So Mitt is outta the race

2»

Replies

  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,031 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    SS3 quote "Part of me wants the GOP to run Romney or Bush, so that when they lose maybe they will FINALLY realize just how out of touch they are."

    See, we have an opinion from a relatively young man compared to most of us on here. He works and talks with the younger generation everyday and probably has a good insight to what their politics are and what they will vote fer.

    REPs have to sell their philosophy/politics to a wider margin of voters, explain it better and not come off as so mean/gonna shut down the GOVT and cancel all assistance and social programs. Of course they really do not want to do that. I'm sure if they found a better way to explain their agenda and why it is necessary to reel in excessive wasteful spending like there ain't no tomorrow they would get more support.

    Who knows where their upcoming election will head. Folks are sick of The Establishment (REPS) and DEMs progressive policies and I do not think a candidate on either extreme will win a POTUS election. This includes Tea Party and Progressive Liberals far lefties.

    What we will end up with is one from each party that tries to appease/BS their extremes and come off as a moderate liberal or conservative.

    It is time for REPs to catch up with the times, get some new idys, look around and find a way to communicate effectively with a wide variety of voters or else we will be stuck with another 4 years of a DEM POTUS.

    Obammny has screwed up healthcare/the economy/foreign policy really bad and the REP runner should rub it in at every opportunity, relentlessly. Plus have a plan of their own to sell to voters.

    I really don't like the state of affairs where we may have the third president from the same family again or worse yet, the spouse of a former POTUS. Can't we come up with better?

    Yes, I will vote for a REP over any DEM, may not be my pick, but will vote for who gets through the process/primaries and the REP nominates to run.

    Really, what else can I do....stay home and bitch?
    Big Chief wrote: »
    SS3 quote "Part of me wants the GOP to run Romney or Bush, so that when they lose maybe they will FINALLY realize just how out of touch they are."

    See, we have an opinion from a relatively young man compared to most of us on here. He works and talks with the younger generation everyday and probably has a good insight to what their politics are and what they will vote fer.

    REPs have to sell their philosophy/politics to a wider margin of voters, explain it better and not come off as so mean/gonna shut down the GOVT and cancel all assistance and social programs. Of course they really do not want to do that. I'm sure if they found a better way to explain their agenda and why it is necessary to reel in excessive wasteful spending like there ain't no tomorrow they would get more support.

    Who knows where their upcoming election will head. Folks are sick of The Establishment (REPS) and DEMs progressive policies and I do not think a candidate on either extreme will win a POTUS election. This includes Tea Party and Progressive Liberals far lefties.

    What we will end up with is one from each party that tries to appease/BS their extremes and come off as a moderate liberal or conservative.

    It is time for REPs to catch up with the times, get some new idys, look around and find a way to communicate effectively with a wide variety of voters or else we will be stuck with another 4 years of a DEM POTUS.

    Obammny has screwed up healthcare/the economy/foreign policy really bad and the REP runner should rub it in at every opportunity, relentlessly. Plus have a plan of their own to sell to voters.


    I really don't like the state of affairs where we may have the third president from the same family again or worse yet, the spouse of a former POTUS. Can't we come up with better?

    Yes, I will vote for a REP over any DEM, may not be my pick, but will vote for who gets through the process/primaries and the REP nominates to run.

    Really, what else can I do....stay home and bitch?
    ve.

    I think there's a lot of new blood and new Ideas around, but after the Libtard Media and the Left handed politicians BS the unknowing out there, they don't know who to believe or vote for.

    Case in point: Republicans are viewed as racists. Why? For one thing They oppose liberal Democratic policies and the Liberals are in like flynn with the NAACP. But yet there are many Conservative blacks in the Republican party now and everytime you turn on Fox News you see a new one. Some of the more notable black conservatives are Dr. Ben Carson, and Col. Allen West who are promising up and coming conservative leaders. West I believe was a Florida Representative from 2010 until 2012. He's a solid conservative. He is just one of several. Others of notoriety are Financial specialist Charles Payne and Tea Party man David Webb. And FOX has black news comentators and anchors, such as Harris Faulkner, and Arthel Neville to name just two. So where do they get it that we're racists? And we have had several potential candidates such as Herman Cain who have suggested we overhaul the tax system. The Dummycraps don't want to do that for fear they may not have enough cash to fund their Social progams, which nobody but them benefits from because the unknowing vote for them and keep them in power. That IS after all their main goal, bribing the poor for votes, yet the poor remain poor and have since Johnson started his Great Society farce back in a1965 and we as tax payers have spent 10 ments worth of money The Dummycraps have no new programs, it's the same old song and dance, Tax and Spend and throw money at it. I think the Republicans have some good things going for them but they need a salesman to sell it to the Country.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,781 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The fact the hardcore conservatives need to wrap their brains around is that a hardcore conservative is NOT, NO WAY, NO HOW going to win a national election. Such a candidate may carry their home bible belt, but are going to fall flat on their faces in the population centers WHERE THE ELECTORAL VOTES ACTUALLY ARE. Supporters of such candidates seem unable to realize that their end-game will be much more easily advanced by populating the House and Senate with their conservative poster children, and then picking a more middle-of-the-road President that will be willing to WORK with their poster children. Sitting home and pouting on election day only gives them the evil of two lessers.

    All of you California Cats are hung up on the Bible Belt, Christian Right theme that the Democrat Party has been trying to pound into everybody's heads for a couple of decades, now. Here's some news for you: the conservative label represents much more than that, and always has. Yes, Christians are conservative, but so is everybody else who believes in small Constitutional government. Most conservatives don't even call themselves that any more because the left has been so successful in stereotyping them, but they have not changed their minds about the type of government they prefer. You guys need to get over the hang-ups about being seen as agreeing with religious types. They are just normal people, who happen go to church. The TV preachers go after the morons, just like any other infomercial goes after a target group, but what you see on TV does not represent the average Christian.

    As for a conservative not being able to win, that is horseshiite. Ronald Reagan was governor of California during the hippie years, and he was a Barry Goldwater conservative. All that a conservative has to do to win is to present his message clearly, and not allow himself to be pigeon-holed into the Christian Right category by lefties, athiests, and Californians in general.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,031 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    All of you California Cats are hung up on the Bible Belt, Christian Right theme that the Democrat Party has been trying to pound into everybody's heads for a couple of decades, now. Here's some news for you: the conservative label represents much more than that, and always has. Yes, Christians are conservative, but so is everybody else who believes in small Constitutional government. Most conservatives don't even call themselves that any more because the left has been so successful in stereotyping them, but they have not changed their minds about the type of government they prefer. You guys need to get over the hang-ups about being seen as agreeing with religious types. They are just normal people, who happen go to church. The TV preachers go after the morons, just like any other infomercial goes after a target group, but what you see on TV does not represent the average Christian.

    As for a conservative not being able to win, that is horseshiite. Ronald Reagan was governor of California during the hippie years, and he was a Barry Goldwater conservative. All that a conservative has to do to win is to present his message clearly, and not allow himself to be pigeon-holed into the Christian Right category by lefties, athiests, and Californians in general.

    Amen! This is right on. Y'all Christianphobiacs get over it or you'll be paying homemage to Hillary in two years.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    New Jersey Governor Christie to begin UK visit.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31076641

    '' New Jersey's Governor and Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie is to begin his three-day visit to the UK.

    Mr Christie will hold a series of meetings with top British politicians, including Prime Minister David Cameron.

    Officially, his trip is a trade mission to promote ties with New Jersey's third largest foreign partner, with $7bn (£4.6bn) in goods exchanged in 2014.
    But it is also seen as a chance to boost his foreign policy credentials ahead of the 2016 White House race.''

    In Britain, he is due to hold talks with Mr Cameron and Chancellor George Osborne.

    "One of the main objectives of this trip is to focus on the opportunities that exist between the United Kingdom and New Jersey and our country as a whole,"
    Governor Christie told reporters ahead of the visit.
    "There is no other country that has such a strong connection to ours in terms of history, economy and culture. And so we want to continue to make the most of that relationship."
    I just hope you folk vote right this time.
    Obama can talk the talk - he's popular over here in Australia. Rock star status.
    Bush Jr was a real joke (as far as we're concerned) and brought Australia into Iraq (which many resent).
    Hopefully the USA gets some good options next time around.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't doubt GW Bush was a joke to the world because the world is a slave to the Libtard Media and that's all you hear is the left side of things. Bush was a MAN! A Real Man that did what he said and said what he was going to do. Maybe Australia needed to get into Iraq and help rid the world of the Scum. No, everybody depends on us. But nobody minds having a place to buy oil. They just don't want to help foot the bill. And you guys didn't have 9-11 happen to you. It happend on Bush's watch and he didn't take too kindly to it. Also, he saw Iraq as a pest hole to the free world. But then nobody twisted your arms to come join is in the Sand Box. That was a decision made by your politicians.

    BTW, Bush was one of those guys that was trying to protect the right of people to own guns and not end up like you guys over there where the Politicians and libtards stole your guns.

    Now Mr.Snake, am I allowed to 'take the pith' while he is over here?

    Or I am best to just bite the bullit, for fear of being excommunicated and facing mortification of the flesh as penance and atonement. :angel2:

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Don't get between Fat Boy and a plate of Fish N Chips while he is over there :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,031 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    New Jersey Governor Christie to begin UK visit.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31076641

    '' New Jersey's Governor and Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie is to begin his three-day visit to the UK.

    Mr Christie will hold a series of meetings with top British politicians, including Prime Minister David Cameron.

    Officially, his trip is a trade mission to promote ties with New Jersey's third largest foreign partner, with $7bn (£4.6bn) in goods exchanged in 2014.
    But it is also seen as a chance to boost his foreign policy credentials ahead of the 2016 White House race.''

    In Britain, he is due to hold talks with Mr Cameron and Chancellor George Osborne.

    "One of the main objectives of this trip is to focus on the opportunities that exist between the United Kingdom and New Jersey and our country as a whole,"
    Governor Christie told reporters ahead of the visit.
    "There is no other country that has such a strong connection to ours in terms of history, economy and culture. And so we want to continue to make the most of that relationship."





    Now Mr.Snake, am I allowed to 'take the pith' while he is over here?

    Or I am best to just bite the bullit, for fear of being excommunicated and facing mortification of the flesh as penance and atonement. :angel2:

    I have a great Idea, Just keep him over there. Take his water wigs away so he can't swim home. And if you like him we can send you Hillary as a Bonus. Maybe they will enjoy each other's company and have Tea and Crupets together. Woudn't that be sweet?

    :yikes:................:buff2:..................:uhm:....................,.:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I take it from this that he is not of the prophecy foretold, the coming of the Anointed One:


    And there will be a time of crisis, of worlds hanging in the balance.

    And in this time shall come the Anointed, the great warrior for the principles of the American founding............

    The Monocrats will die, and from their ashes the Anointed shall rise.

    The Brethren of the Sacred Principle shall meet him and usher him to his immortal destiny...........

    The Hillary One will not know him, will not stop him, and he will lead her into hell.

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,781 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Governor Christie told reporters ahead of the visit.
    "There is no other country that has such a strong connection to ours in terms of history, economy and culture. And so we want to continue to make the most of that relationship."

    Don't get sucked in by the brown-nosing - remember that he held hands on the beach with Obama when he thought it was politically expedient.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,287 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    All that a conservative has to do to win is to present his message clearly, and not allow himself to be pigeon-holed into the Christian Right category by lefties, athiests, and Californians in general.

    Ummmm. . .isn't that pretty much what I said? Hate California and New York politics and the perceptions of the urbanites all you want, but they represent a towering heap of electoral votes that has to be respected. It's very hard to have a solid win with a candidate half the nation flat out fears. What we keep having is folks not participating in elections because the Republican standard bearer ends up not hard right enough, or deserting to an election-compromising third party because they see too much of hard right influence. We don't need another divider. I'll take a milquetoast Republican who can work with a congress his party controls over a Marxist in a donkey suit any day.

    Lesser evils guys. Congress and the Supreme Court are the real long-term prizes. All we need in a Prez is someone that'll sing along.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,781 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Lesser evils guys. Congress and the Supreme Court are the real long-term prizes. All we need in a Prez is someone that'll sing along.

    True enough, but even to get one of those elected, he has to be hard-nosed enough to beat up his opponent with his own stick. The milquetoast moderates are so afraid of pissing off one of the fringe groups or minorities that they won't even use the facts that are handed to them on a silver platter.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    True enough, but even to get one of those elected, he has to be hard-nosed enough to beat up his opponent with his own stick. The milquetoast moderates are so afraid of pissing off one of the fringe groups or minorities that they won't even use the facts that are handed to them on a silver platter.

    Good comments on this, bis. Others here have said some smart stuff too.

    Recently Gov Scott Walker has been moving forward and he seems to be seriously considering running. He's exactly the sort of conservative candidate who can be elected, too.

    Much as many "hard core" conservatives may wish, there are 2 aspects of conservative (or right leaning or however you want to define it) that simply will not float into a general election win: 1- strong bible thumping, and 2- incessant ranting about stopping abortion. It matters not whether many deep conservatives are in favor of either, but the general electorate finds it a turn-off.

    Scott Walker has avoided either of these issues, and he's also shown that he's unafraid to face opposition. He fought and won against a recall, and has won election twice now in face of huge Democrat hatred and union opposition. He emphasizes fiscal conservatism but isn't radical about it. And he's demonstrated his leadership in helping his state grow financially and to cut taxes as well.

    He's also personable and sharp. All these attributes play well for the general electorate. Of course, as a governor, he's got zero international experience. This always works against any governor who's running for prez. But the way Hillary has botched her international "service" can sink her on these matters -- too many skeletons in the closet. Of course Hillary is a goddess for the dedicated Democrat but those folks will vote for any Demo nominee anyway. So that's a wash. But to attract swing votes in an international venue? Hillary is very vulnerable.

    Governors are administrators, as are presidents. This is why they make pretty good presidents in general.

    I'm thinking there are several governors who may prove very good candidates for the Republicans, Scott Walker and Bobby Jindal among them. And I frankly think that Christie is sunk. He's proven to be way too much interested in his own political future and has too much debris in his wake.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If we could convince then to emigrate from Israel and Jordan and get rid of that pesky "natural-born citizen" rule, an Abdullah/Netenyahu ticket should fill the bill nicely. They could flip a coin to see who gets top billing- - - - -I'd support them either way!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,031 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    I take it from this that he is not of the prophecy foretold, the coming of the Anointed One:


    And there will be a time of crisis, of worlds hanging in the balance.

    And in this time shall come the Anointed, the great warrior for the principles of the American founding............

    The Monocrats will die, and from their ashes the Anointed shall rise.

    The Brethren of the Sacred Principle shall meet him and usher him to his immortal destiny...........

    The Hillary One will not know him, will not stop him, and he will lead her into hell.

    No Bro Shush, he's definitely not that one,.......:rotflmao:.......:rotflmao:.......:rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,031 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Ummmm. . .isn't that pretty much what I said? Hate California and New York politics and the perceptions of the urbanites all you want, but they represent a towering heap of electoral votes that has to be respected. It's very hard to have a solid win with a candidate half the nation flat out fears. What we keep having is folks not participating in elections because the Republican standard bearer ends up not hard right enough, or deserting to an election-compromising third party because they see too much of hard right influence. We don't need another divider. I'll take a milquetoast Republican who can work with a congress his party controls over a Marxist in a donkey suit any day.

    Lesser evils guys. Congress and the Supreme Court are the real long-term prizes. All we need in a Prez is someone that'll sing along.

    Yeah but BigSlug, I agree with Bisley that everybody needs to quit being So Churchaphobic. These same Christians you're saying everybody is scared to see get elected are First and Foremost, For following the rule of law. They believe in going by the Constitution. And nowadays most of the Christian right only wants Christianity left alone and traditions not attacked. When we're told that we can't say a prayer at a football game because it all of a sudden offends someone of a different Faith or an Atheist, when it has been tradition to do so forever, it pisses us off. We don't force anybody to join in that doesn't believe in it. Yet if we say anything were fanatics. I don't think we have ever forced anyone to follow our beliefs. But if someone Conservative hints he believes in God and Christ then he's all of a sudden a fanatic. I have never heard of one of us opening up with an AR and screaming Jesus or die you heathen scumbags! Only one religion I know that you might see doing something like that. And they won't be talking about Jesus!

    Also, I may push a very hard core Christian conservative in the Primary, but Like Sam, when it comes to the General Election I'm voting for the Republican nominee as you suggested. And no way I'm voting for a hopeless Third Party Candidate. They don't win and all you do by boycotting the Republican Nominee is Give the Election Away. No way I'm sitting home and as you say, letting the libs elect the "Evil of 2 Lessers!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    The Republican leadership is setting up for Jeb Bush or Christie, and conservative/libertarian types don't like either. I wish Rand Paul, Ted Cruze, Rubio, and Santorum would get together and decide that Paul and then Cruz represent values and that Rubio and Santorum should stand out of the way.

    Fixed
    bisley wrote: »
    Scott Walker is the wild card, in my opinion. He might be the guy that both factions could support - too early to tell, and southern conservatives don't know him well enough, yet. Rick Perry could pound on some good conservative issues before the media hounds him out of the race, but I don't see him staying to the end. Rand Paul is going after Libertarians and disgruntled Democrats, and is starting to sound like his father - a good man, but with unpopular foreign policy ideas (to conservatives).

    Personally, I much prefer Governors to Senators, because they aren't usually inside-the-Beltway types.

    I think the nation as a whole is war weary, on top of being more than 18 trillion in the hole. Paul somehow needs to get people to put out the message that non intervention does not equal isolationist. The Republican voter base itself splits on how much it likes continued war games in the middle east. Without talking heads drumming up ISIS/ISIL/HYDRA, I imagine that even with Republican voters that non intervention becomes more and more attractive.

    The younger crowd, (and that goes for some of the Iraq/Afghan vets I know and talk to) are much more on board with protecting the US versus foreign adventures that some of the Founders so wisely warned us against.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,781 Senior Member
    I'd appreciate it if you would do something to indicate what part of my quote that you rewrote. It confused me so I know most people reading it will also be confused. Here is what I wrote: "I wish Rand Paul, Ted Cruze, Rubio, and Santorum would get together and decide which one has a chance so that one of them could cobble together a winning strategy."

    On the rest of your post, I say this:

    I agree that the nation is war-weary, but Rand Paul has to stop sounding like his dad, who says about the same thing Ted Kennedy, Dennis Kucinich, and probably several other lefties have said about us being the problem, rather than the terrorists who hate our guts. Besides, we may have to go back to Iraq before this mess resolves itself, and making statements about not going back probably increases that possibility. It is a screwed up mess because Bush misjudged the resolve of Americans to finish the job in Iraq, and because he made the military walk too softly when they were there. If we were going in there, we should have finished the job and installed a military governor to run the country and kept bases there from which to conduct further operations, as necessary.
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    What I would really like to see is Vermont and Maine (especially Vermont) follow through on their threats to secede from the Union. Then if they weren't forced (illegally/unconstitutionally) back in then some other states might work up the gumption to to quit this mess, too.

    On the topic of elections - Millenials are projected to overtake Baby Boomers this year (2015, and if they voted en masse then the Republicans would have to kick the Boehner's, Rove's, Priebus's out to stay relevant.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.