Oh, Canada...

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,083 Senior Member
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    That will fly like a ...........Ross.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,727 Senior Member
    Looks as handy as a 100 pound cell phone, and just as ergonomic.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    The-Fifth-Element-5th-ZORG-ZF-1-Weapon-System-Functional-Airsoft-Rocket-Pods-1.jpg
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    Looks like a double snouted nail gun. A thing designed to do several things generally does none well, and most poorly.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    They've been working on THAT since 2009? REALLY??
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    cpj wrote: »
    Hockey! Stick to hockey, Hosers!
    It pronounced "ocky, eh"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    Yah, Canadians need to stick to, well, what do Canadians do, eh?

Curling....you know that thing with big rocks and brooms...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 388 Member
    Shakes my head and goes back to my hockey and beer
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,552 Senior Member
    Yah, Canadians need to stick to, well, what do Canadians do, eh?

I do know they make the best AR-15/M-16 type assault rifle, the C7. I would love to own one of those, but that's never going to happen.

Oh and don't forget back bacon.
    Canadian bacon is ham. Not bacon,eh.

It's called back bacon, not Canadian bacon.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    [IMG][/img]package_NC_canadian_bacon1_zps386ecd0b.jpg

I think Plumrose/DAK used to sell it or still does in cans?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Canadian bacon is ham. Not bacon,eh.
    Pegasus wrote: »
    It's called back bacon, not Canadian bacon.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I think Plumrose/DAK used to sell it or still does in cans?

Untitled-2__1217536332_7093.jpg

1 English bacon. Taken from the loin, with lean surrounded by a ring of fat. Cured and/or smoked.
    2 Canadian bacon. Precooked, very lean, cured and lightly smoked, and cut from the loin. (Known as "back bacon" in Canada.)
    3 Country bacon. Often heavily smoked, salty, and thickly sliced.
    4 Standard bacon. Sliced and packaged, usually with the rind trimmed.
    5 Pancetta. Italian bacon from the belly that is seasoned, dry-aged, and cured - not smoked.
    6 Slab bacon. Pork belly with fat, lean, and rind, that has been cured and/or smoked, but not sliced.

No.1 is proper bacon.

The rest is just foreign muck. :wink:

And what of gammon?

"What a world of gammon and spinnage it is though, ain't it!"
    Dickens'

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,065 Senior Member
    Gammon...hence the term "gams." As in "My gams are killing me."
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L wrote: »
    ....... As in "My gams are killing me."

You has no couth t'all.

shush wrote: »

1 English bacon. Taken from the loin, with lean surrounded by a ring of fat. Cured and/or smoked.
    2 Canadian bacon. Precooked, very lean, cured and lightly smoked, and cut from the loin. (Known as "back bacon" in Canada.)
    5 Pancetta. Italian bacon from the belly that is seasoned, dry-aged, and cured - not smoked.
    6 Slab bacon. Pork belly with fat, lean, and rind, that has been cured and/or smoked, but not sliced.

No.1 is proper bacon.

And what of gammon?

Dickens'

The way we colonists break our pork the bacon,you so enjoy, would cut into the spareribs, and leave the back ribs extra long. The tails of the loin on your proper bacon is the flat cut side of good ole belly bacon. Here that means money left on the loin to be trimmed off and ground into sausage, when it could be made into bacon at a higher margin Not saying your way is wrong I just didn't see very many rib joints when I was over there.
    Well, if it comes from the back...it ain't bacon.

Sigh.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I have just about decided shoulder bacon, or Arkansas bacon, is my favorite. Bacon flavor, ham texture. Canadian bacon is ok, as a way to get a fourth kind of pork, on pizza but that is pretty much it.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Freakin Okies.

Hey, Oakies are OK :rotflmao::rotflmao:

I dunno there were some good things about being stationed there at Fort Sill twice, the part of OK Texas didn't want north of the Red River...............I'm still trying to remember some good stuff about OK, hang on..........

Cowboy Hall of Fame in OK City and Tulsa had tress and water and.......lets see near Fort Sill/Lawton OK ............Witcha Mtns Wildlife Refuge .............Meers Burgers................Mt Scott.............Cache .................I bought a S&W model 624 out in Duncan OK a few days before leaving for an assignment in Germany fer a great price...........when I was supposed to home keeping an eye on the household goods packers.............Mrs Chief wasn't amused..................must have been 1987 and happiness was seeing OK in my rear view mirror...........
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Make jokes of our Northern Neighbors if you must, but don't sell 'em short. They'll surprise you. I've been there-done that and they aren't exactly stupid.

Though the average Canadian seems more Anal than the Brits (Brits seem uptight but when you catch em in the partying mood, they can be a trip). The truth of the matter is that us U.S. Guys are the most laid back in all the world (in that we don't sweat the small stuff) and sometimes we tend to question their overthinking of things or their uptightness. But I've found it best to just stand back and get a cup of coffee and let them proceed.

One example, at work in the chemical plant, we had lots of analyzers in our units. We had to analize everything from the Cycle Gas to the Recovery vents for everything from Oxygen to aldehydes and a thousand things in between. We had a building called the Analyser Building. We did NOT work on analyzers. we only used them. But we needed to know how to do a certain amount of trouble shooting if we had trouble so we could direct the night and weekend call out maintenance people who may not be familiar with our particular unit.

In Kuwait one Canadian working with us said he spent 6 hours in the analyser building tracing out everything. Now that is overkill to the max. It would seem that we as operators (Did you get that Buffy?)wouldn't need to know every line and valve and every solenoid in that building and it takes about 30 minutes to trace out all the valving we needed to know about. But spending 6 hours in there? That is not just overkill, that is ANAL overkill, hehehehe. But you know what? I always felt good when that guy was around because he could answer any question.

That's an example of them. But they are good people and good to have on our team. Canadians are some of the least lazy people I know. Like I said, they are anal and overkill, but anything one of them does usually has some positive effect. So whatever weapon they develop might turn out useful in some form, even though while in the process they drive Americans BAT CRAP Crazy,

..........:yikes:..........:fan:

:rotflmao:..........:rotflmao:..........:rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    shush wrote: »

No.1 is proper bacon.

And what of gammon?

Dickens'

Oh just HUSH SHUSH!!! Your British Bacon be sucketh man! You guys don't know how to smoke it proper! HEHEHE! I've had it before, and I think I'd prefer Haggis,

:nono:..........:yikes:........:vomit:

:rotflmao:..........:rotflmao:..........:rotflmao:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Well, if it comes from the back...it ain't bacon.

Only in your little world.......
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Looks as handy as a 100 pound cell phone, and just as ergonomic.

Yeah agreed! Who's gonna carry this monstrosity?
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah agreed! Who's gonna carry this monstrosity?
    A Canadian........duh!
    Elk creek wrote: »
    A Canadian........duh!

Good Point! :silly:..........:tissue:..........:roll:..........:bang:

:rotflmao:....................:rotflmao:....................:rotflmao:....................:tooth: