as too religious by many. He is a close #2 behind JEB in the latest poll, which will change over time to who knows.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,827 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I like Huckabee, good honest man, but think he would have a hard time getting elected because he is seen as too religious by many. He is a close #2 behind JEB in the latest poll, which will change over time to who knows.

    I love Huckabee, but for the same reasons you stated, I don't think he would be nominated. However, if he was or is, he's got my vote no problem. But as I have said, unless there are some big changes made to the process, anyone who wins the Republican nomination will have my vote in the General Election. This is a two party country and either a Republican or a Dummycrap will win and I'm going to throw my hat in the Republican Pile whoever that may be.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Billary put off her final decision until June or July................I wonder why? Someone dig up some dirt on her she can't lie her way outta?????? Her performance as Sec St was anything but stellar and she will have to debate the Rep candidate.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,827 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Billary put off her final decision until June or July................I wonder why? Someone dig up some dirt on her she can't lie her way outta?????? Her performance as Sec St was anything but stellar and she will have to debate the Rep candidate.

    Yeah she didn't knock anything outta da park as Sec State, but when you compare her to the current one, ol' Flip Flopper, Cappy Swift Boater, she doesn't look to bad at all.

    OMG Did I say that???
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,102 Senior Member
    Good. He did the right thing. It shows that he is an honorable man. Now if Bush would catch a clue and stay out of the race...
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    I caught something about a scandal with underage girls and Bill and the royal family members of England that may come to light on the news and they speculate it MAY be something she has to answer for or and can't try and laugh it off.................who knows politics do make strange bedfellows as they say!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    What great philosopher once said life was a turd sandwich and everyday was a new bite................I dunno.... Frank Zappa :punch: :spittingcoffee: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
  • NotHisRealNameNotHisRealName Member Posts: 57 Member
    I just hope you folk vote right this time.
    Obama can talk the talk - he's popular over here in Australia. Rock star status.
    Bush Jr was a real joke (as far as we're concerned) and brought Australia into Iraq (which many resent).
    Hopefully the USA gets some good options next time around.

    Expect stupid.
    -Real.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,827 Senior Member
    I just hope you folk vote right this time.
    Obama can talk the talk - he's popular over here in Australia. Rock star status.
    Bush Jr was a real joke (as far as we're concerned) and brought Australia into Iraq (which many resent).
    Hopefully the USA gets some good options next time around.

    Expect stupid.
    -Real.

    Yeah I don't doubt GW Bush was a joke to the world because the world is a slave to the Libtard Media and that's all you hear is the left side of things. Bush was a MAN! A Real Man that did what he said and said what he was going to do. Maybe Australia needed to get into Iraq and help rid the world of the Scum. No, everybody depends on us. But nobody minds having a place to buy oil. They just don't want to help foot the bill. And you guys didn't have 9-11 happen to you. It happend on Bush's watch and he didn't take too kindly to it. Also, he saw Iraq as a pest hole to the free world. But then nobody twisted your arms to come join is in the Sand Box. That was a decision made by your politicians.

    BTW, Bush was one of those guys that was trying to protect the right of people to own guns and not end up like you guys over there where the Politicians and libtards stole your guns.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    For the record. One should never cite Alex Jones, or Info Wars. No matter how cogent, and credible your argument is, you loose. My tin foil hat is my very favorite one, but that man is a loon.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    For the record. One should never cite Alex Jones, or Info Wars. No matter how cogent, and credible your argument is, you loose. My tin foil hat is my very favorite one, but that man is a loon.

    Yes, I've been chastised before on here fer that, however, this is all over the place.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    Mitt was smart enough to know that he couldn't win without the Republican establishment and Tea Party conservatives on his side - one or the other and he might have a chance, but not both. The Republican leadership is setting up for Jeb Bush or Christie, and conservative/libertarian types don't like either. I wish Rand Paul, Ted Cruze, Rubio, and Santorum would get together and decide which one has a chance so that one of them could cobble together a winning strategy.

    Scott Walker is the wild card, in my opinion. He might be the guy that both factions could support - too early to tell, and southern conservatives don't know him well enough, yet. Rick Perry could pound on some good conservative issues before the media hounds him out of the race, but I don't see him staying to the end. Rand Paul is going after Libertarians and disgruntled Democrats, and is starting to sound like his father - a good man, but with unpopular foreign policy ideas (to conservatives).

    Personally, I much prefer Governors to Senators, because they aren't usually inside-the-Beltway types.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Mitt may have had considerations for his wife and her health too, who has MS or something, I think.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,385 Senior Member
    Part of me wants the GOP to run Romney or Bush, so that when they lose maybe they will FINALLY realize just how out of touch they are.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Part of me wants the GOP to run Romney or Bush, so that when they lose maybe they will FINALLY realize just how out of touch they are.
    This will never happen. Just read this board.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    This will never happen. Just read this board.

    SS3 quote "Part of me wants the GOP to run Romney or Bush, so that when they lose maybe they will FINALLY realize just how out of touch they are."

    See, we have an opinion from a relatively young man compared to most of us on here. He works and talks with the younger generation everyday and probably has a good insight to what their politics are and what they will vote fer.

    REPs have to sell their philosophy/politics to a wider margin of voters, explain it better and not come off as so mean/gonna shut down the GOVT and cancel all assistance and social programs. Of course they really do not want to do that. I'm sure if they found a better way to explain their agenda and why it is necessary to reel in excessive wasteful spending like there ain't no tomorrow they would get more support.

    Who knows where their upcoming election will head. Folks are sick of The Establishment (REPS) and DEMs progressive policies and I do not think a candidate on either extreme will win a POTUS election. This includes Tea Party and Progressive Liberals far lefties.

    What we will end up with is one from each party that tries to appease/BS their extremes and come off as a moderate liberal or conservative.

    It is time for REPs to catch up with the times, get some new idys, look around and find a way to communicate effectively with a wide variety of voters or else we will be stuck with another 4 years of a DEM POTUS.

    Obammny has screwed up healthcare/the economy/foreign policy really bad and the REP runner should rub it in at every opportunity, relentlessly. Plus have a plan of their own to sell to voters.

    I really don't like the state of affairs where we may have the third president from the same family again or worse yet, the spouse of a former POTUS. Can't we come up with better?

    Yes, I will vote for a REP over any DEM, may not be my pick, but will vote for who gets through the process/primaries and the REP nominates to run.

    Really, what else can I do....stay home and bitch?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Part of me wants the GOP to run Romney or Bush, so that when they lose maybe they will FINALLY realize just how out of touch they are.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Thank you for the most illuminating post on this thread. :up:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,993 Senior Member
    The fact the hardcore conservatives need to wrap their brains around is that a hardcore conservative is NOT, NO WAY, NO HOW going to win a national election. Such a candidate may carry their home bible belt, but are going to fall flat on their faces in the population centers WHERE THE ELECTORAL VOTES ACTUALLY ARE. Supporters of such candidates seem unable to realize that their end-game will be much more easily advanced by populating the House and Senate with their conservative poster children, and then picking a more middle-of-the-road President that will be willing to WORK with their poster children. Sitting home and pouting on election day only gives them the evil of two lessers.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,827 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The fact the hardcore conservatives need to wrap their brains around is that a hardcore conservative is NOT, NO WAY, NO HOW going to win a national election. Such a candidate may carry their home bible belt, but are going to fall flat on their faces in the population centers WHERE THE ELECTORAL VOTES ACTUALLY ARE. Supporters of such candidates seem unable to realize that their end-game will be much more easily advanced by populating the House and Senate with their conservative poster children, and then picking a more middle-of-the-road President that will be willing to WORK with their poster children. Sitting home and pouting on election day only gives them the evil of two lessers.

    OMG! Does this mean that Joe Nobody ain't gonna win?

    Yep, stay home and help put Hillary in the White House. That oughta just about do this country in for good.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Does it help JEB? Billary? Right thing for him to do?

    Yes the right thing. He had virtually no chance of being elected and his nomination would be chancy, too.

    Had he a realistic chance to win, he should have stuck with it. But apparently wise minds prevailed and talked him out of the race. The effort and pressure of running for Prez is enormous, and the burden on your family huge. He made the right decision to quit.

    Mitt's a nice guy, smart, honest, and although he's more middle of the road than I'd prefer, he'd be an okay prez. What I really think, however, is that he'd be a good cabinet member, like State, due to his fine administrative experience.

    I really do think that it's now time for a genuine conservative to be nominated. I've got no deep rooted problems with moderate Republicans but I've of the opinion that the electorate will be fed up with liberals by the next election and swing toward a more conservative vote.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The fact the hardcore conservatives need to wrap their brains around is that a hardcore conservative is NOT, NO WAY, NO HOW going to win a national election.

    Not necessarily. If you consider "hardcore" a bible thumping guy who gets all weepy about birth control clinics, then yeah. But a fiscal conservative with a broad populist appeal? Different. Example: Ronnie Reagan.

    Maybe Rand Paul or Bobby Jindal, someone like that.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,827 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Yes the right thing. He had virtually no chance of being elected and his nomination would be chancy, too.

    Had he a realistic chance to win, he should have stuck with it. But apparently wise minds prevailed and talked him out of the race. The effort and pressure of running for Prez is enormous, and the burden on your family huge. He made the right decision to quit.

    Mitt's a nice guy, smart, honest, and although he's more middle of the road than I'd prefer, he'd be an okay prez. What I really think, however, is that he'd be a good cabinet member, like State, due to his fine administrative experience.

    I really do think that it's now time for a genuine conservative to be nominated. I've got no deep rooted problems with moderate Republicans but I've of the opinion that the electorate will be fed up with liberals by the next election and swing toward a more conservative vote.


    Sam, I have been praying for a really conservative candidate to be nominated. But there haven't been in years. So like you and I agree on, I'll do what I can in the Primary but when it comes to the General Election, the Republican, conservative or moderate or Even RINO has my vote. Like I say, we can hold a Rino's feet to the fire somewhat, but once a Dem is in there we have NO CONTROL. Like Big Slug said, we have a lot better chance of getting a Conservative into the congress than in the white house, so if we have a moderate or middle of the road as president he will have a more conservative congress to work with. That' balances things out a whole lot better than having a DEM wit in the driver's seat.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,993 Senior Member
    Demwit. . .I like that!
    samzhere wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If you consider "hardcore" a bible thumping guy who gets all weepy about birth control clinics, then yeah.

    It's those hard SOCIAL conservatives that are pretty much EXACTLY what I mean, and it seems to be the lack of that kind of candidate that keeps a lot of the far right voters saying "sour grapes" and not voting. These are the politicians that terrify pretty much anyone who stands leaning at any angle other than hard right, and they're more likely to stir up a "Vote against" movement. They're basically the other extreme of Nancy Pelosi - anyone even slightly in the middle is repelled by either. Both are after your money and freedoms - your only choices are how much and which you want to surrender. As I hinted at in my earlier post, winning DISTRICTS is probably the limit of those kinds of politicians. The nation, not so much.

    Thing is, even the hardest lefties will vote for whoever is the least right-leaning. The hard righties seem less willing to waver, and the resulting electoral math isn't hard to figure out.

    Do we even HAVE any fiscal conservatives with broad populist appeal these days? Ronnie Reagan wouldn't be handing out free O-phones. That alone might sink him today.:bang:
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.