Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Earthquake in Turkey... Effect on the USA?

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
Sunday's earthquake in Turkey was bad. I am wondering what the USA will do to help. I am sure that the Red Cross, and NATO will offer aid, and the USA will offer money. Israel has a team that is specifically trained to find survivors in earthquakes, if the Turks will allow them to come and help... The more cynical and underhanded question I have, not that I am playing off of anyones misforturne, but do ya think that the US will use this disaster to get a foothold and a stronghold inside the Country of Turkey?,, to reinforce our middle east military position? It's possible I guess, because I don't put nothing past our Corrupt US Gov. and the CIA,etc. etc...... Once we get in to help then ..... were in... so to speak... I know back in the 1960's we had U-2 spy plane bases in Turkey when we were high altitude spying on the Soviet Union/Russia..... Turkey border's Iran, We are removing troops from Iraq, We want to remove troops from Afganistan, so why not send them to Turkey to help with the eartquake? See what I am getting at here?..........................
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Myself I wish we would mind our own business.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Sunday's earthquake in Turkey was bad. I am wondering what the USA will do to help. I am sure that the Red Cross, and NATO will offer aid, and the USA will offer money. Israel has a team that is specifically trained to find survivors in earthquakes, if the Turks will allow them to come and help... The more cynical and underhanded question I have, not that I am playing off of anyones misforturne, but do ya think that the US will use this disaster to get a foothold and a stronghold inside the Country of Turkey?,, to reinforce our middle east military position? It's possible I guess, because I don't put nothing past our Corrupt US Gov. and the CIA,etc. etc...... Once we get in to help then ..... were in... so to speak... I know back in the 1960's we had U-2 spy plane bases in Turkey when we were high altitude spying on the Soviet Union/Russia..... Turkey border's Iran, We are removing troops from Iraq, We want to remove troops from Afganistan, so why not send them to Turkey to help with the eartquake? See what I am getting at here?..........................

I'm sure we will. I agree with Buford. We should mind our own business... at LEAST until we have all of our OWN ducks in a row.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    We still do have US Air Forces Bases in Turkey. WE have some NATO ones there too. I don't think we will push much on the issue of wanting to help beside the normal offer of aid from the bases currently there. As NATO we got put on standby yesterday for a QRF Comms package, but I don't think we will go. Turkey crossed a big red line least week and they know it. The launched attacks into Iraq against Kurdish Strongholds.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."